HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-18-2013, 05:29 PM   #1
linn65

Why do I read posts saying hercept not working

But then I read the signature and they are still on herceptin with something else? I am confused?
7/20/12 biopsy done. ER+ 30 PR -, HER+++,k167 80% Grade 2
9/2012 biopsy on lymph node - showed malignant

9/2012 Pre-adjunctive TCH chemo.

12/6/12 MRI after Pre-adj.
Results: Modest Decrease in size of left breast malignancy As well as the associated satellite lesions and auxiliary Adenopathy compared to prior study. Doctors hoped for better but good response it didn't grow.

12/18/2012 left masectomy with axillary nodes
Size 3.2 CM, Nottingham score 9/9
Grade 3, no evidence of in situ carcinoma
Areas of angiolymphatic are identified
Carcinoma is 0.5 cm from inked deep
Margin of excision
Attached axillary lymph nodes: metastatic
Carcinoma in 6 of 8 nodes.
Size of largest node 1.5 cm
Extracapsular
ER + 73%, PR+2%, HER2+

2/27/13 6 weeks of IMRT radiation finished

2/2013 Started on Tamoxifan 5 years.

8/2013 will take last Herceptin, 17 treatments total every 3 weeks.

BRCA1 & BRAC2 - Negative

August 28, 2013 DIEP flap on the left breast.
February 2014 Nip & Tuck
March 14, 2014 nipple reconstruction and removed port.
August 14, 2014 lump in lymph nodes under arm and above clavicle. Stage IV
August 28, 2014 herceptin And projeta starting and port put back in.

3/18/15 stopped arimidex.
3/18/15 progression....Tdm1
linn65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:44 PM   #2
'lizbeth

Re: Why do I read posts saying hercept not working

Herceptin does not work for every patient. This is why research continues on the Her2 targeted treatments. Newer drugs include Tykerb, Perjeta and Kadcyla that also target Her2.

Your Herceptin should be working. Stop worrying!

Traditional Treatment: Mastectomy and Axillary Node Dissection followed by Taxotere, 6 treatments and 1 year of Herceptin, no radiation
Former Chemo Ninja "Takizi Zukuchiri"

Additional treatments:
GP2 vaccine, San Antonio Med Ctr
Prescriptive Exercise for Cancer Patients
ENERGY Study, UCSD La Jolla

Reconstruction: TRAM flap, partial loss, Revision

The content of my posts are meant for informational purposes only. The medical information is intended for general information only and should not be used in any way to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:12 AM   #3
Lani

It often seems that posts can be inaccurate (noone is being graded here and there are no pop-quizzes, just people trying to help one another!)...by saying herceptin is not working they may mean that monotherapy herceptin is no longer able to keep them NED, that they need to add something to it.

Cancer is like a puppy dog that wants to get out of the house to chase the squirrels. Herceptin is like locking the front door. They puppy may learn it is possible to get out to play with the squirrels by going out the backdoor instead (eg, using her3, EGFR, IGFR, ER, etc paths to escape the blockade of the her2 pathway). Giving chemo is often like accelerating the aging of the puppy. It gets taller and able to jump on the dresser and jump out the window!!

For Stage IVs, it is usually just a question of what they will add next to herceptin if monotherapy is inssufficient to keep it from progressing(like which window/door to close in addition in the case of the puppy)

Hope this helps!
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:42 AM   #4
Lani

Upon reading your other posts it seems you are an early breast cancer survivor, not a Stage IV.

You seem to be hounded by the thought that herceptin may not have taken care of your cancer, that it may return. That is possible, but the good news is, that , with herceptin, your chance of recurring is now LESS than if you had not been her2+ to begin with!

Count your blessings.

I personally believe that testing for residual cancer cells in the bone marrow might be the secret to telling who is going to recur (cancer stem cell "hypothesis") and that treating with different combos until those disseminated tumor cells in the marrow dissapear might prove the trick!

Until and IF that becomes the standard of care, the guidelines do not even include any additional scanning....just waiting to see if you get mets in your lungs or liver or brain or a bone hurts or breaks.

Until we determine whether finding these things early makes a difference-- when looked at in ALL TYPES OF BC lumped together they didn't-- in prognosis, the guidelines won't be changed. Something we should all try to motivate scientists to study is whether catching her2+ bc while there is only one or a few small bone, liver, brain etc mets and treating the met with surgery, radiation, embolization, SRS etc prolongs life/leads to some cures.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:50 AM   #5
Ellie F

Hi Lani
Am I understanding this right? If the bone marrow is clear do you believe that means all residual cancer cells have been destroyed? As bone marrow sampling takes only a small amount could the cells be hiding somewhere else or is that unlikely? Your point about eradicating small amounts of mets is interesting. My friend had stage 4 bowel cancer 8 years ago with mets in his liver. He had a large part of his liver removed and remains NED today.i think it's still unclear if this also works for bc?

Ellie
Ellie F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:17 AM   #6
linn65

Lani,

That was a PERFECT DUMMY DOWN analogy with the puppy!! Now, I understand what you mean. Thank you. This is all VERY interesting to me, and I really enjoy learning about the science of it all. Also, it helps me feel better to have a real understanding.

I remember when I first woke up from surgery in recovery. I asked the Doctor how many lymph nodes did you take out. He looked at me and said I don't know four or five now lay back and rest and don't worry. LOL. Then I got my path back and it said 8, and I thought how did he not even know how many lymph nodes!! I have always been one to ask lots of questions my entire life and sometimes people get frustrated by it. I am a curious person, enjoy learning, and with BC the more educated I am on it the better. I believe you are your own best patient advocate. I know other BC patients don't want to know and thats okay too to each there own.

Results: Modest Decrease in size of left breast malignancy As well as the associated satellite lesions and auxiliary Adenopathy compared to prior study. Doctors hoped for better but good response it didn't grow.

Margin of excision
Extracapsular
ER + 73%, PR+2%, HER2+

BRCA1 & BRAC2 - Negative

February 2014 Nip & Tuck

Old 07-19-2013, 07:19 AM   #7
linn65

I find it totally fascinating that my Doctor did pre-adjunct chemo with the cancer I had, and it surprises me so many on this board have a masectomy/reconstruction and then chemo. I don't see many getting chemo first, and I wonder why that too....

Margin of excision
Extracapsular
ER + 73%, PR+2%, HER2+

BRCA1 & BRAC2 - Negative

February 2014 Nip & Tuck

Old 07-19-2013, 07:27 AM   #8
linn65

Lani,

Another question is regarding this statement......Giving chemo is often like accelerating the aging of the puppy. It gets taller and able to jump on the dresser and jump out the window!!

We are wanting the puppy to grow and jump out the window right??? You lost me a bit with that part of the analogy, and I am not sure of the meaning.

Margin of excision
Extracapsular
ER + 73%, PR+2%, HER2+

BRCA1 & BRAC2 - Negative

February 2014 Nip & Tuck

Old 07-19-2013, 08:06 AM   #9
BonnieR

Linn, you have a lot of questions and that is a good thing but don't make yourself crazy either! Write them all down and ask your doctor
But I will try to respond to a few in laymans terms. I learned that when lymph nodes are removed, sometimes a few extra go along for the ride! They kinda clump together. I had a sentinel node done but it was not alone. So that's probably why doc wasn't sure. He doesnt count each little node. pathology report is more precise
It seems that often chemo precedes surgery these days. I hear about it very often. Remember you are reading posts from some of us who are several years out. Things have changed in even that short a time
Try not to do too much second guessing. Stay in the present. Keep the faith

Post menopause
May 2007 Core biopsy, Rt breast
ER+, Pr-, HER2 +++, Grade 3
Ki-67: 90%
"suspicious area" left breast
Bilateral mastectomy, (NED on left) May 2007
Sentinel Node Neg
Stage 1, DCIS with microinvasion, 3 mm, mostly removed during the biopsy....
Femara (discontinued 7/07) Resumed 10/07
OncoType score 36 (July 07)
Began THC 7/26/07 (d/c taxol and carboplatin 10/07)
Began Herceptin alone 10/07
Finished Herceptin July /08
D/C Femara 4/10 (joint pain/trigger thumb!)
5/10 mistakenly dx with lung cancer. Middle rt lobe removed!
Aromasin started 5/10
BonnieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:36 AM   #10
linn65

LOL, Bonnie I already am crazy and this cancer just made it worse!! I love, love, love that I can ask away on this forum and no one gets upset and its from Women all over the US. Social Media has its pros and cons but in this aspect it is definately a pro.

I did read about lymph nodes and looked at pictures after the fact. I was amazed what lymph nodes looked like which made the surgery even more fascinating and how they ever could come up with a way to count them. Man, we have came along way! My surgeon said in the beginning you got this at the "Right" time if you were to get it. Again, at the time it didn't fully digest but it does now.

At times when I write a question, concern, thought or anything it is hard to grasp my full meaning because writing doesn't show my inflection. I have asked questions out of worry but now that I am feeling better it comes from pure curiosty its like the more I learn the more I want to learn and understand. When I vent about my emotions this is a place for me to come and get feed back/validation that I am okay, and I am NOT CRAZY!! That term is over used! LOL

Bonnie, I keep looking for new people and the treatment path they had and so far it does seem very rare but that being said I think it is a common sense type of way to do it as well. My sister said I would have that out (meaning tumor's) right now, and I would not want that cancer in my body!!! Me on the other hand thought after a two hour consultation, 2nd opinion that his treatment plan made sense. He told me it was a partnership and I didn't know if I would like him and he didn't know if he would like me but this was doable. The only reason I didn't want to do the 2nd opinion was 83 miles from home and that was the ONLY reason. My cousin asked me if it was your son what would you do???? I said I would take him to Indy and she said why wouldn't you do the same for yourself. Light bulb went off, and I said you are right. I went with him and Monday morning canceled my surgery that was to be done Wednesday. I have never regretted that decision, and I still believe it was the best for ME.

Now, I want to learn and be the best patient advocate for me I can and if someone reads any of this along the way then it is paid forward as well.

I am working on staying in the present and working really hard at my future and what to do with it because I am clueless what to do with that, but I know it means more now in thinking about it then it used too!!!

Margin of excision
Extracapsular
ER + 73%, PR+2%, HER2+

BRCA1 & BRAC2 - Negative

February 2014 Nip & Tuck

Old 07-19-2013, 04:49 PM   #11
'lizbeth

Lani,

Linn65 did neoadjuvant chemo and was concerned about the 2nd pathology. I really do believe her Herceptin is working because the ER+ numbers increased from 30 to 73. Therefore seeking another pathway.

Dennis Slamon said Herceptin doesn't work for every patient based on the original clinical trials for the "Her2 antibody". They didn't know about the "pathways" yet.

Perhaps it is a bit vague, but I'm sorry - is there proof that Herceptin works for everyone because this would be new information that contradicts earlier research.

Bonnie, Linn65 has the most experienced oncologist in Indiana. Boy is he going to get an earful of questions on the next visit!

Traditional Treatment: Mastectomy and Axillary Node Dissection followed by Taxotere, 6 treatments and 1 year of Herceptin, no radiation

Additional treatments:

The content of my posts are meant for informational purposes only. The medical information is intended for general information only and should not be used in any way to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease
Old 07-19-2013, 08:33 PM   #12
Jackie07

Neoadjuvant therapy had been discussed on the board since at least 7 years ago. I remember one of the advantages is that the oncologists can monitor the reaction of the cancer cells to the drug combo. Below is the link to the abstract of a new article that mentioned the practice.

<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23861693>

Clin Dev Immunol. 2013;2013:785317. doi: 10.1155/2013/785317. Epub 2013 Jun 3.
New insights into the role of the immune microenvironment in breast carcinoma.
de la Cruz-Merino L, Barco-Sánchez A, Henao Carrasco F, Nogales Fernández E, Vallejo Ben*tez A, Brugal Molina J, Mart*nez Peinado A, Grueso López A, Ruiz Borrego M, Codes Manuel de Villena M, Sánchez-Margalet V, Nieto-Garc*a A, Alba Conejo E, Casares Lagar N, Ibáñez Mart*nez J.
Source
Clinical Oncology Department, Hospital Universitario Virgen Macarena, Avenida Dr. Fedriani s/n, 41009 Sevilla, Spain.
Abstract
Recently, immune edition has been recognized as a new hallmark of cancer. In this respect, some clinical trials in breast cancer have reported imppressive outcomes related to laboratory immune findings, especially in the neoadjuvant and metastatic setting. Infiltration by tumor infiltrating lymphocytes (TIL) and their subtypes, tumor-associated macrophages (TAM) and myeloid-derived suppressive cells (MDSC) seem bona fide prognostic and even predictive biomarkers, that will eventually be incorporated into diagnostic and therapeutic algorithms of breast cancer. In addition, the complex interaction of costimulatory and coinhibitory molecules on the immune synapse and the different signals that they may exert represent another exciting field to explore. In this review we try to summarize and elucidate these new concepts and knowledge from a translational perspective focusing on breast cancer, paying special attention to those aspects that might have more significance in clinical practice and could be useful to design successful therapeutic strategies in the future

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
Life-long Central Neurocytoma 4x5x6.5 cm 23 hrs 62090 semi-coma 10 d PT OT ST 30 d
3 Infertility tmts 99 > 3 u. fibroids > Pills
CN 3 GKRS 52301
IDC 1.2 cm Her2 +++ ER 5% R. Lmptmy SLNB+1 71703 6 FEC 33 R Tamoxifen
Recc IIB 2.5 cm Bi-L Mast 61407 2/9 nds PET
6 TCH Cellulitis - Lymphedema - compression sleeve & glove
H w x 4 MUGA 51 D, J 49 M
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
hysterectomy/oophorectomy 011410
Exemestane 25 mg tab 102912 ~ 101016 stopped due to r. hip/l.thigh pain after long walk
DEXA 1/13
1-2016 lesions in liver largest 9mm & 1.3 cm onco. says not cancer.
3-11 Appendectomy - visually O.K., a lot of puss. Final path result - not cancer.
Start Vitamin D3 and Calcium supplement (600mg x2)
10-10 Stopped Exemestane due to r. hip/l.thigh pain OKed by Onco 11-08-2016
7-23-2018 9 mm groundglass nodule within the right lower lobe with indolent behavior. Due to possible adenocarcinoma, Recommend annual surveilence.
7-10-2019 CT to check lung nodule.
1-10-2020 8mm stable nodule on R Lung, two 6mm new ones on L Lung, a possible lymph node involvement in inter fissule.
"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY." Irene from Tampa

Advocacy is a passion .. not a pastime - Joe
Jackie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:53 AM   #13
Lani

AM travelling tomorrow and packing tonight, but let me try to answer a few questions.
NO--we don't want the puppy to get out. Chemotherapy is like carpet bombing (targetted therapy with monoclonal antibodies is like using smart-bombs) but both, but particulary chemo act like weedkiller. Once one clonal group of cancer cells is killed by the treatment another group (like a weed) has no competition for nourishment and grows even more. That is like making the puppy grow taller faster.

Neoadjuvant therapy is usually only given if the tumor is big enough to follow its shrinkage with serial imaging--those who are Stage I do not qualify.

and 'lizbeth--no Herceptin does not work for everyone who is her2 amplified.

There are both de novo resistant tumors and tumors that acquire resistance with treatment ie, seek another pathway. I was referring to the latter mostly.

An example of the former are tumors with a truncated form of her2 that herceptin does not bind. These should be sensitive to Lapatinib , other examples might be a her2 that herceptin doesn't bind to easily and these may be sensitive to pertuzumab. There may also be some tumors so coated with Muc1 a gooey mucinous substance that the herceptin can't get to the her2 receptor. I am sure there are more examples of de novo resistance.

Back to packing for now.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:01 AM   #14
linn65

Lani,

If I am understanding you correctly than the reason for my ER+ 30 per my core biopsy vs ER+ 73 masectomy biopsy would mean the herceptin is doing its job in killing the HER2+++ (does That mean amplified). However, that pesky ER weed starting growing due to lack of competion, right? Now, the tamoxifen is the treatment for ER+ and that is why women later choose to remove their ovaries???

It seems basically doing neo adjunctive therapy gives a baseline of how your cancer will respond. Then, after surgery the more precise biopsy, can help a person learn what might work best?

What is serial imaging? And when you speak of pathways what does that mean? Does it mean cancer isn't growing this way due to treatment so it tries to find another pathway to grow?

Who needs packing just throw some clothes in that suit case this is much more interesting.��

Margin of excision
Extracapsular
ER + 73%, PR+2%, HER2+

BRCA1 & BRAC2 - Negative

February 2014 Nip & Tuck

Old 07-20-2013, 12:08 PM   #15
'lizbeth

Linn65, I'm going to let Lani answer these questions. I'm on vacation and am going outside to play.

Additional treatments:

Last edited by 'lizbeth; 07-20-2013 at 12:09 PM.. Reason: deletion
Old 07-20-2013, 12:34 PM   #16
linn65

Lizbeth....first, you have a lot of licenses, degrees, certificates, ��

Second, I see you had 3 positive lymph nods and didn't have radiation and that just jumped out at me like a cat on a hot tin roof! Wth. Lol. I don't believe that's standard....haha

Margin of excision
Extracapsular
ER + 73%, PR+2%, HER2+

BRCA1 & BRAC2 - Negative

February 2014 Nip & Tuck

Old 07-20-2013, 07:39 PM   #17
suzan w

Just to chime in...I did opt for a bilateral mastectomy due to the nature of invasive lobular carcinoma. The reason I had my ovaries removed was a BRCA 2 + test result. You didn't mention what type of bc you have, or the stage.
5/05 biopsy-invasive lobular carcinoma with LCIS,8mm tumor,stage 1 grade 2, ER+ PR+ Her2+++
6/14/05 bilateral mastectomy, node neg. all scans neg.
Oncotype DX-high risk
8/05-10/05 4 rounds A/C
10/05 -10/06 1 yr. herceptin
arimidex-5 years
2/14/08 started daily self administered injections..FORTEO for severe osteoporosis
7/28/09 BRCA 1 negative BRCA2 POSITIVE
8/17/09 prophylactic salpingo-oophorectomy
10/15/10 last FORTEOinjection
RECLAST infusion(ostoeporosis)
6/14/10 5 year cancerversary!
8/2010-18%increase in bone density!
no further treatments
Oncologist says, "Go do the Happy Dance"
I say,"What a long strange trip its been"
'One day at a time'
6-14-2015. 10 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!
7-16 to 9-16. Extensive (and expensive) dental work done to save teeth. Damage from osteoporosis and chemo and long term bisphosphonate use
6-14-16. 11 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!!
7-20-16 Prolia injection for severe osteoporosis
2 days later, massive hive outbreak. This led to an eventual dx of Chronic Ideopathic Urticaria, an auto-immune disease from HELL.
6-14-17 12 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!!
still suffering from CIU. 4 hospitilizations in the past year

as of today, 10-31-17 in remission from CIU and still, CANCER FREE!!!
6-14-18 13 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!! NED!!
suzan w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:26 PM   #18
linn65

Suzan, I just added that in signature I didn't realize I didn't say what type of cancer I had. IDC. And Dr. Schmidt said he doesn't believe in staging and he was the first BC doctor in the state of Indiana. I did read later when you have pre-adjunctive chemo you can't stage it anymore either. I can't remember where I read that, but I believe I did. But ONC said most likely stage 3 because I asked and all my visits he just wanted to know what I was doing for fun.

Margin of excision
Extracapsular
ER + 73%, PR+2%, HER2+

BRCA1 & BRAC2 - Negative

February 2014 Nip & Tuck

Old 07-20-2013, 09:18 PM   #19
'lizbeth

Linn65,

At the time of my diagnosis, radiation was recommended for 1 to 3 positive nodes, and required as part of standard of care for 4+ positive nodes.

I opted out of radiation because I had an immediate reconstruction with a TRAM flap and was having challenges with necrosis and a partial loss. And my acupuncturist said she could fix the damage from chemo and surgery, but not radiation.

The extent of cancer in my nodes wasn't as extensive as yours, small mets, not encapsulated.

I didn't want to list everything. I'm an over achiever, lol, or so they told me at my last school.

Additional treatments:

Last edited by 'lizbeth; 07-20-2013 at 09:27 PM.. Reason: addition
Old 07-20-2013, 11:54 PM   #20
SoCalGal

Gosh, ladies, I just learn something new every time I log on. For instance, I never knew that Lani was a dog lover! (Rocky will be thrilled).

Linn--looks like you are doing everything you can for now, western medicine-wise. Have you made any other changes in diet, exercise, lifestyle? Many women add in a variety of changes to optimize their immune system (vitamins, eating healthier, etc). I for one, think exercise is one of the MOST important things we can do to boost our health.

Just wanted to mention a more holistic approach to health and well-being!
‘03 latisimus dorsi flap to remove skin mets. CLEAN MARGINS. Continue single agent Herceptin thru 4/04. NED.
‘04 '05 & 06 tiny recurrences - scar line. surgery to cut out. NED each time.
1/2006 Rads again, to scar line. NED.

3/07 Heartbreaking news - mets! lungs.sternum. Try Tykerb/Xeloda. Tykerb/Carbo/Gemzar. Switch Oncs.
12/07 Herceptin.Tykerb. Markers go stable.
2/8/08 gamma knife 13mm stupid brain met.
3/08 Herceptin/tykerb/avastin/zometa.
3/09 brain NED. Lungs STABLE.
4/09 attack sternum (10 daysPHOTONS.5 days ELECTRONS)
9/09 MARKERS normal!
3/10 PET/CT=manubrium intensely metabolically active but stable. NEDhead.
Wash out 5/10 for tdm1 but 6/10 CT STABLE, PET improving. Markers normal. Brain NED. Resume just Herceptin plus ZOMETA
Dec 2010 Brain NED, lungs/sternum stable. markers normal.
MAR 2011 stop Herceptin/allergy! Go back on Tykerb and switch to Xgeva.
May-Aug 2011 Tykerb Herceptin Xgeva.
Sept 2011 Tykerb, Herceptin, Zometa, Avastin.
April 2012 sketchy drug trial in NYC. 6 weeks later I’m NED!
OCT 2012 PET/CT shows a bunch of freakin’ progression. Back to LA and Herceptin.avastin.zometa.
12/20/12 add in PERJETA!
March 2013 – 5 YEARS POST continue HAPZ
APRIL 2013 - 6 yrs stage 4. "FAILED" PETscan on 4/2/13
May 2013: rePetted - improvement in lungs, left adrenal stable, right 6th rib inactive, (must be PERJETA avastin) sternum and L1 fruckin'worsen. Drop zometa. ADD Xgeva. Doc says get rads consultant for L1 and possible biopsy of L1. I say, no thanks, doc. Lets see what xgeva brings to the table first. It's summer.
June-August 2013HAPX Herceptin Avastin Perjeta xgeva.
Sept - now - on chemo hold for calming tummy we hope. Markers stable for 2 months.
Nov 2013 - Herceptin-Perjeta-Avastin-Xgeva (collageneous colitis, which explains tummy probs, added Entocort)
December '13 BRAIN MRI ned in da head.
Jan 2014: CONTINUING on HAPX…
FEB 2014 PetCT clinical “impression”: 1. newbie nodule - SUV 1.5 right apical nodule, mildly hypermetabolic “suggestive” of worsening neoplastic lesion. 2. moderate worsening of the sternum – SUV 5.6 from 3.8
3. increasing sclerosis & decreasing activity of L1 met “suggests” mild healing. (SUV 9.4 v 12.1 in May ‘13)
4. scattered lung nodules, up to 5mm in size = stable, no increased activity
5. other small scattered sclerotic lesions, one in right iliac and one in thoracic vertebral body similar in appearance to L1 without PET activity and not clearly pathologic
APRIL 2014 - 6 YRS POST GAMMA ZAP, 7 YRS MBC & 18 YEARS FROM ORIGINAL DX!
October 2014: hold avastin, continue HPX
Feb 2015 Cancer you lost. NEDHEAD 7 years post gamma zap miracle, 8 years ST4, +19 yrs original diagnosis.
Continue HPX. Adding back Avastin
Nov 2015 pet/ct is mixed result. L1 SUV is worse. Continue Herceptin/avastin/xgeva. Might revisit Perjeta for L1. Meantime going for rads consult for L1
December 2015 - brain stable. Continue Herceptin, Perjeta, Avastin and xgeva.
Jan 2016: 5 days, 20 grays, Rads to L1 and continue on HAPX. I’m trying to "save" TDM1 for next line. Hope the rads work to quiet L1. Sciatic pain extraordinaire :((
Markers drop post rads.
2/24/16 HAP plus X - markers are down
SCIATIC PAIN DEAL BREAKER.
3/23/16 Laminectomy w/coflex implant L4/5. NO MORE SCIATIC PAIN!!! Healing.
APRIL 2016 - 9 YRS MBC
July 2016 - continue HAP plus Xgeva.
DEC 2016 - PETCT: mets to sternum, lungs, L1 still about the same in size and PET activity. Markers not bad. Not making changes if I don't need to. Herceptin/Perjeta/Avastin/Xgeva
APRIL 2017 10 YEARS MBC
December 2017 - Progression - gonna switch it up
FEB 2018 - Kadcyla 3 cycles ---->progression :(
MAY30th - bronchoscopy, w/foundation1 - her2 enriched
Aug 27, 2018 - start clinical trial ZW25
JAN 2019 - ZW25 seems to be keeping me stable
APRIL 2019 - ONE DOZEN YEARS LIVING METASTATIC
MAY 2019 - progression back on herceptin add xeloda
JUNE 2019 - "6 mos average survival" LMD & CNS new single brain met - one zap during 5 days true beam SBRT to cord met
10/30/19 - stable brain and cord. progression lungs and bones. washing out. applying for ds8201a w nivolumab. hope they take me.
12/27/19 - begin ds8401a w nivolumab. after 2nd cycle nodes melt away. after 3rd cycle chest scan shows Improvement, brain MRI shows improvement, resolved areas & nothing new. switch to plain ENHERTU. after 4th cycle, PETscan shows mostly resolved or improved results. Markers near normal. I'm stunned but grateful.
10/26/20 - June 2021 Tucatinib/xeloda/herceptin - stable ish.
SoCalGal is offline   Reply With Quote