HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-04-2009, 09:17 PM   #1
freyja

Thumbs up Still here!

I've been so busy since my son started summer vacation and whatnot that I've not been visiting the site for a while. In case there's curiosity about my absence I wanted to let you know...I'm fine and I still love you and send good wishes and healing energy out to you all every day. I have read a few posts once in a while, but just haven't taken the time to post any.

From the look of the most recent posts I've missed a LOT! Apparently there have been some pretty controversial comments and emotional responses. I haven't quite located them all, yet. I have a lot of reading to do. Just so you all know, I wasn't missing because of any hard feelings, and you can all say whatever the heck your heart desires and I'll take it or leave it and make no judgments of ya for it. If you got something to get off your chest then let it fly (even you, Bill) ! I don't take anything personal...even if it's about me. What's true for you is true for you, and if it's not true for me then so be it. Likewise, most of the things I say are not meant to be taken too seriously. I have a strange little mind and see things very differently than a lot of people, and I don't expect everyone to agree or understand.

I guess I'd have to say part of the reason for my absence is the fact that, I'm reaching a point where I'm mostly healed up from chemo/surgery/radiation, and I feel so good to be up and moving and the sun is shining and there's so much work to catch up on after this my most challenging year of my entire life...I just don't want to spend much time at the computer.

Know this though, I am always holding all my HER2 sisters and bros in my heart and fighting the fight and living the life for you all as much as for myself. All for one and one for all has been my motto through this struggle. I want to beat this cancer in honor of all those angels who have fought it before me, and all those suffering from it, now. I think we owe it to them to live our best lives and celebrate and appreciate what we've got while we've got it. Sometimes I just don't know what else I can do. I am here for any of you if there is something I can do to help...hopefully my words are usually more of a help than a hindrance!

Anyway, good to be back. You're the best.
Love, Celeste

"Dancers Against Cancer" in the Eugene, OR Komen Race for the Cure 2010
Diagnosed 8/7/08 with stage 3 invasive ductal carcinoma, micropapillary pattern, Her2 3+, ER+,PR-, grade II, positive lymph nodes.
Received 6doses of Taxotere, Carboplatin with Herceptin continuing for a year...DONE.
1/28/09 Left Modified Radical Mastectomy, Right Simple Mastectomy.
Surgery pathology: No invasive carcinoma present and 17 lymph nodes removed all negative! Only small amount of carcinoma in situ in left breast.
March/April '09, Radiation to left chest wall.
Currently involved in Neratinib clinical trial.

"Well being I won
and wisdom too,
I grew and joyed in my growth;
from a word to a word
I was led to a word
from a deed to another deed." (Odin)

freyja is offline   Reply With Quote