HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Clinical Trials
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-24-2005, 12:27 PM   #1
Cathy B/Rhode Island

I recently have started on herceptin along with taxol; however, after 3 doses and the results of a MUGA scan, my doctor has stopped my treatment for the next 3 weeks and will have to repeat the MUGA scan. Normal results are 55-65% and my heart muscles have decreased to 48%. The doctor feels at this time that it is the herceptin. It is still too early to know how my treatment will proceed; however, I am greatly concerned since, although the percentage of these problems are low, I seem to be in it and wonder if anyone else has had this problem but been able to get passed this point and continue on the herceptin and been able to manage the weakness in the heart muscles. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated to help me with the current anxiety I feel, since everything had been going so well up until this complication. Thank you.

Cathy
Old 05-24-2005, 12:49 PM   #2
*_jeff_*

Sorry to hear of your troubles...

Ask your doctor about adding 300 mg. of the supplement coq10 per day.d There's lots of evidence that it helps strengthen the heart...

Best wishes,
Jeff
Old 05-30-2005, 01:24 PM   #3
*_Velva_*

Cathy, Herceptin 1xwk or every 3wks? I have no problem on weekly, but went on every 3 wk in 6 mos. my EF was down to 30% by echo, no symptoms. Had to be off Herceptin for about 3 mos. and a recurrance to skin mets. I have been back on weekly Herceptin w/ no heart problems, recent echo was 52%.
Everyone is different and the every 3wk seems to be fine for most. Hope this helps, and things will improve quickly at 48% EF. Hang in there Velva
Old 08-29-2005, 02:39 PM   #4
Rupali

Hi Cathy,
I am experiencing exactly same situation as u.
After 3 months of Herceptin my EF fellfrom 54% to 45%. They have stopped my herceptin for 1 month and will do a MUGA again to see where I stand on Septmebre 15th. I have been on COQ 10 for last 8 months, 200 mg everyday.
This probably happend after I moved from weekly to 3 weekly dose of Herceptin.

Rupali