HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-03-2006, 09:03 PM   #1
Yorkiegirl

Well Darn

I have to have a biopsy on my left breast because of the increased micro calcifications that showed on the Mammogram I had done last Thursday. It's only been 10 months since the last Mammo and Dx of BC on my right side.All I know is IF THEY WOULD HAVE LISTENED to me the first go around it would have come off as well, and I wouldn't have to go thru having the bejebbers scared out of me all the time. I am going to push to possibly have it done. I'm not sure when the biopsy is going to be done, it has to go thru the channels of getting authorizied thru the Ins. Co., then I will have a consult appt. with the surgeon and then go from there.

I AM MAD, ANGRY and just have to vent. I HATE CANCER SO MUCH.

I think I'm going to bed, and sleep for 20 hours. LOL

Vicki
Yorkiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 04:56 AM   #2
jhandley

Hi Yorkie girl

I know how you feel. I wanted my breast off the first time..talked out of it..then this year I said it is not right..microcalc...biopsy..4 x 2 cm lump and one spot on liver. I think if I had the breast off in the first place perhaps it may not have gone to the liver.

Jackie
jhandley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 07:19 AM   #3
DeborahNC

I'm sorry you must deal with this all over again, Yorkiegirl. I've always felt that had I done the mastectomy route the first time perhaps I would not be dealing with this recurrence now.

I had lumpectomy with rads (comedo DCIS) in Sept. 2003, Recurred 9/05 with very small IDC and DCIS, Stage 1,neg nodes, Her+++, ER+/PR-, Grade 2 and insisted they surgeon take both breasts. It may be easier for some than it was for me, but when mammogram time came around every few months I was just a wreck for weeks prior. I remember looking at my surgeon and just saying 'contralateral' and he replied that by looking into my eyes when I said it, he knew that's what I wanted. Apparently, he wrote what the insurance company needed to hear as there has never been any question and those claims have been paid.

All the best to you and ((hugs)).
DeborahNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 10:07 AM   #4
TriciaK

I hope today is a better day,Yorkiegirl, and you did get some good sleep! I have always believed that, no matter what they say, the mastectomy route is the way to go to be sure they get it all. I think that is one of the reasons why I have lived 20 years fighting cancer. When I was first diagnosed in 1985 mastectomies were "out of fashion" and lumpectomies were in. My sister was in her 7th year of fighting cancer and died later that year. When I called her to tell her my diagnosis she was adament about my doing a full modified radical and not a lumpectomy. I followed her advice, and since the other breast showed calcification, had that removed, too. I have never regretted it, and think I am still alive because of that decision. Listen to your body and make the doctors listen to you! Hang in there and keep on keeping on! And I love the picture of your yorkies! Hugs, Tricia
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote