HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

Old 03-20-2010, 10:08 PM   #21
Lisajean

Re: percentage of those who respond to Herceptin

Dear Adrien and Gerri,

Thank you both so much for your replies and for being so quick. I live alone and so hearing back was so meaningful. I am so sorry for your recent losses. Thank you for your support - especially during such a difficult time - I truly and greatly appreciate it.

I just wrote a reply, but, because I was not logged in, I lost it (feel like I am losing my brain).

So this is my second attempt at replying.

I had expanders put in - that is what I was told was the thing to do - when I had the mastectomy. So now I can not have an MRI until the expanders are out. My onc says that is okay. But, obviously, I can not delay having the surgery to get these out for too long. So, my surgery (that was scheduled for 3/29) is now postponed - for about 5 or 6 weeks. I am not sure of the new date. I just told my surgeon I could not do it yet.

The expanders are so uncomfortable. Because of the expanders I am physically uncomfortable all of the time, in pain, have limited mobility in my arms (one frozen shoulder - perhaps from radiation - but either way - it is not cooperating).

I feel so ashamed to be seemingly unable to cope. I just wish I didn't have these expanders in my body.

Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly. it helps a lot.

Lisa
Lisajean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:19 PM   #22
adrien

That must be very hard living by yourself and with a baby too. How did you do it. No wonder you're at the end of your string. Don't be hard on yourself.You've been brilliant coping this far.
PS What are expanders?

2005 mastectomy (Left ) 10cm IDC in lymphatic system and blood vessels oe- HER2 ++;Taxotere, Herceptin 18 mths
2006 skin tumours below scarline Add Femera, 3 weeks radiotherapy twice daily (unsuccessful)
excision of tumours.
2007 jan skin tumour on L chest wall; positive Right axilla
Temerifen.
September Ca markers rise. Start Tykerb 3 wks radiotherapy
2008 skin tumours regrow. latissimus dorsal flap for excision of skin tumours March 08. HER2++++
Faslodex injections
CEA and Ca15.3 rising
CT scan shows multiple mets in liver, lungs and inguinal glands. Stop Tykerb. Start Xeloda
CEA and Ca15.3 dropping like a stone. Skin tumours disappear.
Return 6 months later.
CT shows increase in size and number liver and lung mets.
Oct: Cyclophosphamide
Markers continue to rise. Change to Caelyx
CEA marker in the 2000s Back to Herceptin
New tunour R Breast
adrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 07:23 AM   #23
v-ness

dear lisajean - i live alone too and i am (and have always been) a bit of a loner on top of that - so it can be lonely business at times when you have breast cancer. one of many great things about this board is that you don't have to be ready to talk about BC at 5:30 on a tuesday night at a real-life support group meeting. if you're freaking out, as so many of us have, you can come here and post at 1 in the morning and almost always find support, or at least feel better for having vented. please don't feel ashamed about being unable to cope. it can be overwhelming. honestly, anti-depressants and/or anti-anxieties such as ativan can be extremely helpful at this time and give you the balance you need. it's nothing to be ashamed of - i'm on them!

i started this thread and i am kind of sorry i did because all it did was freak me out more when i was already anxious from my oncologist's 50% reply. nothing against those who responded - just that i finally came to realize that statistics can be pretty useless for those of us in the trenches and only serve to scare. we don't need that. we're not a statistic. someone here has an awesome sig file that says something like 'i'd rather be living anecdotally than dead statistically' and i recall beaming the first time i read it. THAT is the way to think. at herceptin the other day i just sat there feeling confident that it is working just as it worked on my sister's friend's stage 4 mets - all by itself it melted them to nothing. i visualize any leftover cancer cells shriveling up to nothing every time i have herceptin or a jolt of radiation.

i don't know how much time you have for reading with a small child, but i would seriously suggest an excellent book by Musa Mayer called "After Breast Cancer". it is actually a pretty quick read and i highlighted the hell out of my copy. i got it for free from Genentech when i joined her2connection. in fact they recently, for some unknown reason, sent me 3 more books. i'd offer to send you one, but i already passed them on to others in the same boat. but if you contact them, they send out useful emails and you get that book. i also find that it feels better when you at least have some sense of being able to do things to help lower chance of recurrence and there i have found the book 'Anti-Cancer' very useful as well. he doesn't pretend to have any cure-all's, but offers great information on how to be pro-active about your health and life. i like the fact that he is not only a scientist, but also has cancer. he writes in a very accessible way and i don't feel like i'm being bombarded with a 'you must be a raw foodist and take all these supplements blah blah blah' message. it's more like reading it and going 'wow, i think i'll try that and nah, i don't think that's for me' kind of thing. because, after all, even those who've lived and eaten "well" have gotten breast cancer anyway, and then you have julia child who ate meat, used butter and cream to excess, and loved her gin and lived almost 40 years beyond her mastectomy! so.... here's to doing what feels right for yourself. i just thought i would share some things that have helped me calm down the freak outs and suffer them less frequently. and this is coming from someone who was hyperventilating the first night i grasped what the hell her2+ breast cancer was from internet - which scared me with overly grim information but then led me to this site! best to you, i hope you feel more peace very soon. valerie
2/10 began 7 wks of radiation
6/10 mom dies of primary peritoneal ovarian cancer
8/10 got my last remaining ovary out
10/10 mammogram all clear
3/11 MRI shows 5 'spots' in right breast, largest 1 cm unidentifiable on US
needle biopsy proved the largest to be old inflamed cyst -phew!
7/10 switched to Arimidex
8/9 switched to Femara - allergic to arimidex
Femara made me lose hair quickly so switched to Aromasin
Aromasin made my hair fall out too and the bone pain was too much.
back on Tamoxifen 1/2013.
blood clot from trains and planes 5/2014 so on coumadin per onco for as long as i am on tamoxifen
tamoxifen was supposed to be up with my 5 yrs in may but my boyfriend was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer so i am staying on tamoxifen indefinitely because i want some ammo against BC, given the stress. lost my husband in only 10 wks in 2007 to stage 4 esophageal cancer.
cancer's screwing with another man i love
2/2016 - 6yrs in remission, off tamoxifen and off coumadin - yay!
v-ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:40 AM   #24
linda b

I'm also in the category that Herceptin didn't work. I like to be on as few drugs as I can be, and my onc has agreed. Tamoxifen and Herceptin didn't stop a tumor from forming on a vertebrae in my neck, so had a hysterectomy so I could start Armidex, but the side effects were more that what I wanted, so changed to Femara. I go in for a CT scan and an MRI in a few weeks, so am hoping that things are clear. If not, then I will start Tykerb along with the Femara. Does anyone else do that combination?
started Herceptin 4/07
radiation to lower back 8/07
reconstructive surgery 6/08
off herceptin 5/09
radiation to neck 8/09
hysterectomy 9/09
started Arimidex 10/09
off Arimidex, started Femara 3/10
linda b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:37 AM   #25
Lisajean

Dear Adrien and V-ness, the baby is my nephew. I should crop the picture so that he isn't in it. I just like this picture because, well, I was happy there and it was one week out from my first chemo, still had my hair, still looked like me, even felt like me.

I feel bad - making you think I have a child when I don't. No, I live alone and I am no hero.

Expanders are something they use to allow for reconstruction. These are placed under the pectoral muscle and expanded with saline over time to stretch the muscle to allow for an implant to be put in at a later point. I was assured this was the standard way of proceeding - mastectomy (I had option of just the right side or bi-lateral, I went for bi-lateral) with expanders placed at the same time. So, I ended up with an expander on each side.

I feel like there is an over focus on my looking normal, rather than just my healing and having the best chance of surviving. I was told that I would get through this, that it would be a rough year, year and a half, but, that I would get past it and look back on it as something that is past. I can not even imagine that now. It was nice to hear in the early days, but, a bit hard to believe in now.

Thank you for the advice on taking anti-depressants or ativan. I do have ativan, so maybe I will take that today.

I was pretty sick last night - let myself get dehydrated - maybe it was all the crying I did yesterday

My blood pressure got really low and I was upside down fast. Had the paramedics out, if you can believe that. But, I had no way to drive anywhere and it was one in the morning, so that was my only option I felt. I was pretty scared as I had pretty low blood pressure the day before and yet forget to drink much in the way of fluids Fri or Sat. - really stupid. But, everything worked out and hopefully everything else will too.

Thank you for the book recommendations Vy-ness, I really appreciate it - and since I do not have a little one - I should have time to read it.

Does anyone know of any financial resources available to cancer patients. I think that is a big part of my problem - worrying about my financial situation - keeping a roof over my head and insurance.

Thank you all so much!

Love and peace,
Lisa
Lisajean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 05:52 PM   #26
Roselle

I happen to like statistics and wanted that information given to me when I had the chance. I also kept it from my friends and family. People react differently to the same statitics. I actually was more afraid that a negative reaction of a loved one would make the information I received seem like bad news and I didn't think it was so bad. I just know that the therapies that I chose to take gave me the best odds for not recurring within 10 years. I try not to focus on the percentage of recurrance but rather on the odds of my survival. Odds are in my favor. We have to remember that being given better odds of no recurrance in 10 years versus the odds of having a recurrance is a good thing. Do we wish those odds were improved? Of course! But lets hold on to the positive side of the statistics. It isn't about living or dying, its about living until I die.

Stage IIb Grade 3 er+ pr+ Her2+++
Dx 2-10-09
Bilateral Matectomy 2-23-10
No reconstruction
TC/6 rounds finished 7-10-09
Herceptin: finish 4-2-10
Arimidex 9-9 60 mos.
Roselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 08:25 PM   #27
v-ness

here is a great little essay on statistics and cancer: http://www.ibcsupport.org/median.html

valerie
blood clot from trains and planes 5/2014 so on coumadin per onco for as long as i am on tamoxifen
tamoxifen was supposed to be up with my 5 yrs in may but my boyfriend was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer so i am staying on tamoxifen indefinitely because i want some ammo against BC, given the stress. lost my husband in only 10 wks in 2007 to stage 4 esophageal cancer.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:08 AM   #28
Nancy L

I have searched and asked several oncologists for stats on recurrence based on other factors at diagnosis like stage and ER status. Logically I know that more women diagnosed with Stage III breast cancer (like me) recur than those diagnosed with Stage I.

I believe throwing all women who receive Herceptin in the same bucket for 5 yr stats is misleading and unnecessarily frightens many women diagnosed with early stage breast cancer. Women diagnosed with Stage I disease who receive Herceptin are very fortunate and should have great hope for a long healthy life.
Nancy L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:07 PM   #29
Jann

Hi... new to group, so no picture, no stats ... but I do want to add that I have seen somewhere that Herceptin is "effective" (no explanation of exactly what that meant!) for about 75% of BC patients. I found out pretty quickly that I am one of the "unlucky 25%."

As I'm E/P - and HER2+, I was given six sessions of T/C/H --- my tumor did shrink for the first four rounds of treatment; HOWEVER, it came back to original size and grew quickly during the last two rounds. After that, I had surgery (radical mastectomy with 17/36 nodes +) and then quite a bit of radiation. A week later (by accident: x-ray for possible pneumonia) I discovered that I had numerous tumors in my lungs.

My doctor offered me a study protocol combining Tykerb and Navelbine (simultaneously). I began that and within two months I was NED (no evidence of disease)!

So, don't give up hope. I have remained fairly optimistic (or at least accepting) throughout...even when I was told that I had 2 months to 2 years to live (after the first treatment did not work). Keep positive. Look for humor anywhere you can find it.

When I lost my hair and had wisps of hair waving on top of my head, I complained to one of my chemo nurses who told me that most people did not go completely (and beautifully) bald but looked more like baby chimpanzees! Well, every time after that when I looked in a mirror I thought of a baby chimp (with a goofy grin...the chimp, not me) and laughed (maybe me, too, after all)! That really confirmed to me that attitude is everything!

Look for the positive: because of my radical mastectomy, I no longer sweat on that side, so my deodorant expenses have been cut in half! And my wig looks better than my original hair did, and I now get dressed much faster than I used to!

I also go weekly to a wonderful support group which has 10 to 20 attendees and a couple of really good therapist-leaders. I read somewhere that THOSE statistics state that people who attend support groups live twice as long as people who don't. While I'm sure that those stats relate to in-person groups, I would think that online support groups would raise statistics, too!
Jann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:00 PM   #30
Unregistered

Will need herceptin

Was told by the oncologist that I met for the first time yesterday that he recommends herception after my four rounds of AC, and four rounds of taxol. I'm progesterone and estrogen receptive, and HER2+.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:11 AM   #31
Delaney

Jann, great news that you are now NED. When were you diagnosed? Not sure that herceptin is working for me either. have been told that I am showing 'partial response'. Not good enough for me!
Lung mets shrinking.
Back on Herceptin with T/X. Partial response.
Skin mets progressing. Radiation scheduled mid february 2011.
Spot found on hip - radiation to hip beginning mid February 2011.
Now trying Gemzar/Tyverb/Herceptin and Zometa.
CT scan Feb 2011 - lung clear!
Brain mets (specks) - radiation mid Feb.
Brain Scan June'11 - Clear
CT Scan June'11 - Good - skin met active - watch and wait.
Surgery to remove skin met. Surgery to back 2012, four titanium rods inserted. Skin mets reappear. On Navelbine, not working. 4 week washout, start Myocet for skin and lung mets August 2012. Brain scan clear despte intermittent blurry vision (something hiding? Am suspicious but hopeful. )On we go, glad to be here.
Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:44 PM   #32
Unregistered

If somebody was responding to herceptin and then she is responding no more, what should she do?
Old 01-25-2011, 05:17 PM   #33
Jackie07

She probably can get Tykerb - because of the smaller molecule size, Tykerb can work when Herceptin doesn't. There are some other new medicine available also. Her doctor should help her get into some of the clinical trials.

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
Life-long Central Neurocytoma 4x5x6.5 cm 23 hrs 62090 semi-coma 10 d PT OT ST 30 d
3 Infertility tmts 99 > 3 u. fibroids > Pills
CN 3 GKRS 52301
IDC 1.2 cm Her2 +++ ER 5% R. Lmptmy SLNB+1 71703 6 FEC 33 R Tamoxifen
Recc IIB 2.5 cm Bi-L Mast 61407 2/9 nds PET
6 TCH Cellulitis - Lymphedema - compression sleeve & glove
H w x 4 MUGA 51 D, J 49 M
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
hysterectomy/oophorectomy 011410
Exemestane 25 mg tab 102912 ~ 101016 stopped due to r. hip/l.thigh pain after long walk
DEXA 1/13
1-2016 lesions in liver largest 9mm & 1.3 cm onco. says not cancer.
3-11 Appendectomy - visually O.K., a lot of puss. Final path result - not cancer.
Start Vitamin D3 and Calcium supplement (600mg x2)
10-10 Stopped Exemestane due to r. hip/l.thigh pain OKed by Onco 11-08-2016
7-23-2018 9 mm groundglass nodule within the right lower lobe with indolent behavior. Due to possible adenocarcinoma, Recommend annual surveilence.
7-10-2019 CT to check lung nodule.
1-10-2020 8mm stable nodule on R Lung, two 6mm new ones on L Lung, a possible lymph node involvement in inter fissule.
"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY." Irene from Tampa

Advocacy is a passion .. not a pastime - Joe
Jackie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:34 AM   #34
Mar16

How do you know if you are responding to Herceptin? I just had my 3rd round of TCH on Tuesday, but haven't had any tests recently that I would think would show something like this.

I'm confused and worried now, should a test be done?

Thank you for any information.
Mar
Mar16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:58 AM   #35
v-ness

you don't know. there isn't test to tell you. you just put your faith in it and think positive unless you find out otherwise. that's how i do it, anyway.

i had TCH like you, finished the H in october. clean mammo and clean MRI under my belt so far and lots of manual exams in between. are you a stage 1?

the way i've come to see it is that we didn't know in advance that we had cancer coming on, and we can't know in advance if it is recurring. all we can do is our best to keep on top of the way our bodies feel and keep current on doctor visits and meds like tamoxifen, topped off with better nutrition and exercise habits.

valerie
Old 05-19-2011, 08:29 PM   #36
candlegranny

I just finished my year of herceptin. I asked my oncologist monday what was my chances of reoccurence. He said with more than 10 lymph nodes being involved and by completeing one year of herceptin my chances of reoccurance had decreased 30%. He said my changes of reoccrence before herceptin was 80% and to make it easy math we would use 75% and with the third percentage improvement i was looking at 50%chance it would come back. i looked at it as 50% chance it would not come back. my radiologist says i have increased my chances of it not comeing back by doing radiatoin and he says maybe only 30% it will return. I am a bit confused on all this. but i am very glad they have not told me it WILL come back. my oncologist also told me with a year of herceptin it takes care of the over espression of hte cells and makes me like anyone that had breast cancer that was not her 2 neu. aNyone been told that before? My oncologist wanted to see me every 4 months but i asked for every 3 months and he agreed. I will have a PET scan and a MUGA scan before i see him in august.
2.7 cm 18/31 nodes
mets to just above collar bone ( 2 nodes showed in PET)
ER- PR - / Her2 +++ (IHC) Stage 111 C
ki-67 60% nottingham score 7
A/C chemo mar 22,2010 DD
herceptin & taxotere DD june 1,2010
finished taxotere july 12, 2010
finished herceptin 16 May 2011
PET Scan 9 Aug 10, cancer in neck is gone! NED
33 Rads completed 1 Oct 2010
PET/CT Scan 6 Jan 2011 NED
PET/CT Scan 3 Aug 2011
MUGA 59% 3/22/10 -63% 9/23/10 - 51% 1/4/11 - 55% 2/17/11 - 50% 8/3/11
26 Aug 2011 NED
20 Feb 2012 NED
5 Mar 2012 PORT OUT
12 July 2012 DIEP breast reconstruction
23 Aug 2012 NED
15 Nov 2012 new breast tweeked and natural breast uplifted and implant added
17 Feb 2013 NED
27 mar 2013 lipo suction to add fat cells to new breast in hopes for needed adjustment.

"Don't spend your time worrying about when or how you are going to die, spend your time figuring out how you are going to live today". ~Elizabeth Edwards.
candlegranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:46 AM   #37
curryalso@att.net

Thumbs up Re: percentage of those who respond to Herceptin

Candlegranny

You look and sound wonderful. I finished by herceptin in October. See my oncologist in July.
I see either my surgeon or oncologist every 3 months. I am almost 2 years NED. I believe I will continue to be NED. You have to have positive thinking no matter what - and believe me before the cancer most of my friends would have said I saw the glass half empty. Now I see it glass half full every morning I wake up.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:02 PM   #38
Mar16

V-ness,
Thanks. I was at stage 2b. So glad to hear your tests have been clean. I hope I will be saying the same in the future.

Wanted to ask, when you went to just getting the herceptin, did you have a lot of different side effects? I was reading some posts yesterday of people that had problems when they went to just the herceptin. Just wondering.

Thank you for your response.
4/5/11 - Tax,Carbo, Herceptin started 1x every 3 weeks for 6 treatemnts and will continue Herceptin for 1 year

Mar16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:38 PM   #39
KDR

Hi, LisaJean,
I lose it all the time. I admit it! It's been one year since my dx, and I still cry when I drive, take a shower, whenever, there's no set time for me. If I'm cleaning my daughter's room, that gets to me. But, after I lose it, I'm back again. We're human, we are allowed. I get a lot of inspiration from this list and I also have been down after reading some of the stats or hearing about someone who's not doing well, or worse. So, it has become my "thing" to remember Kathleen Russell Rich, so far a 20-year metastatic breast cancer survivor who seems to be thriving. It is not an easy road, it is not fair, it is ugly, but you WILL find ways (your own) to cope and fight back.

The other day I had a doctor (outside of my normal center--he was handling a clincial trial I wanted) say to me, "If Herceptin worked for you, you wouldn't be speaking to me, would you?" How does one take that? Who is he to say it doesn't work for me? I get mad, and that helps reignite my fire to fight.
Take care,
Karen
Diagnosed: June 2010, liver mets. ER-/PR+10%; HER2+++.
July 2010: Begin Taxol/Herceptin. Eliminate sugar from diet. No surgery or radiation.
January 2011: NED
April 2011: Progression in liver only. Other previous affected areas eradicated. Stop Taxol/Herceptin after 32 infusions.
May 2011: Brain MRI: clear.
May 2011: Begin Tykerb daily, Xeloda twice per day for one week on, one week off, and Herceptin.
November 2011: Progression in liver. All other tumors remain eradicated.
December 2011: BEGIN TRIAL #09-093 Taxol, MCC-DM1 (T-DM1), Perjeta.
Trial requires scans every six weeks, bloodwork and infusions weekly.
Brain MRI: clear.
January 2012: NED. Liver mets, good riddance!
March 2012: NED. Developed SMA (rare blood clot) in intestinal artery and loss of sight in right eye due to optical nerve neuropathy. Resolved when Taxol removed this month.
Continue Protocol of T-DM1 weekly and Perjeta every 3 weeks.
May 2012: NED.
June 2012: Brain MRI: clear.
June-December 2012: NED.
December 2012: TRIAL CONCLUDED; ENTER TRIAL EXTENSION #09-037. CT, Brain MRI, bone scan: clear. NED.
January-March 2013: NED.
June 2013: Brain MRI: clear. CEA upticking; CT shows new met on liver.
July 3, 2013: DISASTER STRIKES during liver ablation: sloppy surgeon cuts intercostal artery and I bleed out, lose 3.5 liters of blood, have major hemothorax, and collapsed lung requiring emergency resuscitative thoracotomy, lung surgery, rib rearrangement and cutting deep connective tissue, transfusion. Ablation incomplete. This life-saving procedure would end up causing me unforgiving pain with every movement I make, permanently, otherwise known as forever.
July 26, 2013: Try Navelbine/Herceptin. Body too weak after surgery and transfusion. Fever. CEA: Normal.
August 16, 2016: second dose Navelbine/Herceptin; CEA: Normal. Will skip doses. Watching and waiting.
September 2013: NED, Herceptin only. CEA: Normal. Started Arimidex.
October-November 2013: NED. Herceptin and Arimidex. CEA, CA125, 15-3: Normal.
December 2013: Something brewing. PET lights up on little spot on liver; CEA upward trend, just outside normal. PET and triphasic liver scan confirm Little Met. Restart Perjeta with Herceptin, stay on Arimidex. Genomic sequencing completed for future treatments, if necessary.
January 2014: Ablate Little Met on the 6th. Happy New Year.
March 2014: Brain MRI: clear. PET/CT reveal liver mets return; new lung mets. This is not funny.
March 2014: BEGIN TRIAL #10-005 A(11)-Temsirolimus plus Neratinib.
April 2014: Genomic testing indicated they could work, they did not. Very strange drug combo for me, felt weird.
April 2014: Started Navelbine and Herceptin. Needed something tried and true, but had significant progression.
June 2014: Doxil and Herceptin.
July 2014: Progression. Got nothing out of it. Brain: NED.
July 2014: Add integrative medical hematologist-oncologist to my team. Begin supplements. These are tumor-busting, immune system boosters. Add glutathione, lysine and taurine IV infusions every three weeks.
July 2014: Begin Gemzar, Herceptin & Perjeta. Happy.
August 2014: ECHO perfect.
January 2015: Begin weekly Vitamin D Analog infusions. 25 mcg. via port.
February 2015: CT: stable.
April 2015: Gem working, but not 100%. Looking into immunotherapy. Finally, treatments for the 21st century!
April 2015: Penn Medicine. Dendritic cell immunotherapy.
KDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:00 AM   #40
Unregistered

Im three years 9mo out and Ive been able to let go of all the percentages because I asked my Onc how many woman He has seen reoccur since Herceptin has been used on early stage Breast Cancer. His answer; One. One person reoccurring when those chemo rooms are packed. Its been just great being able to live and not worry so much. God Bless