HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > General Cancer News
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

General Cancer News Latest Breast Cancer News from Moreover Technologies

Old 03-09-2015, 02:52 AM   #1
News

New review finds no link between menopausal hormone therapy and mortality risk

Menopausal hormone therapy (HT) does not have a significant effect on death, according to a new review of the medical literature published over the past three decades.

More...
News is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 11:52 AM   #2
donocco

Re: New review finds no link between menopausal hormone therapy and mortality risk

I dont know how to put on new posts yet (I once waqs told how but forgot) so Ill link with this post.

I remember someone posting about using Brisdelle for hot flashes. Brisdelle is low dose Paroxetine. Way back when there was a canadian study linking increased breast cancer rates to the use of antidepressants. The increase in breast cancer seen with Paroxetine was something like 700%. Certainly this might be a fluke
statistic but its strange. The FDA which seems to be so anti vitamin loves to throw the fact that in one study done in Finland, people who took beta carotene which should have an anti-cancer effect, had a 25% increase in lung cancer. This study has been constantly thrown in our faces. Yet they approved Brisdelle (Paroxetine) and conveniently "forgot" the study that showed a 700% increase in breast cancer in the Paroxetine users.

If anyone is interested they can research this study and put it on the board. I dont like to be alarmist and I dont know the true meaning of the findings, but if Effexor works for the hot flashes it might be a better choice. Just to be on the safer side. The Brisdelle user might want to speak with her oncologist. Of course if Brisdelle is the only thing that works it might be the best choice. I kind of hesitated to put this on the board because Paroxetine (Paxil) was once commonly used and Im reasonably sure some people have used it in the past. Whether the Paxil was the cause of developing breast cancer is debatable. Certainly breast cancer existed as a major health problem long before Paxil was approved around 1988. I wouldnt let my wife use Paxil so it might not be responsible or moral to just stay silent. Pardon the length of this post....too much coffee.

Paul
donocco is offline   Reply With Quote