HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2015, 11:40 AM   #1
karina14

IT Herceptin needed in Canada

I watch with so much interest the IT Herceptin threads with so many success stories and I am so happy for all of you that there is an answer to this ugly threat. This time I was hit directly. My last head MRI showed that the brain disease I was trying to control since Jan 2014, came back more aggressive and also went to the leptomeningeal area of the brain. I know I am in a deep trouble and have to move fast.

I am looking to get IT Herceptin, and if possible to get it in Canada. Yet, there is no trial for IT Herceptin I could find, I am still hoping that someone might give me some more information. I know about the other trial sponsored by Western University from Chicago, with all the other sites...

I have followed the previous threads (Paul, Mario - great, great job for passing on the information and fighting for your lovely wives!). Paul, I emailed you about 1 year ago to find out more about Nina's treatment and how it works, just then, my brain disease was not meningeal but deep brain mets, now I need to handle them both. I don't think TDM1 helped with my deep brain mets (as a new study suggests) but worked outside the brain.

Health Canada and my private insurance does not cover any treatment in US, so it will be challenging with IT Herceptin as it might be a long term treatment if it works.

I need all the help in the world! Please help with information if you have it....

Hugs to all of you! Cristina
2011/08 - 3xTaxotere & Herceptin, followed by 1 year of Herceptin, no rads
2013/09 - mets to liver, bones & lungs, started weekly Taxotere + Herceptin
2013/10 - stopped Taxotere after 4 weeks due to severe side effects, stay on weekly Herceptin, pleurodesis to right lung (previously 2 x thoracentesis)
2014/01 - Dec CT scan shows good liver response but progression to bones, Pamidronate plus Herceptin only
2014/01 - brain & spine MRI (symptomatic) shows very large number of mets in the brain, do urgent WBR (20Gy/5 fractions)

2014/02 - Herceptin, Perjeta, Abraxane, XGeva
2014/08 - stopped Abraxane, stayed on Herceptin, Perjeta, XGeva
2014/12 - brain mets progression, second round of WBR (25Gy/10 fractions), lungs stable, light activity in liver
2015/02 - progression in lungs (lymphangitic carcinomatosis), stop Herceptin / Perjeta, start TDM1
2015/07 - stable on the extra cranial disease (lungs, abdomen)
2015/07- brain MRI show tumors went to the leptomeningeal area and also new one started to grow deep brain, still on TDM1, not sure of next step ....
2015/08 - looking for help to get IT Herceptin in Canada

karina14 is offline   Reply With Quote