HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-19-2012, 05:35 AM   #1
Lien

Good news

Hi all,

I thought I'd share some good news with all of you:

I went for my annual Mammo last week and told the tech that I felt a little lump. It looked like a complex cyst, so they biopsied it. Yesterday I got the good news: totally and completely benign.

Phew!

After 8 years and 9 months I had started to relax a little. Now I can go back to that relaxed state. Until the next scare...

Love

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:43 AM   #2
AlaskaAngel

Smile Re: Good news

Happy to hear the good news, Jacqueline, and looking forward to many more years of the same for you!

I did my checkup and imaging this past month too (at 10 years out from diagnosis). All clear, with marker of 10, and mammo and ultrasound. I will be having an echo in November to see where things are in terms of my heart, due to the Adriamycin.

I never did any AI, and my DEXA is well above the normal range for women my age.

The IMRT rads resulted in significant radiation fibrosis that has hardened basically into a painful mound of gristle in the breast that is gradually tightening more and more over the years and is pulling on my shoulder, and the the elbow tries to compensate for that, so I have lost a great deal of the strength in that shoulder and arm, which are painful, but still usable for lesser tasks.

One interesting recommendation I received from my breast surgeon is to change from yearly mammo only to adding in a breast MRI every year 6 months after the mammo, due to the extensive family history I have of bc. Otherwise, weight management continues to be the only other recommendation for me.

What are you doing to celebrate?

AlaskaAngel
IDC 1.9 cm, some DCIS, Stage 1, Grade 3
Lumpectomy, CAFx6 (no blood boosters), IMRT rads, 1 3/4 yr tamoxifen
Rads necrosis
BRCA 1 & 2 negative
Trials: Early detection OVCA; 2004 low-dose testosterone for bc survivors
Diet: Primarily vegetarian organic; metformin (no diabetes), vitamin D3
Exercise: 7 days a week, 1 hr/day
No trastuzumab, no taxane, no AI
NED
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:38 AM   #3
Lien

Re: Good news

Hi Alaska Angel,

Good to hear you are fine as well. I have some fibrosis in the radiated breast, but not too much. My only issue is that after 5 years of ovarian suppression, my periods came back. They seem to be petering out a bit, but still pop up at 3 month intervals. Irritating. These hormones also seem to cause or aggravate cysts, which is a bit worrysome.

Discussed this with my doc, and he said that at 53 I should be postmenopausal before too long. We also talked about MRI's but he said there are a lot of false positives with that, especially with the cysts. I could end up with more x-rays which we both think is not what we are aiming for. So annual mammo with ultrasound it is for me. If I"m not postmenopausal next year, I will discuss removig my ovaries after all. This might lead to a higher risk of cardiovascular disease, but hey, you gotta take some risks in life.

Hope you stick around without a recurrance for decades to come.

Love

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:22 AM   #4
Jackie07

Glad to hear the good news. It must have been a scary experience!

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
Life-long Central Neurocytoma 4x5x6.5 cm 23 hrs 62090 semi-coma 10 d PT OT ST 30 d
3 Infertility tmts 99 > 3 u. fibroids > Pills
CN 3 GKRS 52301
IDC 1.2 cm Her2 +++ ER 5% R. Lmptmy SLNB+1 71703 6 FEC 33 R Tamoxifen
Recc IIB 2.5 cm Bi-L Mast 61407 2/9 nds PET
6 TCH Cellulitis - Lymphedema - compression sleeve & glove
H w x 4 MUGA 51 D, J 49 M
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
hysterectomy/oophorectomy 011410
Exemestane 25 mg tab 102912 ~ 101016 stopped due to r. hip/l.thigh pain after long walk
DEXA 1/13
1-2016 lesions in liver largest 9mm & 1.3 cm onco. says not cancer.
3-11 Appendectomy - visually O.K., a lot of puss. Final path result - not cancer.
Start Vitamin D3 and Calcium supplement (600mg x2)
10-10 Stopped Exemestane due to r. hip/l.thigh pain OKed by Onco 11-08-2016
7-23-2018 9 mm groundglass nodule within the right lower lobe with indolent behavior. Due to possible adenocarcinoma, Recommend annual surveilence.
7-10-2019 CT to check lung nodule.
1-10-2020 8mm stable nodule on R Lung, two 6mm new ones on L Lung, a possible lymph node involvement in inter fissule.
"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY." Irene from Tampa

Advocacy is a passion .. not a pastime - Joe
Jackie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:04 PM   #5
Paula O

I'm so happy for you. What a relief that good news must have been.

Paula
Paula O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:59 AM   #6
Pray

Awesome! Gods blessings to you!
Her2 +3
4/12 nodes
6 rounds TCH
Herceptin 12 months 3weeks
Rad. 30 tx
Tamoxifin 6 months stopped