HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Clinical Trials
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-17-2005, 03:19 PM   #1
imported_Joe

The HER2 Support Group in cooperation with Veritas Medicine is launching a new clinical trial search engine and notification feature.

With the search engine, you can locate clinical trials near where you live. If there currently are none, you can register with their service and they will email you when one meeting your criteria is recruiting.

HER2 Clinical Trials Page

Warmest Regards
Joe
Old 05-17-2005, 06:46 PM   #2
al from canada

Joe,
What a great initiative!! Just another littke x-tra that makes this site the best!
Al and Linda
Old 06-08-2005, 08:11 PM   #3
mamacze

Joe,
It has been awhile since I checked in, and here you go with another incredible idea; thank you for setting this up!
Kim from ct
Old 06-11-2005, 09:11 AM   #4
Janie

My search is a little different. I am already in the wonderful N9831 trial with Herceptin. I have to move over 200 miles away because of my job. I am trying to find a trial closer to that location. The trial is only listed on the web in the primary locations although I know it is offered in other locations as well. I want to stay in the trial because of all the adavantages although it is no longer accepting new patients because of the success story. I am already in it and wish to stay in it rather than go through the hassle of getting the Herceptin treament otherwise. Do you have a resource that can help me find a location in the vicinity where I am going that will allow me to get Herceptin locally. I am willing to continue to travel to Mayo for the few follow-ups required there for the follow-up. An onc nurse is also working on this, but I hope her resources are better than mine. I have searched for a place for a while now. Since those of us in the clinical trial will be followed for a number of years, I am sure this will come up again with others. Thanks,
Janie
Old 06-11-2005, 10:01 AM   #5
imported_Joe

Janie,
I would suggest contacting the trial coordinator(s) to locate a center closer to you. They are just as much interested in having you continue as you are.
:
Trial Lead Organizations

North Central Cancer Treatment Group

Edith Perez, MD, Protocol chair Ph: 904-953-7283
Email: perez.edith@mayo.edu

Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group
Nancy Davidson, MD, Protocol chair Ph: 410-955-8489

Cancer and Leukemia Group B
Peter Kaufman, MD, Protocol chair Ph: 603-650-6700; 800-639-6918
Email: peter.a.kaufman@hitchcock.org

Southwest Oncology Group
Silvana Martino, DO, Protocol chair Ph: 310-582-7900
Email: martinos@jwci.org

NCIC-Clinical Trials Group

Karen Gelmon, MD, Protocol chair Ph: 604-877-6000
Email: kgelmon@bccancer.bc.ca

Warmest Regards
Joe
Old 06-22-2005, 05:06 AM   #6
Shell

Joe-

The link to the Lapatinib trial does not seem to work. I hope to be in the Phase III Lapatinib trial that has two arms, both w/ Xeloda, and the one arm w/ Lapatinib, and it would be useful to have this information available so that the study could gain enrollment.

Thanks and regards,
Shell
Old 01-04-2006, 04:55 PM   #7
kristen8594

thank you for posting this...i am looking to see if there are any trials for late hercpetin....or the new vaccine and didn't know how to go about it. there does not seem to be any trials being offered to those of us that missed the boat on getting herceptin. I am two years out as of 12/30 and would really like to see if I could get herceptin now. In my mind why not get it sooner, rather than later???

thank you
Kristen
kristen8594 is offline   Reply With Quote