HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2014, 12:59 PM   #1
CarolineC

Manifestation

Hi,

I will post under an existing thread I started, but I want to share some news.

In my September CT scan I was surprised to find that the adrenal mass (didn't know I had one) had enlarged and was invading the kidney. I have posted before about having bad reactions to the contrast dye for months after a scan and after September's the whites of my eyes went red and I was shaking with blood pressure problems for months. I spoke with a nutritionist at InspireHealth who recommended I take 1/4 tsp good quality sea salt in my food and drink all day and after about a month my bp was better and an achiness in my lower back that I'd had for 1 1/2 years (starting after my first post chemo scan) went away. Unfortunately my Herceptin treatment was delayed at that time because my ejection fraction went down. That was in Oct/Nov.

In January I had another CT scan but didn't have the oral contrast, "only" the IV that showed the adrenal gland had still grown but the central calcification was stable. The progression into the kidney was mildly progressed. The nutritionist recommended certain things for my liver and adrenals and I also have implemented things from a book on adrenal fatigue.

On March 31 I had an MRI without contrast or an injection of an anti-spasmodic to slow my innards for imaging. I looked up the injection and it stated that it could cause tachycardia and painful red eye with possible loss of vision and to seek medical attention if this happened, and to be careful if you have glaucoma. Well, in 2007 I almost lost my eyesight because of narrow angle glaucoma. Before I was to have my scan I talked to the nurses and explained how I didn't want the injection because of the info I had read. They asked what symptoms I had and I explained I had heart racing, pain in my head and almost lost my sight. Didn't get the injection. Yay!

On April 1 I had my appointment with my rad onc because he was the one to kindly order the MRI. I drove 3 1/2 hours away to have the MRI and to see him. I was very scared before I saw him and didn't know what to expect. My way of coping is to always expect the worst, because when I have expected the best I have always been crushed when it's bad news.

I deliberated about having my head in my hands looking down while he told me the news, but I kept my head up.

He said the adrenal gland has grown....1 mm in 2 1/2 months, the central calcification is looking like necrosis and the kidney progression is the same. I think that's what he said, I'm trying to get the report and it's taking a while.

So I see this as good news. My only concern is my TMs have been rising and I am in still in severe pain. My Herceptin was delayed again in Feb and I think my sternum is acting up big time. I've only had one reloading and two regular infusions since the delayed one and each time I get slighter better, but I am very frustrated. I was stable in my sternum, not healed, and my treatment was delayed twice. On top of that, I had an appt with my onc at a BC Cancer Agency and she said they don't delay metastatic breast cancer patients based on fluctuations in their echos.

I just have to hope that I will heal but it's very hard when I spend most of my time on the couch with a heating pad or going to massage to alleviate the pain.

Anyway, each day whether I mumble it or say it clearly I state "Every day in every way I am getting better and better and stronger and stronger" and at least in one part of my body maybe it's finally becoming a manifestation.
4 x AC, 4 x Paclitaxol and H (Neupogen for 7 cycles), Herceptin complete Nov 10
Mar–Apr 2010 25 Rads
Apr 10-Oct 11- Tamoxifen
Oct 11 – 3 cm met to sternum
Oct 11-Letrozole for 3 mths, start Clasteon-bone remodeller
Nov-Dec 11 - Happy 50th Birthday -20 rads to sternum
Jan-April 2012 Taxotere/Herceptin-6 cycles (Neupogen for 5)
Herceptin every 3 weeks-Letrozole added Nov 2012
CarolineC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:22 PM   #2
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Re: Manifestation

Hi Caroline,

So sorry you are in pain. That sucks. ?? Mass pressing??
I am glad you are in touch w/InspireHealth and that you are MANIFESTING!

You can think your mantra, say it aloud or whisper it -- and it will be heard, by your body and by the Universe. Both will sense it and respond!! I love your:
"Every day in every way I am getting better and better and stronger and stronger"...

I would try putting my hand on the spot where the pain is and tell it emphatically, "HEAL!!" Send the message. Make your Expectation and your Intention vividly clear. Feel free to elaborate and add your own twist!

Good for you, Caroline.

When I was on Vitamin H my ev 6 mnth ECHOs had me down to 50 (from 65) -- EF (ejection fraction). I was told if I dropped below 50 I would not be able to get H.

I was taking Co Enzyme Q10 (150 mg twice a day) and Perfusia (per my nut onc -- oncologist who specializes in cutting edge nutrition/supplements).

Well, they stopped making Perfusia so now that doc recommends ARGENINE -- which is what Perfusia was. I think I use Dr. Best -- 500 mg X 2 on an empty stomach, so I take it first thing in the A.M. It is both sustained and slow release, which I think covers all bases and is therefore more beneficial than the original.

Do you get a copy of every report? I learned to do that. Cause just hearing this or that summarizing the report doesn't do it for me. Surprising that you were surprised, for example, that you had an adrenal mass and that is enlarged. Invading the kidney. That cannot be good. Is that the source of the pain?

Direct it to SHRINK. GO AWAY! That's what I'd do, crazy as it sounds. It's the body's job to follow your commands. So I hate when I hear someone say, jokingly, that something is going to give them a heart attack. NO FUNNY!!! I don't think so. And neither does your body!! It seems it has no sense of humor. It's quite literal. It functions as doing as directed. It doesn't judge, it just obeys.

And the Universe also offers it's assistance with your specific Intentions and Expectations made clear.

I'd love to hear what to do with adrenal fatigue!!!!!! Please share, Caroline.

Sooo glad you were on top of the anti-spasmodic injection and it's side effects and that the nurses heeded your call for help! Good job!

I had to laugh at your reference to putting your head in your hands, cause my husband does this and it drives me nuts. I always ask, What????? What's going on???? He says, nothing. And, of course, I do not believe him.

Necrotic tissue is a good thing. I stilllllll, after all these years, have them spotting my liver, and I am told (since '99) that I am STABLE. It took them a while (3 independent radiologists reporting) to get 2 of the 3 to declare what they were looking at were not tumors but the dead remains of tumors. Cyst-like, filled w/fluid. I agree with you, this is good news!

Don't "hope" you will heal -- KNOW IT -- is my best advice. Massage sounds good. Can acupuncture help? Find a really good one. Any reiki therapists out there???

Please keep us posted on YOU, Caroline.

I am sending healing energy up there to you from down here in Fl. I am also sending gentle hugs and love,

ANDI
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 02:11 PM   #3
Pray

Re: Manifestation

I am also sorry your in pain. Please know that you and your family are in my prayers. Most of the time that is all I have to offer. Gods blessings are truly all around us.
Her2 +3
4/12 nodes
6 rounds TCH
Herceptin 12 months 3weeks
Rad. 30 tx
Tamoxifin 6 months stopped
Arimedex stopped 9/12 (side effects)
Aromasin 10/12
Pray is offline   Reply With Quote