HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-05-2004, 09:46 AM   #1
carlye

Has anyone taken Lupron? If so could you share the symptoms you had after you recieved it? Thanks for your help!
Old 08-05-2004, 10:07 AM   #2
Denise

Carlye,
I am taking Zoladex injections every 3 months which has the same effects as lupron. I have been taking the shots for over a year now to keep my ovaries shut down. I have hot flashes and occasionally night sweats and I have insomnia which I think is common with women going through menopause. I haven't had problems with mood swings but I understand some women do. I think the first six months my hot flashes and night sweats were worse than they are now. Hope this helps.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:32 AM   #3
carlye

Thanks Denise,
I can't sleep either, I have alot of night sweats. I also have a lot of muscle aches which I am trying to figure out if that is the cause. I wake up sometimes feeling like I have the bad flu, aches and chills. Thanks for your response!
Old 08-05-2004, 11:32 AM   #4
jojo

Hi Carlye,

I hadn't realized that you could inject in the stomach ONLY for Zoladex, and anywhere else for Lupron. I found that out, AFTER I'd started on Zoladex. So, I am not taking Lupron, although I did later ask my onc to switch me to Lupron. I just like the idea of having the shot anywhere I want, instead of the same old tummy. She said no, just keep on monthly Zoladex. She thinks that Zoladex is more effective than Lupron -- at least in my case.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:56 AM   #5
Sandy H.

Apparently, men use this for prostrate cancer. The one I know used it had joint pain so bad he refused to take it. There must have been some thing he could have taken for the joint pain. Hugs, Sandy
Old 08-05-2004, 09:02 PM   #6
Jeff

Hi all,

My partner Rachel has been getting Lupron shots for about six months now with (relatively) light side effects. Insomnia seems to be the major downside, so far. She takes 800 i.u. of Vitamin E everyday as well and perhaps this has helped prevent hot flashes?

Best,
Jeff