HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Events and Social Calendar
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Events and Social Calendar Post events which will be of interest to our members no matter how large or small. You may also add them to our calendar as an additional reminder.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:58 AM   #1
Jackie07

Living Beyond Breast Cancer events

New Transcripts on lbbc.org

Visit our Web site to download these recently posted transcripts:
Medical Update for Young Women with Eric P. Winer, MD. In this publication, one of the nation’s leading oncologists gives an overview of available treatments for premenopausal women and discusses medicines and methods under study. Dr. Winer focuses on the importance of tailoring treatments to breast cancer type and supporting research specific to young women. In his review of options for estrogen receptor-positive disease, he discusses tamoxifen, ovarian suppression and a recent study of aromatase inhibitors, chemotherapy and zoledronic acid. Understand why your doctor might recommend chemotherapy for triple-negative, HER2 positive or lymph node-positive breast cancer; and learn about the tests used to screen the tumor’s HER2 status.
Gaining a Better Understanding: Breast Cancer and the Environment with Janet Gray, PhD. This beginner's guide to environmental issues and breast cancer reviews the research and how it is conducted, and helps you learn how to use what is known to lower your exposure to pollutants. This publication includes a link to "Critical Periods of Breast Development," a multimedia presentation developed at Vassar that explains the role of environmental pollutants in breast development and breast cancer.

Upcoming Teleconferences at New Evening Time

Register now for our free teleconference series, Advanced Breast Cancer: Living Well Through Information and Support, on Wednesday, October 14, Wednesday, October 21, and Thursday, November 5. All teleconferences will be held from 7:00 p.m. to 8:15 p.m. Eastern Time (ET). Part 1, Treatment Update: Medical and Quality-of-Life News, will provide you with information on recent clinical trial findings and the latest research. Speaker William J. Gradishar, MD, FACP, will give you practical advice on how to manage symptoms and side effects.
During Part 2, speaker Patricia S. Steeg, PhD, will talk about Research and You: Understanding Clinical Trials.
In Part 3, Living Fully: Making Treatment Decisions, speaker Lillie D. Shockney, RN, BS, MAS, will discuss how to have the best quality of life while living with advanced breast cancer.
Visit our Web site for more information.

PHILADELPHIA AREA PROGRAMS AND EVENTS
Navigating the System: What You Need to Know

Register now for our next free networking meeting, Navigating the System: What You Need to Know, on Tuesday, September 29, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel in Philadelphia .
Kathryn Noble, LCSW, will discuss the medical, emotional and financial challenges of breast cancer, including:
  • How patient navigators and social workers can help you overcome these challenges
  • How to access information about your diagnosis, treatment and follow-up care
  • How to get answers to your financial and health insurance concerns in order to improve your quality of life

Join Us for a Night Out!
Put on your stilettos and get ready for a night out with the girls! On Wednesday, October 7, Julie’s Bottega in Bala Cynwyd , Pennsylvania , will host a Girl’s Night Out shopping event to benefit LBBC. The event will start at 5:00 p.m., and shoppers will receive a 10 percent discount off purchases. An additional 10 percent of every purchase will benefit LBBC’s education and support programs. If you can’t make it to this event, don’t worry! Stop by Julie’s Bottega anytime on October 7, mention Living Beyond Breast Cancer and your purchase will be included in the donation.

Renew, Restore and Support LBBC

Join Karen Gagnier, a woman affected by breast cancer and Om Women Cancer Survivors (WCS) certified yoga instructor, for yoga classes designed to help renew and restore the body and mind during and after cancer. Classes are held Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:30 p.m. to 2:45 p.m. at Focus Fitness in Bryn Mawr , Pennsylvania . Tuesday classes will be free of charge, but donations are encouraged. Thursday classes will be at the drop-in rate of $17. A portion of the proceeds will benefit LBBC.

Upcoming Programs and Events

10/3 LBBC’s Butterfly Ball ( Philadelphia , PA )
10/20 Pain Management for Early-Stage and Advanced Breast Cancer
(regional netowrking meeting, West Conshohocken , PA )
11/14 LBBC’s Annual Fall Conference ( Philadelphia , PA )
Ongoing Shop to Support LBBC

Warmly,
Jean
Jean A. Sachs, MSS, MLSP
LBBC Chief Executive Officer
Toll-free Survivors’ Helpline: (888) 753-LBBC (5222)
354 West Lancaster Ave, Suite 224
Haverford, PA 19041

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
Life-long Central Neurocytoma 4x5x6.5 cm 23 hrs 62090 semi-coma 10 d PT OT ST 30 d
3 Infertility tmts 99 > 3 u. fibroids > Pills
CN 3 GKRS 52301
IDC 1.2 cm Her2 +++ ER 5% R. Lmptmy SLNB+1 71703 6 FEC 33 R Tamoxifen
Recc IIB 2.5 cm Bi-L Mast 61407 2/9 nds PET
6 TCH Cellulitis - Lymphedema - compression sleeve & glove
H w x 4 MUGA 51 D, J 49 M
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
hysterectomy/oophorectomy 011410
Exemestane 25 mg tab 102912 ~ 101016 stopped due to r. hip/l.thigh pain after long walk
DEXA 1/13
1-2016 lesions in liver largest 9mm & 1.3 cm onco. says not cancer.
3-11 Appendectomy - visually O.K., a lot of puss. Final path result - not cancer.
Start Vitamin D3 and Calcium supplement (600mg x2)
10-10 Stopped Exemestane due to r. hip/l.thigh pain OKed by Onco 11-08-2016
7-23-2018 9 mm groundglass nodule within the right lower lobe with indolent behavior. Due to possible adenocarcinoma, Recommend annual surveilence.
7-10-2019 CT to check lung nodule.
1-10-2020 8mm stable nodule on R Lung, two 6mm new ones on L Lung, a possible lymph node involvement in inter fissule.
"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY." Irene from Tampa

Advocacy is a passion .. not a pastime - Joe
Jackie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:33 PM   #2
Jackie07

Re: Living Beyond Breast Cancer events

Upcoming events hosted by LBBC:

http://us.mg203.mail.yahoo.com/dc/la...=fe8nev5d93v2q

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
Life-long Central Neurocytoma 4x5x6.5 cm 23 hrs 62090 semi-coma 10 d PT OT ST 30 d
CN 3 GKRS 52301
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
Exemestane 25 mg tab 102912 ~ 101016 stopped due to r. hip/l.thigh pain after long walk
DEXA 1/13
3-11 Appendectomy - visually O.K., a lot of puss. Final path result - not cancer.
7-23-2018 9 mm groundglass nodule within the right lower lobe with indolent behavior. Due to possible adenocarcinoma, Recommend annual surveilence.
1-10-2020 8mm stable nodule on R Lung, two 6mm new ones on L Lung, a possible lymph node involvement in inter fissule.
"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY." Irene from Tampa

Old 03-22-2010, 02:09 PM   #3
Jackie07

Re: Living Beyond Breast Cancer events

When I found out about my recurrence in 2007, I was quite devastated. My 2nd Sister's 2nd Sister-in-law lives in New Jersey and gave me a contact of LBBC's Asian contact person. She called and exchanged e-mails with me several times until last year when she had an operation for the more than 10-year old tumor on her chest. Her last name is Fong. And I really like to find out how she's doing right now.

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
CN 3 GKRS 52301
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
DEXA 1/13