HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-28-2005, 11:59 AM   #1
Alice

Question advice on diet & recipies anyone?

Hi there, Since we are all doing whatever it takes to help prevent recurrance I am trying to do my best with my diet. Sad face because I LOVE all the baad stuf.I have tried to read about the best things to eat and not eat but I seem to run into conflicting information. Some say soy is good some say to avoid it. Also the same with fax oil. Now I read that flax oil isn't helpful but flax seed itself is.Good oils!
Bad oils!
What to do? Which is correct? Do they even Know?
I'm er/pr- so the estrogen factor in food won't affect me.I also would like any suggestions on good recapie books since I'm new to this watch what goes in thing. I've never payed much attention other than taste.Now I'm at a loss to find new things that don't taste like cardboard!!!On another note my eyesight has gotten so bad can someone tell me what the heck these 2 icons stand for?

Have a great day,Alice

Last edited by Alice; 10-28-2005 at 12:01 PM..
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 03:47 PM   #2
Christine
Founder - HER2 Support Group

Diet & recipes

In short the most anti -cancer veggies and fruits are dark green leafy , any Red or Orage colored fruits or veg. and spices such as curry and tumeric, rosemary, berries, winter sqash, and yams. Natural almonds are also great for snacks. Flax seed oil w/ lignans is said to be a cellular therapy, besides soy products. Being ER- may be a good thing as soy can be taken in moderation. Sugar and alcohol can be culprits in feeding the cancer cells , especially if you don't have a good diet to keep your body properly nouished and your immune system up.
What is generally recommended is a WIDE VARIETY OF FRUITS and VEGGIES, AND DON'T FORGET WHOLE GRAINS, all kinds, and LEGUMES, such as beans, lentils, chickpeas, and Berries, seeds such as pumkin, and sesame.
Try getting recipes that use olive oil also and use lots of toamtoes.
Hopes I helped. Recipes can be found on our site and on the internet.
Have fun getting into a new way of eating.
Hugs, Christine
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 04:37 PM   #3
RhondaH

The Breast Cancer Diet

First of all the symbols stand for thumbs up and thumbs down. I do the below diet 6 of 7 days ( I give myself 1 cheat day a week and even on that day I still drink a TBS of olive oil and drink the shake...my 4 yo likes the shake AND I still eat a little red meat as I am allergic to fowl so I am limited, but have cut it down to half portions). My dietician uses the below authoress' book as a reference and I know if I've had questions, I've emailed Diana directly and she has been most gracious in her reply. All of what Christine recommended is in the diet and what I do is a variety of it all. I also attached Dianes website where there are recipes and recommended cookbooks. Good luck and good health.

Rhonda Hoffman

http://www.prevention.com/article/0,...-270-1,00.html?

and

www.cancerrd.com
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 04:55 PM   #4
Alice

Smile

Thank you so much for your replies these sites are just what I needed.
I do a little more each day and now I can look foreward to playing with my food just like when I was a kid!
After I asked about the icons I realized what they were-chemo brain strikes again!
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote