HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Keeping Your Mind Off of BC
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Keeping Your Mind Off of BC Fun things and posts that do not apply to BC

Old 10-27-2007, 01:42 PM   #1
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Exclamation Tiptoe Headed To Becky's...!

TIPTOE HAS LEFT WEST WARWICK! Marie's computer is out. I spoke w/her. She and Ed have brushed their knees off and are forging ahead w/their new plan -- and all the advice our Sisters have given them.

They reluctantly let TT go, shipping her on Friday, w/a tracking # and a GUARDIAN ANGEL, Marie has sent along w/her. (Wish I had thought of that one!) BECKY -- LET US KNOW WHEN SHE ARRIVES. Get your camera ready! Tipsy is a delightful guest and we are all anxiously waiting for Marie to post pictures and for Becky to update us.

Marie's Mom's little blanket is in the package too! The woman has had several biopsies this past week but has made it a priority to finish Tip's bc blanket. Now that's a Warrior Woman for you! Prayers for her and for Ed are streaming from Boca to R.I. as I type!

WITH LOVE AND WISHES FOR TIPTOE'S SAFE JOURNEY,
Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 12:45 AM   #2
hutchibk

Thanks for the update ABB! Where you been? You sure have been quite for a week or so!

NOV 2012 - 9 yr anniversary
JULY 2012 - 7 yr anniversary stage IV (of 50...)

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Rt side mastectomy, Her2+, ER/PR+, 10 nodes out, one node positive
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~
micro mets chest nodes, & bone spot @ C3 neck, Added Taxol to Herceptin
Feb'07~ Genetic testing, BRCA 1&2 neg

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
Started Tykerb/Xeloda, no WBR for now
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
MRI - brain mets shrunk half, NO NEW BRAIN METS!!, TMs stable @ 9.2
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
new 3-4mm left cerrebellar spot zapped with IMRT targeted rads
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Feb'11~ Enrolled in T-DM1 EAP in Denver, first treatment March 25, 2011.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

"I would rather be anecdotally alive than statistically dead."
hutchibk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 08:40 AM   #3
Becky

I'll let you know when Tip arrives. She should probably be here tomorrow.

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 09:03 AM   #4
PinkGirl

Wink Tiptoe

Hi Becky
I'm so excited for you...........I forgot to mention to anyone that Tip likes
to watch Survivor on Thursday evening - it is in China this season and Tip
likes to see the scenery from home.

Also, could you tell her that her Spiritual Leader is in Ottawa, Canada today, tomorrow and the next day. Maybe you could find some Canadian news on TV for her to catch a glimpse of him. Thanks.

Have fun with her......

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
4 FAC, 4 Taxol, no radiation
1 year of Herceptin
Tamoxifen for approx. 4 months,
Arimidex for 5 years
Prophylactic mastectomy June 22/09

" I yam what I yam." - Popeye

My Photo Album
PinkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 12:07 PM   #5
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink Hugs And Kisses To Tipsy...

Hi y'all. Yes, I've been quiet. Thanks for noticing. Computer down all day yesterday. Used Paul's to post re TIPTOE as that was an urgent matter !

I am weaning off Effexor 75 mg as it was totally clouding my thinking. I finally discovered that it was not my low red bld cell count but the Effexor that was making me unable to concentrate. Could not focus. Meanwhile onc ordered brain MRI and you may be surprised to learn -- I AM NOMAL. News to me too...

Am down to 37.5 mg E and find that at half strength it IS helping hot flashes, cause after a wk when I switched to ev other day -- WOW! That's *with* Black Cohosh 80 mg twice a day! Guess I am a major flasher. Need all the help I can get. Will settle for 1/2 a foggy brain if I can have virtually no hot flashes and stop the suffering. 23 yrs of it and I AM DONE! Am looking in to plan B -- progresterone cream. Posted somewhere re that, for those interested. Use SEARCH or go to my posts... Like I say, I am very confused.

Am trying to help my (real/blood) Sister through a terrible ordeal w/her 30 something daughter. Wrenching situation. Also, at the same time, a good friend is having a true paranoid meltdown so I am trying to be there for her, which involves at least 4 long calls a day, sobbing and worse. Every one is in therapy and on meds, being watched, but needs back up support. So I have been very preoccupied TO DISTRACTION. Can a person be too compassionate????? I had one night of nightmares all night. But I talked it out w/Paul and feel some relief there so I can go on.

I miss Tipsy but I know she will brighten your day Becky. She is quite the charmer. I did mention the Dalai Lama received a gold medal at the White House last wk somewhere on this board. Forgot to mention about Survivor China. Good you remembered Pinkie! We watched and giggled over it when she was here. I know Marie got some great shots she described and is sending a little photo journal to Becky next wk, not wanting to overload her package/luggage. I KNOW teeny TT left lots of healing energy for Marie and Ed (and her Mom) to soak in! She is a blessing!

Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Old 10-29-2007, 04:49 PM   #6
Becky

Jersey Girl Tip

has arrived at my home. I just opened her up and she has a nice bed and new blankey.

I will take pictures soon. I am getting my act together so that Tip has a nice Halloween costume. I just wanted everyone to know that she is safe and sound!

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
Stage 2A
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Arimidex Only

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Old 11-01-2007, 05:07 PM   #7
Becky

Trick or Treat

I took Tip trick or treating last night. She was dressed as Esmeralda from the Hunchback of Notre Dam. She was alittle scared but she made it through. I am going to send Pink some pix. I just can't resize the darn things. I took her to some houses that were really decorated. We are going to take her on the Delaware this weekend. I will send her off with her costume for posterity sake. I will get in touch with Faux because she gets her next.

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
Stage 2A
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Arimidex Only

NED 18 years!

Old 11-01-2007, 05:54 PM   #8
Mary Anne in TX

I was just thinking how very empowered Tip is becoming while hanging out with all these super warriors!

Diag. 12/05 at age 60
Stage II, Grade 3, 4.5 cm primary tumor
ER/PR- Her2 +3 strongly positive
Her2 by FISH 7.7 amplified
vascular invasion
Ki67 20% borderline
Jan - March '06 Taxotere/Adriamycin X 3 to try to shrink tumor - it grew
April '06 Rt Modified Radical Mas, 7 of 9 nodes positive
April - Aug. '06 Herceptin/Taxol/Carboplatin X 8 (dose dense)
Sept - Dec. '06 Navelbine/Herceptin x 8 (dose dense)
Radiation & Herceptin Jan. 22 - March 1, 2007
Finished Herceptin Dec. 10 '08! One extra year.
Port removed August, 2012.
8 1/2 years since diagnosis! 5 1/2 Years NED!
Mary Anne in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 06:25 PM   #9
PinkGirl

Smile Tiptoe's Hallowe'en photos (Esmeralda)

Attachment 147

Attachment 148

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
1 year of Herceptin
Arimidex for 5 years

My Photo Album

Last edited by PinkGirl; 03-29-2008 at 07:33 AM..
Old 11-01-2007, 09:59 PM   #10
hutchibk

wow - she is a brave girl! BOO TipToe!

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

Old 11-02-2007, 05:30 AM   #11
Sheila

She needs to be brave to hang out with all of us in San Antonio Brenda!

Hugs & Blessings
Sheila
Diagnosed at age 49.99999 2/21/2002 via Mammography (Calcifications)
Core Biopsy 2/22/02
L. Mastectomy 2/25/2002
Stage 1, 0.7cm IDC, Node Neg from 19 nodes Her2+++ ER PR Neg
6/2003 Reconstruction W/ Tissue Expander, Silicone Implant
9/2003 Stage IV with Mets to Supraclavicular nodes
9/2003 Began Herceptin every 3 weeks
3/2006 Xeloda 2500mg/Herceptin for recurrence to neck nodes
3/2007 Added back the Xeloda with Herceptin for continued mets to nodes
5/2007 Taken Off Xeloda, no longer working
6/14/07 Taxol/Herceptin/Avastin
3/26 - 5/28/08 Taxol Holiday Whopeeeeeeeee
5/29 2008 Back on Taxol w Herceptin q 2 weeks
4/2009 Progression on Taxol & Paralyzed L Vocal Cord from Nodes Pressing on Nerve
5/2009 Begin Rx with Navelbine/Herceptin
11/09 Progression on Navelbine
Fought for and started Tykerb/Herceptin...nodes are melting!!!!!
2/2010 Back to Avastin/Herceptin
5/2010 Switched to Metronomic Chemo with Herceptin...Cytoxan and Methotrexate
Pericardial Window Surgery to Drain Pericardial Effusion
7/2010 Back to walking a mile a day...YEAH!!!!
9/2010 Nodes are back with a vengence in neck
Qualified for TDM-1 EAP
10/6/10 Begin my miracle drug, TDM-1
Mixed response, shrinking internal nodes, progression skin mets after 3 treatments
12/6/10 Started Halaven (Eribulen) /Herceptin excellent results in 2 treatments
2/2011 I CELEBRATE my 9 YEAR MARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/5/11 begin Gemzar /Herceptin for node progression
2/8/2012 Gemzar stopped, Continue Herceptin
2/20/2012 Begin Tomo Radiation to Neck Nodes
2/21/2012 I CELEBRATE 10 YEARS
5/12/2012 BeganTaxotere/ Herceptin is my next miracle for new node progression
6/28/12 Stopped Taxotere due to pregression, Started Perjeta/Herceptin
Sheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 06:54 PM   #12
Becky

I sent more pix to Pink. I think her personal email carrier must compress big files and she is able to post the pix whereas I am not. I sent them compressed but they were still too big to post here.

The pictures, when you see them, will be obvious. Pink overlooking the Verrazzano Bridge (connects Long Island to Staten Island). Pink looking at lower Manhattan from Jersey City, NJ. Pink staring in awe at the Statue of Liberty. Pink at Round Valley Reservior in Clinton NJ (to show that NJ is really a nice State). There are a couple done here including our sledding hill (so you will know what I mean when winter comes and I tell you I've gone sledding). Hurricane Noel passes by tomorrow. Maybe if I can, I will get one of her and me in the wind. We were going to take her to the Jersey shore tomorrow but the weather is going to be just awful. She can keep me company while I get some things done around the house.

Hope Pink can continue to post these pics so everyone can see. They go in the book but not everyone will necessarily get the book.

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
Stage 2A
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Arimidex Only

NED 18 years!

Old 11-02-2007, 07:32 PM   #13
Andrea Barnett Budin

Wink Welcome To The Compressed Picture Challenge...

Oh, Becky. You are a sweetheart! Keeping us in touch with Tiptoe. And Pinkie is doing a yeoman's job posting for the COMPRESSED CHALLENGED.

Not to embarrass you Becky, as your mind is a marvel, bending around concepts that most of us cannot begin to fathom and explaining to us in what suddenly seems obvious ways. But Pink is the one who posts. She lives in Canada. And Tip is the little guest you have. Tehehe. Guess the day is long and the night is fogging your usual brilliant train of thought, sweet Becky. Thanks for keeping us in touch with our little Tipsy and her adventures. We all anxiously await...

BTW, nights will be getting longer. TOMORROW STARTS DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME, EVERY ONE. *FALL* BACK... In case you didn't notice the NEW time change. My computer mouse has thought it began about 2 wks ago. I didn't bother to fill it in on the new rules. 1st SUNDAY (2AM) in November. Till 2nd SUNDAY (2AM) in April. I think. I googled. I'm becoming my children. The computer is all wise and knowing.

Andi

Old 11-03-2007, 05:56 PM   #14
PinkGirl

Smile Tip's pics

There is a max. of 5 pictures, so I'll post the last one separately.
Tip looking at the Statue of Liberty is a hoot.

Attachment 149

The sledding hill
Attachment 150

The Verazzano Bridge
Attachment 151

The Statue of Liberty
Attachment 152
Lower Manhattan
Attachment 153
The Round Valley Reservior

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
1 year of Herceptin
Arimidex for 5 years

My Photo Album

Old 11-03-2007, 05:58 PM   #15
PinkGirl

Smile last one

Tip in the wind......

Attachment 154

See her Pink hair flying in the wind. Nice view of New Jersey - Lots of memories for Tiptoe from Becky

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
1 year of Herceptin
Arimidex for 5 years

My Photo Album

Old 11-04-2007, 11:49 AM   #16
Andrea Barnett Budin

Wink That Was Funny!

So funny! In the first pic I looked at, above, I thought I was looking at a RABBIT! The long ears was the stalk of something, growing behind. Tip looks so much bigger than I remember! Great pics. Good camera, Becky! What did you use? Just curious...

Pinkie's personal email carrier is incapable of compressing as well. The Pink One has invented a system of printing, cutting and scanning. Time-consuming, ink-eating but it gets the job done! APPLAUSE!! Thank you, Pinkie!

LOVE TO ALL,
Andi

Old 11-04-2007, 03:48 PM   #17
hutchibk

Me too Andi! I saw a rabbit and thought, "OK, so there's a rabbit, but where is the hamster?" hahahaha.

TipToe is living my fantasy of a trip around the world. Lucky girl.

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Jan'04~
Sept'05~
Aug'06~

Apr'07~
May'07~
June'07~
Aug'07~
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
Sept'08~
Oct'08~
Dec'08~
June'09~
Sept'09~
Oct'09~