HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2013, 09:35 PM   #1
NEDenise

Unhappy Hospital AGAIN! But you'll never guess why!

So...a "funny" thing happened on the way to the bathroom on Monday morning...

Okay...so it wasn't funny, but I'm no Mel Brooks...so I'll just cut to the chase and tell it my way!

Remember just before Christmas, and my family's trip to Florida...I hurt my back? Well...three weeks after that treatment and recovery...the act of standing up and walking from my bed to the bathroom...completely blew out one of the disks in my spine. OOOOUUUCCCHHHH!

I've given birth twice, struggled with migraines and endometriosis for 30 years, I've shattered my wrist...had it rebuilt, had a double mastectomy and reconstruction - that had to be repaired twice...and the list goes on. But I can assure you that I have never ever had pain like the pain I've suffered through since Monday. It's a searing, burning pain that goes across my left hip, and down the front of my thigh. It is unrelenting, and no amount of morphine, oxycontin, steroids, or prayer seem to have an effect that lasts more than about 90 minutes.

I was hoping for more epidural injections and then I'd go my merry way. Uh-Uh. This time they say surgery is the only relief I'm going to get.

Can you believe the %*$#(* luck I have?!!

And the worst part is...since I just went back to work in September...as of Monday, all my sick days will be used up. My HR director is Satan's spawn...and has denied me leave without pay to get my remaining H infusions during the rest of the year. I may have to go out on long term disability again ( for which I receive 66% pay...but 0% for the first 90 days - yes, that's right that means no pay for me until next September!) because I need 4 half days of leave. She also made it quite clear that under the Family/Medical leave act, you must have worked 12 consecutive months to qualify...and I've only worked 7 since returning,

What a &^%%$! She sent me an email - remember, she knows I'm laying in a hospital bed - her email stated how many leave days I have left, and reminded me that she has not yet received my doctor's note. No mention of my pain or illness. No kind regards or get well wishes. Again, I say, what a &^$$%!

Too drugged up to think it all through clearly - ME, NOT her - so like Scarlett O'Hara - I'll think about that tomorrow.

Please pray for some pain relief. Please pray for some better way to solve my need for leave. Please pray I don't "go postal" because of the pain and the frustration combined.

On a happy note...all the docs and staff have been great! What a blessing!
Hugs to all! Thanks for letting me get that off my chest!
Denise
4/12/11-A/C x 4, then T/H x 4, H only,Q3 weeks
8/26/11 finished Taxol!!!
10/7/11 mastectomy/DIEP recon
11/11 radiation x28
1/12/12 1st CANCER-VERSARY!
1/12 Low EF/Herceptin "Holiday" :(
2/12 EF up - Back on Herceptin, heart meds
4/2/1212 surgery to repair separated incision from DIEP recon
6/8/12 Return to work :)
6/17/12 Fall, shatter wrist,surgery to repair/insert plate :(
7/10/12 last Herceptin
7/23/12 Brain Mets %$&#! 3cm and 1cm
8/10/12 Gamma knife surgery, LOTS of steroids;start H/Tykerb
8/23/12 Back to work
12/20/12 Injure back-3 weeks in wheel chair
1/12/13 2nd CANCER-VERSARY!
1/14/13 herniate disk in back - surgery to repair
1/27/13 Radiation necrosis - edema in brain - back on steroids - but not back to work - off balance, poor cordination in right arm
5/3/13 Start Avastin to shrink necrosis
5/10/13 begin weaning steroids
6/18/13 Brain MRI - Avastin seems to be working!
6/20/13 quarterly CT - chest, abdomen, pelvis - All Clear!
7/5/13 finally off steroids!!
7/7/13 joined the ranks of the CHEMO NINJAS I am now Tekuto Ki Ariku cancer assassin!
7/13/13 Symptoms return - back on steroids
7/26/13 Back on Avastin - try again!
8/26/13 Not ready to return to classroom yet :( But I CAN walk without holding onto things! :)
9/9/13 Brain MRI - fingers crossed
“ Life is a grindstone, and whether it grinds you down or polishes you up is for you, and you alone, to decide. ” – Cavett Robert
NEDenise is offline   Reply With Quote