HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2015, 07:54 PM   #1
Debbie L.

Adjuvant Perjeta/pertuzumab

This discussion started over on SpiritualAbundance's TCH/hair&nail thread but I think it deserves its own thread.

I saw people posting that she should check into Perjeta. The last I had paid attention, it was FDA-approved in the US only for neoadjuvant (before surgery) or metatstatic use. When I googled a bit to try and find out if this is still true, it seems it is (even Perjeta website only lists the two indications).

BUT, I also found this from NCCN last year. NCCN guidelines carry a lot of weight in the US, and I would think would be a strong statement to show both reluctant oncs and insurance companies:

The Panel noted, “Considering the unprecedented improvement in overall survival in the metastatic setting and the significant improvement in pathologic complete response seen in the neoadjuvant setting, the NCCN Panel considers it reasonable to incorporate pertuzumab in … adjuvant regimens, with duration similar to that used in the neoadjuvant setting, if the patient did not receive pertuzumab as part of neoadjuvant therapy.” Pertuzumab may also be part of neoadjuvant treatment in patients with ≥ T2 or ≥ N1 disease."

The above is from this ASCO article

I can't copy/paste from the actual guidelines, but they do include that last sentence as a footnote on their HER2+ (both ERPR negative and triple positive) page.

Does anyone have more current or accurate info on adjuvant Pertuzumab?

Debbie L.

Debbie L. is offline   Reply With Quote