HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-17-2006, 03:53 PM   #21
Karen t

Herceptin/heart rate

I used to have a resting heart rate in the high 60s. Have been on wkly Herceptin 2 yrs now. My resting heart rate these days is hovering around 100. Sometimes when I feel strange, as in short of breath but not really, my pulse is up around 140. Muga was fine. Anyone have similar experience?
Karen t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 06:55 PM   #22
tousled1

These are side effects of Herceptin that I found on WEBMD.com

Diarrhea may occur. If this effect persists or worsens, notify your doctor promptly.

Remember that your doctor has prescribed this medication because the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects.

Report promptly: trouble sleeping, increased coughing, swelling of the hands or feet, bone or joint pain, persistent sore throat, unusual fatigue, pain/redness at the injection site, nausea/vomiting, dizziness, headache.

Unlikely but report promptly: tingling hands or feet.

This medication can lower the body's ability to fight an infection. Notify your doctor promptly if you develop any signs of an infections such as fever, chills or persistent sore throat.

In the unlikely event you have an allergic reaction to this drug, seek immediate medical attention. Symptoms of an allergic reaction include rash, itching, swelling, severe dizziness, or trouble breathing. Symptoms may occur while the drug is being given; in these cases the drug infusion must be stopped. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
Neoadjunct chemo: 4 A/C; 4 Taxatore
Bilateral mastectomy June 8, 2006
14 of 26 nodes positive
Herceptin June 22, 2006 - April 20, 2007
Radiation (X35) July 24-September 11, 2006
BRCA1/BRCA2 negative
Stage IV lung mets July 13, 2007 - TCH
Single brain met - August 6, 2007 -CyberKnife
Oct 2007 - clear brain MRI and lung mets shrinking.
March 2008 lung met progression, brain still clear - begin Tykerb/Xeloda/Ixempra
tousled1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 03:45 AM   #23
aurey

herceptin side effects

pain and ache in bones and joints especially hips knees and thumb joint
mood swings
diarrhea in third week
week nails
sleep difficulties because of pain
sometimes a 'dead' feeling in arms - as though slept on it and it had gone numb but it will be the upper arm if lying down
sore nose because continually wet
aurey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 07:02 PM   #24
gin-tx

I have had two herceptin treatments, no chemo. I too have difficulty sleeping and staying asleep, slight cough, and some swelling of fingers. I figured all was because of the Herceptin. Good luck and hope your symptoms improve. I had Bc 10 yrs ago with lumpectamy and radiation, no chemo. Then a reoccurrence on other side in April 2006, my onc is doing herceptin and aridia. I tolerated 2nd treatment better than first, had terrible chills. Doc gave me something to counteract that problem. Have next treatment this week. Keep in touch and let me know how you are doing.
ginkott1@aol.com
gin-tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 07:36 PM   #25
panicked911

herceptain

If i hear one more time herceptain is benign.....
muscle and joint aches espcially in hands, bottom of feet, knees and elbows .. 2 oncs said take glucosime and controitin .. so far nothing but has oly been two weeks..also started p/t I am curious of those of us who are reporting muslce and joint aches how many are also taking an aromatese inhibitor such as arimidex which is notorious for the muscle/joint aches. Agreed with onc to wait until herceptain is over and se eif any releif ..neither is hopeful and neither was i until i read all of these posts about muslce and joint aches.

THANKS!!!!!

Susanne
panicked911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 08:05 PM   #26
libby

Herceptin Side Effect

I am new to this forum in regards to posting a message but have been reading the message board for sometime and have learned a lot from many.
I was reading the topic on Herceptin side effects. I have been on Herceptin since April. Finished Taxol on June 29th. I continue to struggle with pitting edema in the feet and ankles. My onc tells me it is residual from the taxol however, I am really starting to think it is the herceptin after reading the post on side effects. I know it is a small price to pay but I was just wondering what others may be doing about it. Diuretics didn't seem to help and I don't care to be relying on those. It gets so bad some days I have trouble walking.
I will say sleeping hasn't been a real issue. I don't sleep as well as I use to but that has been tolerable.
So, anyone out there with the magic answer to the edema?
libby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 08:23 PM   #27
chrisy

Headaches, too...

Dear John,
There have been several discussions in the past month or so of sinus headaches as a side effect of Herceptin. Several members have experienced these, ranging from mild to severe. That said, with Her2 disease liking to metastasize to the brain, it's always important to get any persistent headaches checked out with an MRI. Several members have taken this precaution and had "clear" MRI's which is GOOD, but having to live with the headaches is not fun.
10/04-3/05 Weekly Taxol/Carboplatin/Herceptin , complete response!
04/05 - 4/07 Herception every 3 wks, Continue NED
04/07 - recurrence to liver - 2 spots, starting tykerb/avastin trial
06/07 8/07 10/07 Scans show stable, continue on Tykerb/Avastin
01/08 Progression in liver
02/08 Begin (TDM1) trial
08/08 NED! It's Working! Continue on TDM1
02/09 Continue NED
02/10 Continue NED. 5/10 9/10 Scans NED 10/10 Scans NED
12/10 Scans not clear....4/11 Scans suggest progression 6/11 progression confirmed in liver
07/11 - 11/11 Herceptin/Xeloda -not working:(
12/11 Begin MM302 Phase I trial - bust:(
03/12 3rd times the charm? AKT trial

5/12 Scan shows reduction! 7/12 More reduction!!!!
8/12 Whoops...progression...trying for Perjeta/Herceptin (plus some more nasty chemo!)
9/12 Start Perjeta/Herceptin, chemo on hold due to infection/wound in leg, added on cycle 2 &3
11/12 Poops! progression in liver, Stop Perjeta/Taxo/Herc
11/12 Navelbine/Herce[ptin - try for a 3 cycles, no go.
2/13 Gemzar/Carbo/Herceptin - no go.
3/13 TACE procedure
chrisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 08:32 PM   #28
Jean

Have some reactions also

Maybe once a every two weeks experience rapid heartbeat - lasts a second or two....
runny noise
sometimes a mild nose bleed
eyes seem dryer
some mild joint pain in the hip area
Usually have a mild headache day of herceptin treatment but alieve seems to help it.

If the herceptin does it job I'll deal with the above.....

Jean

Last edited by Jean; 08-06-2006 at 08:34 PM..
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 08:41 PM   #29
Margerie

I have achy hands and especially feet. Insomnia and some water retention- arms and fingers. Peely nails, keeping them short. I had attributed all to Arimidex, now rethinking!

Dx 10/05 IDC, multi-focal, triple +, 5 nodes+
MRM, 4 DD A/C, 12 weekly taxol + herceptin
rads concurrent with taxol/herceptin
finished herceptin 01/08
ooph, Arimidex, bilateral DIEP reconstruction
NED
Univ. of WA, Seattle vaccine trial '07
Margerie is offline   Reply With Quote