HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-08-2011, 01:05 PM   #1
TriciaV

Re: Anyone have the tummy tuck/reconstruction combo? (DIEP)

HI,
I had the the double Tram Flap Reconstruction method and I LOVE my new breasts, I also have NO feeling from the breasts down and I had nipple reconstruction done as well, I live near Los Angeles (plastic surgery capital lol) But if I could do it over again I would do the DIEP method instead as with the Tram Flap... I lost my Core strength and I do miss that. My husband and I prior to cancer played together on a street hockey Team, I played softball and rollerbladed and all those things are very hard for me to do and very painful as my back does ALL the work now. I didn't realize at the time what a big effect losing my core muscle group would have on my young strong life (that was my thinking at the age of 31) I still can't get out of the bath from a laying relaxing position without something to pull up on to pull my upper body up with. My Doctor tried to tell me back then that if I was very active that the DIEP would be the better route to go...but somehow I attributed that surgery to being a worse surgery than the Double Tram and well..... I was young and anxious to get my breasts back and move on with life. I do love the way they look though and feel!!!
Mammo and Ultrasound found 3 seperate masses largest being 7cm. Dr was sure they were an old breast infection, gave me antibiotics and sent me on my way. after three months of 4 rounds of antibiotics and fighting with the Dr. Finally had a 2nd Dr listen to me and had surgery
1/4/07 Surgical biopsy done :-(
DX stage 3c IDC er+ pr+ Her2+++ 31 years old
2 rounds ACH 6 rounds CTH ,a little healing time and then Mastectomy w/lymph node dissection, 9/27 positive nodes, a little more healing time
5/07 started another 6 rounds of cleanup chemo of CTH- Carboplatin, Taxotere and Herceptin
started Tomoxafin 9/07, Also declared NED 9/07
2009-Lymphedema- sleeve and glove
6-26-11 X-rays show suspicious spot on right 6th rib
8-25-11 another round of X-rays ordered, which also showed same spot on right 6th rib
9-1-11 Onc had bone scan done
TriciaV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diep, reconstruction, tummy tuck