HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-15-2005, 02:00 PM   #1
Yvonne38

Question Herceptin and Pamidronate

Hi
I saw my oncologist yesterday and I am due to go on Herceptin treatment next monday and I am very nervous.
I wondered if there is anybody here who is on Herceptin AND Pamidronate?? I am going to have both treatments, the Pamidronate is to help my bones because I have secondary breast cancer in my bones.
I just would appreciate any advice or experiences that anybody who is on BOTH drugs could share with me.Are there any major side effects with the Pamidronate??Is there anything that I could do to help reduce any side effects??
Any help/advice/support would be gratefully appreciated and I want to also say a BIG thank you to all of you who have responded to my earlier posts. It does help to know that I am not alone.Thank you for listening.
take care everybody and I look forward to hearing from you
hugs
Yvonne
Yvonne38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 09:05 PM   #2
tammymarie1971

Hi Yvonne, I am on herceptin and zometa,from what I understand zometa is the same as pamidronate but it has a shorter run time. I think pam. takes 45mins to go through and zometa runs for 15. Anyway, I do have a friend on pam. and she's been on it for 4yrs and it has done great things for her and it is very tolerable. I suspect you'll probably feel flu like symptoms for a day or 2 and some tiredness, but I found that with each treatment it got easier and easier. It is doable...I can still manage my four kids,the house and everything in between.(for the most part) I hope this helps...
Tammy
Dx'd Dec'01 while 6mos preg. with #4. child (30yrsold)Mastectomy/AC chemo/radiation/ Recur:Mar'04 liver mets: 3 taxol/herceptin /liver resection/3 taxol/herceptin. Cured?
Recur: May'05 spine & Hip. New onc
treatment in Mexico Feb'06-Mar-06
back to Mexico June/July '06
Currently on herceptin/Zometa/Femara-recently added navelbine
Switched to arimidex Nov'06
ovaries removed June '07
ca15-3 in May'06 was 102
ca15-3 summer of '07 holding steady at 23!
ca15-3 slowly rising Dec & Jan 36, 38, 41 and Feb was 36
Feb '08 Liver, lung & Brain scan NED... bones are stable with even a couple spots gone. as compared with '06 scans
May '08 ca 15-3 is 55. Treatment is zometa, vinorelbine, herceptin and aromasin.
No signifcant changes.
Feb'09 Started Xeloda with herceptin..no more hormonals
Feb'09-June'09 tumor markers coming down again from 155 to 84
May'09 blood clots in lungs vena cava filter put in..Heparin shots daily for now.
tammymarie1971 is offline   Reply With Quote