HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-28-2006, 09:48 AM   #1
lexigirl

Prayers Please

Hi Everybody,

I am feeling sad and a little discouraged today. My onc called and said that my muga was down a bit and wanted to retest at the end of March. She still wanted me to have my herceptin txs. I am waiting to hear the results from my brain mri, my nose is so stuffed up that I am having a hard time breathing, and I'm getting taxes prepared for appt. tomorrow.

I'm sorry for being such a downer. I am just feeling really overwhelmed and needed to vent.

Thanks for listening,

Lexi
lexigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 10:08 AM   #2
TriciaK

Lexi, This is the place where you can vent and still be loved, so go ahead, girl! I'll bet you feel better already! Actually, you'd probably be able to handle it all except for the final straw, taxes--but then paying taxes is one of the costs of living in a free land so I guess even taxes can be considered a blessing. As far as the MUGA goes, they do fluctuate, and even if they drop really low like mine has, it can be reversed eventually, and every bit of herceptin you can get in the meantime does its job. My MUGA dropped to 30 but is back to 35 again with exercise, blood pressure meds and extra coQ10. I know it does help that we pray for each other and are there to listen and send positive thoughts, so hopefully you will hear from others and feel much better soon. Hugs, Tricia
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 12:08 PM   #3
Unregistered

If you have not read this / do not balance omega threes and sixes check it out.

http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin...ad.php?t=22884

Fish oil is good for vascular and coronary health, mental function etc........- 5tps of a quality oil 2.5 - 3 grams a day is a good starting point (and balance the threes and sixes)

If nothing else getting to grips with the article should take your mind off things - and if you in consultation with your advisers feel like checking it out it may help.

I hope the sun comes out and the gloom disipates, - we have all been there in one way or another.

RB
Old 02-28-2006, 01:13 PM   #4
Tracy

Lexi, I was just thinking of you and wondering how your scans went. I did T/H #2 today. I will keep you in my prayers....keep your chin and never give up the fight!
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 02:24 PM   #5
jjfromcanada

Oh dear. Sometimes a good whine is good for any of us. Just like a good wine.

I am sending you good thoughts and hope all goes well with your scans.
jjfromcanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 02:49 PM   #6
jjfromcanada

I just reread my note and think it sounds so dismissive.

I didn't intend that. I truly understand how you feel. Before I got the results of my last MUGA I was frantic. It was ok, but I would have been so down if it had been too low.

And my last brain MRI showed "a suspicious area" and I am waiting to have another done later in March.

Through all this I just keep thinking this is what I've got. I am doing all I can for myself. And I am trying to maintain a positive attitude. And go about my life as if I were in the best of health. And some times I can forget and really enjoy myself and not be haunted. But at other times I can't.

I think one of the worst things about cancer is that you never truly believe you are healthy again. You lose faith in your health, in how you feel. I feel fine, but I felt fine there four years ago at this time and I had breast cancer.

So I am sorry if I sounded like I didn't take your concerns seriously. I didn't mean that at all.

And I am thinking positive things for you.
jjfromcanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 04:51 PM   #7
cac

Lexigirl,
IT is a comfort somehow to know that we all have the opportunity to express exactly how we are feeling to those who have " been there". We can all relate to those " downer days" and an apology is not necessary.
You've just been added to my prayer list tonight-- from all the way across the country.
Take care
Carol