HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Profiles In Courage
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2005, 04:22 PM   #1
Daile

Smile On the Journey

Hi I'm Daile, 34 yrs old, mum of 2, married and living in wonderful New Zealand.
I was diagnosed Oct 2003 with BC, followed by a mastectomy revealing two grade II stage I cancerous tumors, plus some positive lymph nodes.
Both tumours were found to have high levels of the HER2 protien.
In Christmas 03 I begun 6 rounds of chemo followed by Tamoxifen.
I joined the HER2 trial in March 04 but was randomised into the monitoring section only. With such positive results 12 mths on in the trial here, it has been opened up to us other subjects. I have taken up this opportunity and have just had my second treatment given 3 wkly over the next 12mths. So far so good, feel wonderful. Look forward to following and learning from you all.

Best of wishes to you all,

Daile

Last edited by Daile; 12-04-2005 at 01:39 PM..
Daile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 10:49 AM   #2
Jeanette

Smile

Hello Daile, what a pretty name. I have heard that New Zealand is very pretty. Almost as pretty as my home country which is Scotland LOL I live in the USA now though and have for the past 40 years. I am also new to this site and I am gathering all sorts of info. You hang in there and remember you are never alone, Bless you, Jeanette
Jeanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 02:00 PM   #3
Daile

Thank you for your reply Jeanette. Yes New Zealand is very beautiful. Scotland is the home of my grandmother so its culture and heritage has always interested me (I love the accent). Maybe one day I'll get there. Yes this is a wonderful site and I am so amazed by how much information I too have learnt just by browsing around.
Take care, go well.

Daile
Old 10-28-2005, 03:47 AM   #4
Ernestine

On the Journey

Hi Daile, I also am new to this site and have found wonderful information and others who care enough to respond. I am a 2 time cancer survivor. My last battle was 18 mths ago with breast cancer her2+, because it was caught in its early stage, it had not not spread to the lymph nodes. I had a lumpectomy, chemo and rad. My doctor now has recommended that I take herceptin for the next year and I've been reluctant to do so, simply because of having to get another port and the side effects that it may cause. Good luck with your treatments.

Tine

Ernestine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 04:41 PM   #5
Daile

Smile

Hi Ernestine,

Thank you for your reply and sorry it has taken me a few days to get back.

You sound like you have been on quite a journey and I wish you many bright days here forward.

Yes it is differcult to make those decision whether to go with a treatment or not. It really is an individual choice and I am sure that at the end of the day you will make the choice that is best for you.

I do struggle sometimes with all the drugs that are going into my body but believe that I am doing what it is that I need to do. Perticularly at this present time as I recover from having a breast reconstruction 4 days ago.
My body found many of the drugs and process of surgery quite hard to deal with this time round. So I haven't bounced back as quickly as I thought, but then it is still early days.

Take care of you and all the best on your journey,

Daile
Old 11-05-2005, 11:26 AM   #6
cloudy9

Hello

here is a brave sotry from a brave woman
well everyone best wishes are with you including your beautiful women and children
so there is no need to worry
its only a matter of time before you get well
all the best once again
cloudy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 11:27 PM   #7
Daile

Smile

Thank you for your very kind words of support Cloudy9.

All the best to you also,

Daile
Old 11-17-2005, 10:00 PM   #8
Kiwiliz

Hi Daile

I am new to this site and have just found out that I am HER2pos I had a mastectomy & reconstruction in April 2005 (1 node of 22 removed was infected). At this stage I have have had 8 of 12 lots of chemo and have one week to go with radiation. All with not too many side affects, but problems with Portacath - onto No 3. It is good to know there is someone in good old NZ on this site so I will keep in touch.

Cheers every one. Kiwiliz
Kiwiliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 03:17 PM   #9
Daile

Wink

Welcome Kiwiliz,

I haven't been a member for to long but it is great to have a site dedicated to understanding and extending ones knowledge etc... on the HER2 topic.
I wish you all the best with your treatments.

Happy healing,

Daile