HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-08-2008, 08:32 AM   #1
~Bellydancer~

Unhappy At the end of my positivity rope...

I have not contributed here much at aall as I am not as informed as many of you. I find myself at the end of positivity now. I had the surgery in Oct/07 Diep flap went well. I started FEC Dec 1/07 went according to their expectations??? Nausea and vomitting and fatigue but I endured. I Had my first of three Tx's of Taxotere and Herceptin. Herceptin will continue for 1 yr. I apparently now will have to have 25 RAD Tx's as well. Here is the thing, I am so sick with this taxotere. I can not keep anything down, I ve tried plain things, small amounts, cold hot you name it nothing stays. I have diarrehea which has irritated my southern region to the point that I now am applying baby "butt" cream after every encounter in the WC. I have this red scaly rash on my inner thighs, neck and left side. I am tired but can not sleep. Basically I am at my end. I know that I have to go thru this 2 more times and I don't think that I can. I have no strength left, emotionally or physically for that matter. Rationally speaking this is a small price to pay for the rest of your life but when is it enough? How do they know that it is the 3 tx of this poison that does it? Where did this number come from? I called the nurse for some help and I heard in her voice that she doesn't know, as she flips thru pages to give me "answers". How do they know that the FEC didn't do the trick? If the Taxotere is the one then why do it lastly? I have faith and keep getting up each day but how much canyou endure?
I am sorry to rant.............You all have your own journey's.
Thanks for listening,
<Michelle>

Dx August 15th/07
Invasive Ductal Carcinoma
ER/PR- negative, HER2- positive
Stage 11 with tumor size 3.5cm, .7cm satelite node
Sx Oct 2nd/07
Skin sparing mastectomy of left breast
immediate reconstruction DIEP flap
Nodes 0/3 Sentinal Node Biopsy
Chemo started Nov, 3 rounds FEC and 3 rounds Taxotere and Herceptin every three weeks
Radiation 28 Tx ended on June 13/08
Herceptin was stopped due to falling MUGA score (went from 62 down to 42)
Cardiologist Appt June 24th
Ramipril 2x/d to protect heart and hopefully increase LVEF
Officially NED
~Bellydancer~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:43 AM   #2
Becky

Taxanes - of which Taxotere is part of the family, are key to irradicating Her2+ bc. Ask for Zofran for nausea or Emend shots. Also, ask if you can use Imodium (its over the counter) for the diarrhea. Tell your onc and onc nurse all your physical problems and DEMAND rx assistance with this. Without meds, I would not have been able to do it.

You shouldn't have to stop because of this. Also, Ambien CR (sleeping aid) can help alot with insominia.

Go for it and call now. They are being unfair to you if they don't consider your plea for help now and finishing treatment is key for the chemo to do its job.

Hugs,

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:58 AM   #3
CPA

I agree with Becky. Jill's nausea well handled with Zofran. Compazine did not work as well.

Also very important... do not wait for nausea before starting these meds, take them before you get the symptoms and they will work much better.
Stage II N0
Her2+ er/pr+
Revision Mast due to positive margins 12/05
TCH Chemo started 1/06
Finished TC 4/06
Tamoxifen
Finished H 12/29/06
Currently NED
CPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:59 AM   #4
PinkGirl

Hi Michelle
I just sent you a PM that is a bit long.

Becky has given you good advice. The
taxotere is important and at the beginning
it is combined with Herceptin which is a very
good combo for Her2+ BC.

You just need some help with this. There
are prescription meds to help with the nausea,
the rash and the sore butt. Call someone right
now and demand some help.

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
4 FAC, 4 Taxol, no radiation
1 year of Herceptin
Tamoxifen for approx. 4 months,
Arimidex for 5 years
Prophylactic mastectomy June 22/09

" I yam what I yam." - Popeye

My Photo Album
PinkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:07 AM   #5
CPA

I almost forgot... Some of these meds can be given I.V. as premeds to chemo. Talk to your oncologist if you are not receiving them.
Stage II N0
Her2+ er/pr+
Revision Mast due to positive margins 12/05
TCH Chemo started 1/06
Finished TC 4/06
Tamoxifen
Finished H 12/29/06
Currently NED
CPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:04 AM   #6
DonnaD

First, you have every right to come to us with concerns. We, more than anyone else, understand.

It was almost a year to the day I ended up in the hospital for 5 days from intestinal issues from Taxol. I went through every test imaginable and they all came back fine (so it was Taxol). I found the best gastro Dr. who really helped me. He put me on a prescription medication that finally got things under control. Also Emend really kept my nausea at bay. There is help for you and you should not have to endure this. Sleep aids scared me but Adivan helped me to relax and fall asleep. Lack of sleep does not help either

You can do this! Your course of treatment is necessary. Remember Hercepitin alone is a breeze for most folks. You are almost there! I am a different person today a year later and you will be too. If you want to chat more send me a private message.

Donna
Lumpectomy 8/30/06
Stage llA, grade 3, ER/PR-, Her2++
1.7 cm tumor, 1+ lymph node out of 9
Completed 4 A/C, & 4 Taxol with Herceptin
36 rads completed 5/16/07
Mammograms, 7/07 clear
fractured ribs in radiated area 10/07
Finished Herceptin 12/27/07
Mammogram,CT,tumor markers 1/08 - small lung nodules in radiated area, repeated tests 3/08 stable
Mammogram,CT ,tumor markers 6/08 stable
NED 2 years!!
3 years !!!
4years!!!!
4 years, 10 months and 8 day NED, calling it 5 years!!!
Official 5 years 8/30/2011
8/31/ 2012 - 6 years!!!!!!

Last edited by DonnaD; 02-08-2008 at 11:14 AM..
DonnaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:28 AM   #7
StephN

Sorry you have such a bad time

Hi -
It sounds like you may have an intestinal bug on top of the Taxotere side effects. There is a really bad one going around - I had it recently!
There are times when we are so dragged out by the treatment that it is a wonder we make it through.
The sleep problem is from the decadron you take for 3 days - it makes us hyper.

About the number of treatments - our standard was FOUR at every three weeks. Don't know about 3. I had 4, but the last dose had to be cut by 25% because of the severe flu-like symptoms I had, which did NOT include runny bowels.

Get some acidophilus with bifidus or eat yoghurt to replace the good flora that you need.

I also never had nausea, as the Kytril I got as a premed was all I ever needed to control it. The mouth sores made it difficult to eat my normal diet, and I ate a lot of things like broth with rice and fried egg in it, applesauce, potatoes mashed with cooked carrots, bananas. You need to keep your protein up somehow.

MY STORY SO FAR ~~~~
Found suspicious lump 9/2000
Lumpectomy, then node dissection and port placement
Stage IIB, 8 pos nodes of 18, Grade 3, ER & PR -
Adriamycin 12 weekly, taxotere 4 rounds
36 rads - very little burning
3 mos after rads liver full of tumors, Stage IV Jan 2002, one spot on sternum
Weekly Taxol, Navelbine, Herceptin for 27 rounds to NED!
2003 & 2004 no active disease - 3 weekly Herceptin + Zometa
Jan 2005 two mets to brain - Gamma Knife on Jan 18
All clear until treated cerebellum spot showing activity on Jan 2006 brain MRI & brain PET
Brain surgery on Feb 9, 2006 - no cancer, 100% radiation necrosis - tumor was still dying
Continue as NED while on Herceptin & quarterly Zometa
Fall-2006 - off Zometa - watching one small brain spot (scar?)
2007 - spot/scar in brain stable - finished anticoagulation therapy for clot along my port-a-catheter - 3 angioplasties to unblock vena cava
2008 - Brain and body still NED! Port removed and scans in Dec.
Dec 2008 - stop Herceptin - Vaccine Trial at U of W begun in Oct. of 2011
STILL NED everywhere in Feb 2014 - on wing & prayer
7/14 - Started twice yearly Zometa for my bones
Jan. 2015 checkup still shows NED
2015 Neuropathy in feet - otherwise all OK - still NED.
Same news for 2016 and all of 2017.
Nov of 2017 - had small skin cancer removed from my face. Will have Zometa end of Jan. 2018.
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:43 AM   #8
caya

Keep the faith Michelle!!

I had the FEC (x3) and then Taxotere (x3) I think this is a pretty standard regime here in Canada - As the others have stated, the Taxotere is really important for eradicating the Her2neu+. I also was much sicker with the Taxotere - had the butt rash too, but my onc. prescribed something for it. Sitz baths with epsom salts also helped.

And yes, staying on the anti-nausea meds consistently really does help. Try eating some popsicles. Also soda crackers, mild veggie soups and gingerale seemed to stay down.

Good luck, you will get through it.

all the best
caya
MRM Dec.18/06
3 x FEC, 3 x Taxotere
Herceptin - every 3 weeks for a year, finished May 8/08

Tamoxifen - 2 1/2 years
Femara - Jan. 1, 2010 - July 18, 2012
BRCA1/BRCA2 Negative
Dignosed 10/16/06, age 48 , premenopausal
Mild lymphedema diagnosed June 2009 - breast surgeon and lymph. therapist think it's completely reversible - hope so.
Reclast infusion January 2012
Oopherectomy October 2013
15 Years NED!!
caya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:45 AM   #9
Mary Jo

Hello Michelle,
I can't offer any other advice than what the group has already told you but do want to reiterate that there are medications that can help you through this process and you need to demand they be given to you. Is your medical team aware of how terrible you have been feeling? If they are are they need to be putting their heads together and coming up with ways to help you through this. Please Michelle, settle for nothing less than what you rightly deserve - and that is respect - care and everything your "team" can do to get you through this.

You're almost there. Hang in there sweetheart, you CAN DO IT. We are here to encourage and love you through it as well. Thank you for coming to us now.

Sending hugs and love your way,

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED

<>< Romans 8:28
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 03:57 PM   #10
chrisy

not ok to suffer so much

Hi Michelle,
Sounds like you are going through absolute torture. How could you possibly stay positive under that circumstance??? I agree with the rest of the gang, your oncology team should be doing everything they can to mitigate your symptoms. You will be better able to marshall the resources for recovery if you have some strength!

I did not have FEC, or Taxotere for that matter. But I did have Taxol, and was treated alongside many ladies getting taxotere. Everyone got multiple anti-nausea meds as a premed infusion, and had various prescriptions of additional ones to use if needed at home. Our oncology team expected people to be able to manage whatever nausea or other symptoms and were very proactive in making sure patients got this addressed. My impression was that nobody on these chemos was dealing with unmanageable problems.

Ask specifically for help in this - I forget my premeds but I think it was Zofran and Aloxi, then I had more Zofran and ativan for at home if I needed. The ativan also helped with sleep. There is also a med called Emend which is fairly new.

Best of luck to you with getting these side effects under control.

Becky already said, the taxanes have been shown to be extremely effective against Her2 pos breast cancer, and is synergistic with Herceptin.
10/04-3/05 Weekly Taxol/Carboplatin/Herceptin , complete response!
04/05 - 4/07 Herception every 3 wks, Continue NED
04/07 - recurrence to liver - 2 spots, starting tykerb/avastin trial
06/07 8/07 10/07 Scans show stable, continue on Tykerb/Avastin
01/08 Progression in liver
02/08 Begin (TDM1) trial
08/08 NED! It's Working! Continue on TDM1
02/09 Continue NED
02/10 Continue NED. 5/10 9/10 Scans NED 10/10 Scans NED
12/10 Scans not clear....4/11 Scans suggest progression 6/11 progression confirmed in liver
07/11 - 11/11 Herceptin/Xeloda -not working:(
12/11 Begin MM302 Phase I trial - bust:(
03/12 3rd times the charm? AKT trial

5/12 Scan shows reduction! 7/12 More reduction!!!!
8/12 Whoops...progression...trying for Perjeta/Herceptin (plus some more nasty chemo!)
9/12 Start Perjeta/Herceptin, chemo on hold due to infection/wound in leg, added on cycle 2 &3
11/12 Poops! progression in liver, Stop Perjeta/Taxo/Herc
11/12 Navelbine/Herce[ptin - try for a 3 cycles, no go.
2/13 Gemzar/Carbo/Herceptin - no go.
3/13 TACE procedure
chrisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:23 PM   #11
~Bellydancer~

Smile

My deepest heartfelt thanks to all of you. I just realized that this is the first time I have not been positive through out this journey. Thanks Mimiflower for the reminder. I can have bad days. It's allowed.
I did call the ONC at 11:30 a.m. EST and received the return call at 3:45 ish. Of curse I missed it as I was in the loo!
the Nurse states my Onc is on holidays and that I am to see her on Friday for the Nurse assessment and I can speak with his partner then. She also said that if I needed anything to call her on Monday. I think that she feels like I am overreacting. Perhaps I am but I also know that I am not a whimp amd the fact that I actually made the call is signifigant. 3 vaginal deliveries au natural....no drugs....1st was 10lbs,6 oz, second was induced early at 9lbs, 11 oz. The third she was "normal"weight. I know what I can handle and I think I know when I've had enough!!!!
Any how, we shall see what tomorrow brings.
Love to all

Dx August 15th/07
Sx Oct 2nd/07
Chemo started Nov, 3 rounds FEC and 3 rounds Taxotere and Herceptin every three weeks
Officially NED
Old 02-08-2008, 08:13 PM   #12
Carol Carlson

Michelle,
Becky did give you good advice. Zofram is a must for nausea and as someone pointed out. I used to take it every eight hours starting after treatment and cont. with every eight for, as I recall , at least 2 days after treatment. Ambein is great for insomnia also. And last but not least I had excoriated areas in my inner thighs and entire perinuim when on adriamycin and cytoxin. I used to take sitz baths -- just plunk your bottom in warm water for 20 min. about 3 times a day. Dry well and use desitin. It's messy but it works. It actually didn't completely go away until after 4 treatments of Taxol.
It was all such a pain but I figurured I just had to do it.
At times I felt like tossing that old sitz bath pan out the window, but I would just fill it up or sit on the tub.
Then I'd get out of the tub and stare at my bald head and scream....
But you know I healed, my hair grow back, the nausea went away, my enery came back and I'm a 4 year survivor.
Hang in there, girl, because you can do this. And it's ok to feel like crap sometimes... it's allowed. But the end result wil be a Michelle who will be back to her old self.. And if anyone makes you feel like a wimp ....they can go fly a kite... I'm being kind.
You take care
Carol
Carol Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:14 PM   #13
tousled1

Michelle,

I smypathize with you. I had a terrible time with the Taxatore. I had 4 rounds of it and remember crying after the second round that I just couldn't take anymore. My daughter was there to encourage me and to remind me that I was half way done and only had two more to go. I managed to get through it and I'm sure you will too. I found that EMEND worked the best for nauseau for me for the first few days after that I used phenegran (spelling??) As for sleep, ask your doctor for Ambien, Ambien CR, Lunesta, or Rozeram. Any one of those should help you get the sleep you need. Hang in there it does get better.
Neoadjunct chemo: 4 A/C; 4 Taxatore
Bilateral mastectomy June 8, 2006
14 of 26 nodes positive
Herceptin June 22, 2006 - April 20, 2007
Radiation (X35) July 24-September 11, 2006
BRCA1/BRCA2 negative
Stage IV lung mets July 13, 2007 - TCH
Single brain met - August 6, 2007 -CyberKnife
Oct 2007 - clear brain MRI and lung mets shrinking.
March 2008 lung met progression, brain still clear - begin Tykerb/Xeloda/Ixempra
tousled1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:01 PM   #14
Joanne S

Michelle,

Please know you are not alone in your thinking. Great advice from my sistas. Although I had AC & T, I too had Emend (3 caplet prescription) and Imodium caplets (over the counter drug) which worked wonders.

My best wishes to you for lessening the side-effects of this chemo!
JO
Joanne S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:53 AM   #15
~Bellydancer~

The thing is this is one week post infusion and I am getting worse. I ate small amount 1/2 c of plain noodles at7:30 ish, 10:00 p.m rools around and my stomach starts to churn and I know I'm going to hurl. So in I go and then what comes up but the noodles and saliva, stomach acid and blood. I now feel as if I have strep throat. I may or maynot but that is the feeling, my upper esophagus is raw. I drank some baking soda and water to try to stop the burning. I live in a small community and there is not a 24 hr drug store. i am popping rolaides to try to combat the acid. I will get some thing like malox or whatever the Pharmacist suggests. This is insane!!!! I would ask for something but he's on holidays and his Nurse said to call her back on Monday if I needed anything. She is not hearing me. I am not being depressed or a DQ here. Now I am pissed off, excuse me, very angry.

Dx August 15th/07
Sx Oct 2nd/07
Officially NED

Last edited by ~Bellydancer~; 02-09-2008 at 12:56 AM.. Reason: more to say
Old 02-09-2008, 01:05 AM   #16
Joanne S

If you don't get any relief within the next hour, I suggest you call your oncologist and let them know exactly what is going on---(they should have an answering service)---or---go to the emergency room.

Be sure to Drink plenty of clear fluids! Gargle with some warm salt water!

Hope you feel better!

Jo

I had lots of problems with my throat when I was on chemo and I found keeping liquids in my mouth while being infused, and eating before and during chemo helped to prevent the severe symptoms.
Joanne S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 06:27 PM   #17
TSund

WHat preventatives are they giving you?

Ruth had something in the drip, and EMEND as a tablet. The EMEND is a wonder drug in our book, she was never nausous. We had back-up anti-nausea drugs, never needed.

Did your doc put you on Prilosec? Our onc. put her on it day ONE and stayed on it through chemo. An acid fighter of some sort is imperative. This is likely what is causing the throat problems, and some of the stomach problems as well. That is available over-the-counter or you can buy a generic form that worked well (can send our leftovers to someone who needs it if you PM me) Ruth also took L-Glutamine and probiotics which can help heal and protect stomach lining.

Immodium for bad bowels, when it was bad times 2 or 3, then balanced out with a natual anti-constipation tea on other days.

Do NOT continue to suffer, please!

Caring,

Terri
Breast MRI showed 2 enlarged nodes, not palpable
100%ER+, 95%PR+, HER2+++
6x pre-surgery TCH chemo finished 9/15/7 Dramatic tumor shrinkage
1 year Herceptin till 6/08
MRM 10/11/07, SNB: 0/4 nodes + Path: tumors reduced to only a few "scattered cells"
now 50% ER+, PR- ???
Rads finished 1/16/08
Added Tamoxifen,
Finished Herceptin 05/08
NOW is the time to appreciate life to the fullest.
TSund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 07:33 AM   #18
janet11

Gad. Call your onc nurse (or insist on a call from your onc). You should be getting additional drugs to prevent the nausea.

I found I had acid problems as soon as I started TCH. I used an over the counter Prevacid daily throughout chemo which stopped that.

FYI: I used "baby butt cream" too. I couldn't believe how raw I would get -- it was like my "output" was acidic. But the cream worked.

Also, Biotene mouthwash (from my local grocery store) was a lifesaver. No alcohol, and when my mouth tasted yucky, I would rinse every 15 minutes.

With TCH, foods tended to not taste good. Do some experimenting to find something that feels good. I found cold celery was good. Not much taste, but the crunchy felt good. And cold food tended to feel better in my mouth than hot food.

FYI: I always felt MUCH better the last week of each 3-week chemo cycle. I hope you do too. But definitely call your onc and get some relief now!!!!!!!

Dx July 2006 IDC 1.8cm, ER-/PR- HER2+ (FISH 7), KI67 High (60%) grade 3, TOPO II neg
Aug2006: lumpectomy, SNB (4 nodes neg), Stage 1
Jan 2007:
Finished 6 cycles of TCH (Taxotere, Carboplatin, Her ceptin). Then Herceptin every 3 weeks.
Feb 2007: Completed Radiation
May 2007: Stopped Herceptin due to low LVEF (49%)
July 2007: LVEF now 44% -- starting Coreg
May 2008: Heart NORMAL! Yippee.
janet11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:58 AM   #19
nitewind

I was on taxotere also. I could only tolerate three treatments. I was put on Protonix for the terrible acid. Until the protonix kicked in, I had to sit in my recliner and couldn't lay down, the pain was so bad, I swore I was having a heart attack. My onc said "enough" after the third treatment. I'm hoping that it was enough. I finished my year of herceptin this past December. I just went thru a series of scans and MRI's and so far everything looks good.
My good thoughts and prayers are with you, hang in there.
Hugs
2 cm/ 0 nodes
Lumpectomy rt breast on 7/26/06
ER/PR- / Her2+++
A/C x 4
finished taxotere 2/07
finished 33 rads
Herceptin finished 12/07/07 Yippee!
nitewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 04:35 PM   #20
StephN

Thumbs up Keep trying!

Hi -
If you understand WHY your esophogas, stomach lining is so sensitive now, it may help you to know what to do.

The chemo kills fast dividing cells. Such cells are not only cancer cells. They are found in the mouth, throat, stomach. (I recall that your mouth relines itself once a day.) The chemo does not distinguish WHICH fast-dividing cells it goes after, hence the stomach acid and mouth problems. You should be taking a GOOD stomach acid blocker from BEFORE treatment actually starts.

Stay away from acidic drinks and soda pops, coffee and spicy foods. Try chamomile tea and maybe comfrey. I don't think Rolaids will be effective in this case.

No fried or greasy foods. Soups and soda crackers, yes. Most of us had to make some major dietary changes to handle this side effect.

MY STORY SO FAR ~~~~
Found suspicious lump 9/2000
Lumpectomy, then node dissection and port placement
Stage IIB, 8 pos nodes of 18, Grade 3, ER & PR -
Adriamycin 12 weekly, taxotere 4 rounds
36 rads - very little burning
3 mos after rads liver full of tumors, Stage IV Jan 2002, one spot on sternum
Weekly Taxol, Navelbine, Herceptin for 27 rounds to NED!
2003 & 2004 no active disease - 3 weekly Herceptin + Zometa
Jan 2005 two mets to brain - Gamma Knife on Jan 18
All clear until treated cerebellum spot showing activity on Jan 2006 brain MRI & brain PET
Brain surgery on Feb 9, 2006 - no cancer, 100% radiation necrosis - tumor was still dying
Continue as NED while on Herceptin & quarterly Zometa
Fall-2006 - off Zometa - watching one small brain spot (scar?)
2007 - spot/scar in brain stable - finished anticoagulation therapy for clot along my port-a-catheter - 3 angioplasties to unblock vena cava
2008 - Brain and body still NED! Port removed and scans in Dec.
Dec 2008 - stop Herceptin - Vaccine Trial at U of W begun in Oct. of 2011
STILL NED everywhere in Feb 2014 - on wing & prayer
7/14 - Started twice yearly Zometa for my bones
Jan. 2015 checkup still shows NED
2015 Neuropathy in feet - otherwise all OK - still NED.
Same news for 2016 and all of 2017.
Nov of 2017 - had small skin cancer removed from my face. Will have Zometa end of Jan. 2018.
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote