HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-23-2004, 03:30 AM   #1
AlaskaAngel

I have read Jane Plant's book as she has some credibility as a researcher. All of us tend to look for a few simple ways to try to do what we can on our own to avoid having cancer. The problem as I see it is that there are many different types of bc (I don't mean "types" just as in lobular or invasive, I mean types as in each of us having cancer with different characteristics, all of the way from HER2 yes/no to the part of the breast where it is found...). Because there are so many combinations of these differences in each one of us, there probably isn't going to be a simple, convenient solution that will work for each one of us. For myself it means learning what a variety of "experts" have to say about what to do and what to avoid, and then trying to put together as best I can what makes sense to me.

I do not think that modern medicine has focused on diet anywhere near as much as it should. Modern medicine is far too inter-related with money-making chemical manufacturing and money-making medical machinery (including various forms of radiation).
Old 08-23-2004, 08:09 AM   #2
Jackie

I am convinced that the American diet has contributed significantly to why we're all in this boat to begin with! The traditional Asian diet did not include any dairy products at all and the incidents of cancer are far less than in this country.