HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2010, 05:35 PM   #1
Chelee

Changes to my Navelbine & now side affects...

My onc started me off on wkly Navelbine. Did it that way for 3 wks. Counts tanked quickly so she did reduce dosage a couple times. But I had no problems at all with it and felt pretty good for someone on chemo. (Navelbine/Herceptin/Zometa)

But now my onc is on vacation for a month and she decided to give me a 2 wk dose of Navelbine. This was recommended by the 2nd opinion onc I saw at City of Hope. Since I went from wkly to a 2 wk dose I feel awful. Main complaints are nauseated, constipation and jaw pain.

My onc wrote a script for "Lactulose" for the constipation. But I have doubled what it says to take...on top of taking Senokot and nothing works! I'm sick of taking this Lactulose because it's like drinking pure syrup. Makes me want to throw up just thinking about it. But I wasn't having any problems with nausea on the one wk dose...now I feel sick all the time. Started feeling nauseated 4 days after my infusion. What's strange is I'll feel hungry...then I'll go eat something that's very bland and safe...then I get really sick. I've had absolutely no food today at all because I feel so sick. But it's making me weak not eating. I need to find a way to eat because I feel sicker when I've had nothing. I'm playing heck even drinking my water...I'm a big water drinker normally. (I started taking Zofran & Compazine yesterday & it helps for a while...but I still don't feel up to eating.)

Did anyone else on Navelbine have these problems? Especially the "extreme" constipation and nausea? I'd rather go back to wkly because this is awful. (Plus I have bad jaw pain on both sides. Is this from Navelbine or from the Zometa?) Worries me.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote