HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2005, 08:39 PM   #1
Joannie

Herceptin or not, that is the question!

Hi all:
Well, I'm visiting my onc. tomorrow for a check-up. I'm 2 1/2 yrs. NED. Finished chemo 8/03. I was Her2 3+, one node, double mastectomy. Like many of you, trying to figure out what to do in this situation where we just missed the "boat" with Herceptin. I had 4 rounds of AC and four rounds of Taxol. Dose Dense treatment. I have received opinions from three oncologists and also wrote two well known onc. (Dr. Slege and Dr. Tripathy). All but 1 didn't recommend that I take Herceptin this far out from chemo being completed. I need to (again) have this conversation with my onc. tomorrow and I guess my gut tells me to do it, but I'm afraid to go against so many opinions of not doing it! I know no one really has the answer of whether it will help or not. I wish it were more black and white. I read postings on this board daily and have received so much wonderful information. I know many of you face this very situation. What has helped you to make the decision to take Herceptin or not take it? Any input would be helpful. I guess I'm just trying to be sure about what to do, if that is even possible.
I appreciate the time and concern each one of you provide with all the your life experiences. It not only makes me feel like I'm not losing my mind, but that I have so much support from women who know deep down in their gut what I'm going through.
Thank you for your time.
Joannie
Joannie is offline   Reply With Quote