HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Clinical Trials
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-06-2005, 06:53 PM   #1
Rich

Does anyone know how the phase II portion of adjuvant AC/Paclitaxel/Herceptin went? The Phase III is accruing now..did phase II show promise and safety?
Old 02-11-2005, 08:30 PM   #2
Lolly

Rich, I did several searches and couldn't find any references, try posting your question on the main board, some others have subscriptions to on-line medical journals and might find something.

Good Luck!
Lolly
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 10:43 PM   #3
*_louise a._*

has anyone signed up to do the phase lll part of the trial? ive been offered it and need to know how people are doing on it...thanks for any info you can give me!
Old 02-15-2005, 05:11 PM   #4
Rich

I've been told that phase III metastatic trial precluded necessity for phase I & II early stage. I didn't know it could work that way but I guess phases can be skipped.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:54 PM   #5
KimbersNJ

Rich,

I am new here and saw your post. I don't know where you are located, but Memorial Sloan-Kettering is doing a Phase II feasibility trial of AC and Taxol with Herceptin. It is a small trial of only 70 individuals of dose-dense AC once every 2 weeks for four cycles and then Taxol once every 2 weeks for four cycles, followed by Herceptin once a week or even possibly once every three weeks. It is the only clinical trial available combining dose-dense chemo with the Herceptin. It is not randomized. All patients will receive the same therapy and will be closely monitored for any signs of cardiotoxicity. It is for early stage breast cancer node positive or high-risk node negative. You can find out more about the trial on www.MSKCC.org and look under find a clinical trial. The trial coordinators are Dr. Dang and Dr. Hudis. I was hoping to participate in the trial, but Sloan is not a participating provider for my insurance company.

Kim
Old 02-25-2005, 10:33 PM   #6
lizardram

Do you know when this trial started? I was on a trial with dose-dense AC randomized Herceptin/Taxol + Herceptin, but the Adriamycin decreased my heart function; they won't give me Herceptin.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:07 PM   #7
louise a.

according to my onc. it began april 2004