HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-20-2005, 01:01 PM   #1
Michelle

Any other ladies suffer from polycystic ovarian syndrome?

Ladies,
I was diagnosed with pcos in my mid 20's. It took me 9 yrs. to get that dx as I did not fit the classic mold. Im just wondering if any of the rest of you suffered from this syndrome, or other insulin related syndromes. Just a thought that has bothered me.
Michelle
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 07:56 PM   #2
jhandley

pcos

I bet you are/were low in progesterone. Pcos is a symptom of this as is endometriosis, fibroids, fibrocystic breasts to name the main ones. Dr John lee's book "What your doctor may not tell you about breast cancer" is very informative re. this. I had my prog. salivary tested and it was low. I now use natural progesterone cream 1.6% which has many benefits; amongst them it switches on the p53 tumour suppressor gene. Women who are low in progesterone have higher rates of BC.

Jackie
jhandley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 06:05 AM   #3
Michelle

Jackie
Thank you for this information. I have 3 of the 4 conditions(endo., pcos. fibrocystic breasts) you mention. Does your onc. prescribe the progesterone cream? Also, are you er+/pr+, and does that make a difference. Im definately going to look for the book you mention. I know Im low in progesterone as I had to take measure to carry through my early pregnancy with my son.
Michelle
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 08:25 PM   #4
jhandley

nat. prog. cream

I am er/pr-; my onc. knows I use the nat. prog. cream but has no official opinion either way. I also have a multi nodular goitre (such women also have higher rates of BC) and the nat. prog. cream helps the thyroid work better too.

If you are er/pr+ I would email Dr Lee and see what he has to say..since I am not er/pr+ I dont pay much attention to such matters although the nat. prog. is aimed to reproduce natural physiogical concetrations so I think you would be OK. The Science in the book includes experiments that show that nat. prog. is cancer preventing. I can highly recommend the book..it makes a lot of sense.

jackie
jhandley is offline   Reply With Quote