HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-02-2009, 04:20 AM   #21
Brenda_D

Now I feel bad for posting something good about my test results. Sorry if it offended anyone.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:25 AM   #22
Pam P

I have been so moved by reading all you've posted here, the wisdom, acceptance, appreciation, experiences, insights, and I agree with you all. I have nothing to add - it has been all eloquently said. I just want to say how much I appreciate the connections to both support and medical facts that I gain here. I am grateful for Joe & Christine, without you none of us would have the benefit of this huge resource. And, like Maryann said, I hope never to offend anyone with my story, questions, or comments - certainly that is never my intention.
2/02 tamoxifen
9/02 stage IV bone mets femara
1/03 taxotere/herceptin/aredia
6/03 herceptin, aredia & faslodex
1/04 navelbine, herceptin, aredia
2/05 herceptin/aredia
7/05 xeloda/herceptin/aredia
3/07 xeloda/tykerb/aredia
5/08 taxol/avastin/aredia
2/09 gemzar/herceptin/zometa
7/09 Taxol/Carbo/Herceptin, zometa
10/09 navelbine/herceptin & zometa
2/10 herceptin & tykerb & zometa
4/10 add xeloda &aromasin
10/10 dx with dermatomyiositis triggered by cancer
11/10 restart herceptin, tykerb, zometa
12/10 surgery-place rod in R femur to stabilize bone
1/11 radiation to R femur - 20 tx
2/11 2nd surgery - rod in Left femur
2/11 tx eribulen -- suspended dx brain mets
3/11 brain mets wbr 20 tx
4/11 halaven; discontine 8/11 not working
8/11 radiation to left femur 20 tx'
8-9/11 rad to lower spine
9/11 abraxane/herceptin/zometa
9/12 xeloda/herceptin/zometa
12/12 ablation of liver
Pam P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:00 AM   #23
Hopeful

There is a feature on this Board that many may not be familiar with: the "ignore" list. While in one of the BB Forums, look at the menu bar across the very top of the page - there is a "User CP" link that is second from the left. Click on it, and you will get a menu down the left hand side of the page. The third major sub-heading on that menu is "Settings & Options." Under that sub-heading you will see, "Edit Ignore list." Click on that link, and you will get a screen that enables you to add the name of a member to your "ignore" list. If you enter a name, you will no longer view posts from that person when you log on. You can reverse it at any time.

I just wanted to point this out as a tool for members who may want to do their own censoring, as opposed to requesting the moderator do it on behalf of all.

Peace,

Hopeful
Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:47 AM   #24
Jean

First of all,
This all began from a point of view that could have been avoided....

It hurts me to read that Brenda D now feels she should aplogize for her good news, that makes me feel very sad to read.

I also thank Hopeful for giving the instructions on how to avoid certain member who may post threads that you may not wish to view. Self censorship is what I beleive we have done in the past.

Like any group we will have difference of opinions and thoughts, hey that is what we are here for. If we all thought the same how could we benefit ourselves and others who join in.

In any great company or organization there are focus groups...in that body of people we never select the same personalities.

Joe I think the majority has shown that self censorship is the way to go....please...as long as the person posting is following the golden rule.

No name calling, we are grown women who are all fighting the same monster. I think of us as a huge patch quilt with each person bringing a beautiful patch of color that holds experiences, emotions, thoughts, humor,tears, joy....with this site we are one huge blanket that covers all of us and I feel protected and safe while here.

I am troubled by the recent events that brought this on,
now we have members who are now afraid to post their joy....that is a shame. All one has to do is click like Hopeful advised.

Jean
ER+ 90% / PR-, Her2+++ by FISH
Ki-67 40%
Arimidex 5/05
Radiation 32 trt, 5/30/05
Oncotype DX test 4/17/06, 31% high risk
TOPO 11 neg. 4/06
Stopped Arimidex 5/06
TCH 5/06, 6 treatments
Herceptin 5/06 - for 1 yr.
9/06 Completed chemo
Started Femara Sept. 2006

Last edited by Jean; 07-02-2009 at 07:49 AM..
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:12 AM   #25
hutchibk

Hear! Hear! Jean ~

NOV 2012 - 9 yr anniversary
JULY 2012 - 7 yr anniversary stage IV (of 50...)

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Rt side mastectomy, Her2+, ER/PR+, 10 nodes out, one node positive
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~
micro mets chest nodes, & bone spot @ C3 neck, Added Taxol to Herceptin
Feb'07~ Genetic testing, BRCA 1&2 neg

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
Started Tykerb/Xeloda, no WBR for now
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
MRI - brain mets shrunk half, NO NEW BRAIN METS!!, TMs stable @ 9.2
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
new 3-4mm left cerrebellar spot zapped with IMRT targeted rads
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Feb'11~ Enrolled in T-DM1 EAP in Denver, first treatment March 25, 2011.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

"I would rather be anecdotally alive than statistically dead."
hutchibk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:00 AM   #26
suzan w

Yikes, go away for a few days and miss what's going on! I will admit when I first read Joe's post, I felt sort of like Brenda, guilty for posting good news. But after reading all the replies...some of them several times, I feel OK now! It is so true that we are all like family here. I have come to this board since I first heard the words, "you are Her2 positive, and that is a bad prognosis" (from a not-so-tactful-surgeon!). So I googled Her2 and eventually found this board and joined...that was June 2005. I feel like I know so many of us here although I have only met a few personally. I am closer to you here than to my own sister, and my partner, as far as sharing cancer fears, joys etc. I cry from the pain when one of us is not doing well, and I cry with happiness when we share our success stories. I do not know what I would do without this board! And judging by the response to Joe's post, we all feel personally connected!
5/05 biopsy-invasive lobular carcinoma with LCIS,8mm tumor,stage 1 grade 2, ER+ PR+ Her2+++
6/14/05 bilateral mastectomy, node neg. all scans neg.
Oncotype DX-high risk
8/05-10/05 4 rounds A/C
10/05 -10/06 1 yr. herceptin
arimidex-5 years
2/14/08 started daily self administered injections..FORTEO for severe osteoporosis
7/28/09 BRCA 1 negative BRCA2 POSITIVE
8/17/09 prophylactic salpingo-oophorectomy
10/15/10 last FORTEOinjection
RECLAST infusion(ostoeporosis)
6/14/10 5 year cancerversary!
8/2010-18%increase in bone density!
no further treatments
Oncologist says, "Go do the Happy Dance"
I say,"What a long strange trip its been"
'One day at a time'
6-14-2015. 10 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!
7-16 to 9-16. Extensive (and expensive) dental work done to save teeth. Damage from osteoporosis and chemo and long term bisphosphonate use
6-14-16. 11 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!!
7-20-16 Prolia injection for severe osteoporosis
2 days later, massive hive outbreak. This led to an eventual dx of Chronic Ideopathic Urticaria, an auto-immune disease from HELL.
6-14-17 12 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!!
still suffering from CIU. 4 hospitilizations in the past year

as of today, 10-31-17 in remission from CIU and still, CANCER FREE!!!
6-14-18 13 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!! NED!!
suzan w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:06 PM   #27
Joe
Webmaster

Success Stories !!!!

Keep em coming. We do forward some of these posts to the patient advocate reps of some pharma companies.

This sometimes leads to opportunities for both our group and the member; as well as inspiring new members that it can be done.

Who does not want to be the next Barbara Bradfield !!!

To Hopeful: "There is a feature on this Board that many may not be familiar with: the "ignore" list. While in one of the BB Forums, look at the menu bar across the very top of the page - there is a "User CP" link that is second from the left. Click on it, and you will get a menu down the left hand side of the page. The third major sub-heading on that menu is "Settings & Options." Under that sub-heading you will see, "Edit Ignore list." Click on that link, and you will get a screen that enables you to add the name of a member to your "ignore" list. "

I guess that explains why no one listens to me.

Regards
Joe

Illegitimi non carborundum

My Album
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:27 PM   #28
hutchibk

LOL - Joe!

Awww, I would never tune you out! You rock my world...

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:48 PM   #29
hutchibk

I would like to add - posting good news is not offensive. Neither is posting bad news. Please don't apologize for posting about either when you want to share. Please do not feel guilty for where you are, whether it be Stage I, NED, or a Stage IV thriving for an exponential number of years. Please don't withhold posting either, unless it makes you feel better to wait a few days. I admit, I do that sometimes, but other times I just jump right in if the water feels good. That is what we are here for! We are a support group. In my opinion, what IS offensive is to fear monger, name call, disparage, deride, mock, dismiss, slight, scorn, disdain, or insult. If you disagree with someone, it's OK to speak up if you feel strongly about it, but it is the customary and implied code of this site to simply state that you disagree and say why, without engaging in any of those behaviors and inflaming unnecessary controversy, or another choice is to simply move on and don't go there at all. Quite simply, it is about respecting each other and being cordial, even in disagreement. Please don't feel a need to apologize unless you feel you have engaged in disrespectful and/or insulting behavior...

As one who has pretty strong opinions about certain things in this life, I have had to rethink a time or two before posting responses... and have embraced the need to understand that this site is intended to be a gentle landing spot for those of us with HER2 breast cancer. A gentle place to learn how to cope with our dx. A gentle place to share what works for us when fighting this disease day in and day out. A gentle place to learn the reality surrounding our cancer lives, especially when it is devastating. A gentle place to learn about the science and discoveries. A gentle place to ask questions. And a gentle place to support each other as we face the fear of the uncertainty.

For those (including me) who do frequent other sites on the internet... news sites, opinion forums, etc., this site is different from those. You have to change your hat, your brain, and your mood when you come here. This is a shared experience, not intended to be an opinion/debate driven forum. This site is a valuable tool and a place for understanding, learning, sharing and respect for the process.

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Jan'04~
Sept'05~
Aug'06~

Apr'07~
May'07~
June'07~
Aug'07~
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
Sept'08~
Oct'08~
Dec'08~
June'09~
Sept'09~
Oct'09~

Last edited by hutchibk; 07-02-2009 at 06:18 PM.. Reason: add, and add some more
Old 07-02-2009, 02:27 PM   #30
tricia keegan

I'm coming in late on this one as always with the time difference, but agree with Brenda's comments overall. My heart breaks for those in dire difficulties but I love sharing in the good news too.
While I'm not stage iv, anyone with her2+ (at least pre herceptin) can't help but put themselves in that situation and understand what other's are going through to a degree.
I moderate on the advanced forum of another bc site and am always delighted to pass on good news from someone here in the hope of providing some optimism if someone is doing badly.
When I meet anyone her2+ I direct them here, to me it's the most informative and supportive and knowledgable site to go to if you have this type of cancer. While I don't always understand Lani 's posts I love reading them and often quote them.
I think all the member's here have a deep and genuine feeling for those less fortunate as we truely know in a hairs breath we could be there too.
And Joe...of course we always listen to you
Rads x 36 ..oophorectomy August '06
Currently taking Arimidex..
June 2011 osteopenia/ zometa x1 yearly- stopped Zometa 2015 as Dexa show normal bone density.
Stopped Arimidex July 2014- Restarted Arimidex 2015 for a further two years on the advice of my Onc.
2014 Normal Dexa scan
2018 Mammo all clear, still NED!
tricia keegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:45 PM   #31
Lien

When I first came to these forums, I was newly diagnosed, and the posts about stage IV scared me away. But I kept dropping in from time to time, because I'm her2 pos and because this is such a special group of people. Now that I'm 5 yrs out from diagnosis and not so scared anymore, I can read the tough posts about struggling, dying and horrible side effects without getting too upset. And I sometimes look at the threads as if through the eyes of a newby and think: there should be hope here as well. So when I have good news, I share it. Perhaps I shouldn't have. But on the other hand: the newly diagnosed need us too. It's a fine line indeed.

Anyway, I hope I don't offend or hurt those of you who are struggling with this Æ’∞§¶§¶!*!!! disease, dealing with awful side effects from therapy or feeling sad, scared, desperate or angry.

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:52 PM   #32
Hopeful

Joe,

"I guess that explains why no one listens to me."

ROFL!! You got me with that one!

If there were a "priority" list feature, you would be at the top of mine.

Hopeful
Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:20 PM   #33
suzan w

I have to laugh about that comment too, Joe...I always "hear" you loud and clear!!!
5/05 biopsy-invasive lobular carcinoma with LCIS,8mm tumor,stage 1 grade 2, ER+ PR+ Her2+++
6/14/05 bilateral mastectomy, node neg. all scans neg.
Oncotype DX-high risk
8/05-10/05 4 rounds A/C
10/05 -10/06 1 yr. herceptin
arimidex-5 years
2/14/08 started daily self administered injections..FORTEO for severe osteoporosis
7/28/09 BRCA 1 negative BRCA2 POSITIVE
8/17/09 prophylactic salpingo-oophorectomy
10/15/10 last FORTEOinjection
RECLAST infusion(ostoeporosis)
6/14/10 5 year cancerversary!
8/2010-18%increase in bone density!
no further treatments
Oncologist says, "Go do the Happy Dance"
I say,"What a long strange trip its been"
'One day at a time'
6-14-2015. 10 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!
7-16 to 9-16. Extensive (and expensive) dental work done to save teeth. Damage from osteoporosis and chemo and long term bisphosphonate use
6-14-16. 11 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!!
7-20-16 Prolia injection for severe osteoporosis
2 days later, massive hive outbreak. This led to an eventual dx of Chronic Ideopathic Urticaria, an auto-immune disease from HELL.
6-14-17 12 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!!
still suffering from CIU. 4 hospitilizations in the past year

as of today, 10-31-17 in remission from CIU and still, CANCER FREE!!!
6-14-18 13 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!! NED!!
suzan w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:40 PM   #34
Sheila

Some of these are too good not to pass on....it puts a whole different perspective on each on of us, and what truly is important.

Written By Regina Brett, 90 years old, of The Plain Dealer,
Cleveland , Ohio

"To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 45 lessons life
taught me.. It is the most-requested column I've ever written.

1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.

2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.

3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone...

4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your
friends and parents will. Stay in touch

5. Pay off your credit cards every month.

6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.

7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.

8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.

9. Save for retirement starting with your first pay check.

10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.

11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.

12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.

13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what
their journey is all about.

14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in
it.

15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't
worry; God never blinks.

16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.

17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.

18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.

19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the
second one is up to you and no one else.

20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't
take no for an answer.

21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy
lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.

22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.

23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.

24. The most important sex organ is the brain.

25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.

26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five
years, will this matter?'

27. Always choose life.

28. Forgive everyone everything.

29. What other people think of you is none of your business.

30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.

31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.

32. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.

33. Believe in miracles.

34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything
you did or didn't do.

35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.

36. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.

37. Your children get only one childhood.

38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.

39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.

40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone
else's, we'd grab ours back.

41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.

42. The best is yet to come.

43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

44. Yield.

45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift."

Hugs & Blessings
Sheila
Diagnosed at age 49.99999 2/21/2002 via Mammography (Calcifications)
Core Biopsy 2/22/02
L. Mastectomy 2/25/2002
Stage 1, 0.7cm IDC, Node Neg from 19 nodes Her2+++ ER PR Neg
6/2003 Reconstruction W/ Tissue Expander, Silicone Implant
9/2003 Stage IV with Mets to Supraclavicular nodes
9/2003 Began Herceptin every 3 weeks
3/2006 Xeloda 2500mg/Herceptin for recurrence to neck nodes
3/2007 Added back the Xeloda with Herceptin for continued mets to nodes
5/2007 Taken Off Xeloda, no longer working
6/14/07 Taxol/Herceptin/Avastin
3/26 - 5/28/08 Taxol Holiday Whopeeeeeeeee
5/29 2008 Back on Taxol w Herceptin q 2 weeks
4/2009 Progression on Taxol & Paralyzed L Vocal Cord from Nodes Pressing on Nerve
5/2009 Begin Rx with Navelbine/Herceptin
11/09 Progression on Navelbine
Fought for and started Tykerb/Herceptin...nodes are melting!!!!!
2/2010 Back to Avastin/Herceptin
5/2010 Switched to Metronomic Chemo with Herceptin...Cytoxan and Methotrexate
Pericardial Window Surgery to Drain Pericardial Effusion
7/2010 Back to walking a mile a day...YEAH!!!!
9/2010 Nodes are back with a vengence in neck
Qualified for TDM-1 EAP
10/6/10 Begin my miracle drug, TDM-1
Mixed response, shrinking internal nodes, progression skin mets after 3 treatments
12/6/10 Started Halaven (Eribulen) /Herceptin excellent results in 2 treatments
2/2011 I CELEBRATE my 9 YEAR MARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/5/11 begin Gemzar /Herceptin for node progression
2/8/2012 Gemzar stopped, Continue Herceptin
2/20/2012 Begin Tomo Radiation to Neck Nodes
2/21/2012 I CELEBRATE 10 YEARS
5/12/2012 BeganTaxotere/ Herceptin is my next miracle for new node progression
6/28/12 Stopped Taxotere due to pregression, Started Perjeta/Herceptin
Sheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:06 PM   #35
Bill

Wow, Sheila, that's awesome! I agree with all of them except #44. (I'm persistent to a fault). I was going to make a personal request of Joe, but after your post I feel I should wait awhile............................................ .......................................
.................................................. ...........................................
.................................................. ...........................................
.................................................. ............................................
Hey, Joe, can we make a new feature on the "User CP" where we can change someone else's avatar picture if we don't like it? The reason I bring this up (I personally think it's a great idea) is that Greg's new avatar when seen right next to mine makes me look, aw, I don't know, sorta silly, but I want to keep mine for awhile, but change his. Greg's avatar might seem really cool to some, but I just think I should change it to something that makes me look better. (maybe like a fake picture of Greg watching TV in a ratty T-shirt with mustard down the front, I don't know, I'm just brain-storming here) I think this is highly do-able and would greatly benefit the site. Joe, I know you probably want to think about this one awhile, so we can discuss it over the grill Saturday. I know what you're thinking and yes! I will remember the limes this time.

Last edited by Bill; 07-02-2009 at 04:12 PM.. Reason: no good reason
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:14 PM   #36
chrisy

Bill,
I think you need to reread #13 in Sheila's post. And maybe #29. You already know about #32.

Who says a big leaf of chard isn't as scary or dangerous as a shark cage? I mean, really, you've got that thing ACTUALLY touching your head!!!! Are you CRAZY????
10/04-3/05 Weekly Taxol/Carboplatin/Herceptin , complete response!
04/05 - 4/07 Herception every 3 wks, Continue NED
04/07 - recurrence to liver - 2 spots, starting tykerb/avastin trial
06/07 8/07 10/07 Scans show stable, continue on Tykerb/Avastin
01/08 Progression in liver
02/08 Begin (TDM1) trial
08/08 NED! It's Working! Continue on TDM1
02/09 Continue NED
02/10 Continue NED. 5/10 9/10 Scans NED 10/10 Scans NED
12/10 Scans not clear....4/11 Scans suggest progression 6/11 progression confirmed in liver
07/11 - 11/11 Herceptin/Xeloda -not working:(
12/11 Begin MM302 Phase I trial - bust:(
03/12 3rd times the charm? AKT trial

5/12 Scan shows reduction! 7/12 More reduction!!!!
8/12 Whoops...progression...trying for Perjeta/Herceptin (plus some more nasty chemo!)
9/12 Start Perjeta/Herceptin, chemo on hold due to infection/wound in leg, added on cycle 2 &3
11/12 Poops! progression in liver, Stop Perjeta/Taxo/Herc
11/12 Navelbine/Herce[ptin - try for a 3 cycles, no go.
2/13 Gemzar/Carbo/Herceptin - no go.
3/13 TACE procedure
chrisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:19 PM   #37
chrisy

Smile

I have to say, I agree with everything everyone has said here. And I love how it now is now heading completely off the rails...

Sort of like when you have a big fight with a spouse or other important person in your life - it gets scarier and scarier until someone says something silly to break the tension.

Because in the end, what really matters, what you really value, is the relationship.

Said it before and I'll say it again...I love you ALL
10/04-3/05 Weekly Taxol/Carboplatin/Herceptin , complete response!
04/05 - 4/07 Herception every 3 wks, Continue NED
04/07 - recurrence to liver - 2 spots, starting tykerb/avastin trial
06/07 8/07 10/07 Scans show stable, continue on Tykerb/Avastin
01/08 Progression in liver
02/08 Begin (TDM1) trial
08/08 NED! It's Working! Continue on TDM1
02/09 Continue NED
02/10 Continue NED. 5/10 9/10 Scans NED 10/10 Scans NED
12/10 Scans not clear....4/11 Scans suggest progression 6/11 progression confirmed in liver
07/11 - 11/11 Herceptin/Xeloda -not working:(
12/11 Begin MM302 Phase I trial - bust:(
03/12 3rd times the charm? AKT trial

5/12 Scan shows reduction! 7/12 More reduction!!!!
8/12 Whoops...progression...trying for Perjeta/Herceptin (plus some more nasty chemo!)
9/12 Start Perjeta/Herceptin, chemo on hold due to infection/wound in leg, added on cycle 2 &3
11/12 Poops! progression in liver, Stop Perjeta/Taxo/Herc
11/12 Navelbine/Herce[ptin - try for a 3 cycles, no go.
2/13 Gemzar/Carbo/Herceptin - no go.
3/13 TACE procedure
chrisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:27 PM   #38
Brenda_D

I try to be careful and realize that some are fighting a bigger or longer battle. I remember when I was dx'ed and told it was stage4. I was in a fog of unreality for 6 months, and I appreciated the help and hope I got here.
When I re-staged at 3, I was of course happy, but also furious at my 3 doctors who never ordered the bone scan to verify staging. They just blew it off, but I know how deeply affected I was, and still am to some degree, because those words never go away completely.
I understand fighting this disease.
I may not always jump in to threads or conversations because I'm not one that finds it easy to communicate with others.
I do post a little in another forum and have read posts from newly dx'ed women that are begging for good stories, and reports of long time survivors.
I have recently posted to some of those in hope that it gives some comfort to them in knowing this disease can be overcome at least to some point or for some amount of time.
I know sometimes I like reading success stories.

Joe, you can tell Genentech that Herceptin has worked it's magic for me.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:27 PM   #39
Mary Jo

That's what I was going to say Chrisy........so now I'll just say...."me too!"

Hugs....
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED

<>< Romans 8:28
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:52 PM   #40
Catherine

Wow

Wow, as usual, I am impressed by the well meaning and well written people on this site. It is the only site I visit. I have learned so much and have felt so connected and supported ever since I signed on Dec 2006. If I start reading a post that upsets me, I just ignore it. I appreciate that every once in a while Joe makes a comment about keeping the site thoughtful, but I also understand that we do not want to be "censored."

So I agree, lets breath in and out and try to take most things with a grain of salt. I, too, feel guilty sometimes, because I am NED. But I pray for everyone on this site, and know that you are there for me, even if right now I am not as needy as I was 3 years ago.

Love you all, C

Found my own lump in the shower
April 2006 at the age of 58
Stage IIB, ER- PR- HER2+++ multi focal tumors, largest 2.3cm
Chemo first: AC/Taxol over 16 weeks
Bilateral mastectomy Sep 06
33 rads after the surgery
1 year of Herceptin completed Dec 07
15 years and no recurrence as of April 2021
Catherine is offline   Reply With Quote