HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2007, 09:14 AM   #1
Erin

Uh-oh! New test results have me worried

Hi Ladies,

I am a bit freaked out and looking for information. In June I had a CT with contract done which was unremarkable (Whew!) Then, last week I had a high resolution CT done to try to diagnose the cause a persistent cough I have had since just before my dx. Well, when I got the test results ( I always get a copy of them directly from the imaging center - I have an HMO, and it takes weeks to get back to me about results) what popped up was a "7mm spiculated lesion with central cavity"....Yikes, this can't be good! On top of that, I got "the call" from the pulmonologist nurse today "the doctor wants to see you tomorrow to discuss your test results" (my HMO only moves that fastwhen it's bad news) :-(

First, let me thank anyone who is poised to write "don't worry, it is probably nothing, I am sure you will be OK". I truly appreciate the support and well wishes, but what I am looking for here is information. From my research so far (yes, the internet, but only legit sites) the "spiculated" part of the information is the most troubling. Some research work out of Sloan-Kettering quoted the stat of 84 to 90% of spiculated lesions are malignant. Interestingly, most of the articles say a lesion like this has a slightly higher statistical chance of being a new primary lung cancer (?) than mets from my bc (??).

So, has anyone out there got any personal info for me on something like this? I assume from my bc history that they will want to do further tests to find out what it really is. What are the most logical next steps going to be?.... a PET scan? (or is that just going to confirm the info they already know?) .... a bronchoscopy? A needle biopsy? The pulmonologist I am seeing is new to me and my onc, who I trust with my life, is on vacation! I go in today and I want to be prepared.

Help!
SNB 3 nodes clear
Stage 1, Grade 2, HER2+++ (FISH 6.8)
ER + / PR +
TCH, 6 rounds, finished 6/1/07!!!
Herceptin to continue for 1 year
36 rads finished 8/22/07
Port out 8/27/07
Switched to Herceptin weekly for joint pain
Ooph 11/13/07
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote