HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2019, 09:31 AM   #1
Mjo212

Microcalcifications

Has anyone had microcalifications on lumpectomy scar after long term NED? I have to go back for more imaging after 13 years of clean mammos. Hmmmm, 13. I had aggressive treatment for a small tumor in 2005 -- chemo, hercep, radiation and 5 years of estrogen blocker. Nervous because calcium is at site of my tumor.
Mjo212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 10:57 AM   #2
Laurel

Re: Microcalcifications

MJo,

I have not, but will pray this is a big nothing burger! Please keep us informed as we will all learn something here. I hope others who have experienced something similar will chime in soon for you.

Smile On!
Laurel

Dx'd w/multifocal DCIS/IDS 3/08
7mm invasive component
Partial mast. 5/08
Stage 1b, ER 80%, PR 90%, HER-2 6.9 on FISH
0/5 nodes
4 AC, 4 TH finished 9/08
Herceptin every 3 weeks. Finished 7/09
Tamoxifen 10/08. Switched to Femara 8/09
Bilat SPM w/reconstruction 10/08
Clinical Trial w/Clondronate 12/08
Stopped Clondronate--too hard on my gizzard!
Switched back to Tamoxifen due to tendon pain from Femara

15 Years NED
I think I just might hang around awhile....

Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 02:26 PM   #3
Lien

Haven't had that happen to me. Had some biopsies over the years because of iffy mammo's or ultrasounds. They all turned out to be B9. Hope you are fine too.
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 03:00 PM   #4
tricia keegan

me neither so can't help but hoping it's nothing sinister. I was diagnosed the same year, sending good wishes and please keep us posted as think we're writing the next chapter of herceptin as some of the first to get it for early stage cancer.
Rads x 36 ..oophorectomy August '06
Currently taking Arimidex..
June 2011 osteopenia/ zometa x1 yearly- stopped Zometa 2015 as Dexa show normal bone density.
Stopped Arimidex July 2014- Restarted Arimidex 2015 for a further two years on the advice of my Onc.
2014 Normal Dexa scan
2018 Mammo all clear, still NED!
tricia keegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 01:14 PM   #5
Mjo212

Some of you know me as MJo. I didn't think my old login would still be here when I posted, so I became MJo212. I got more 3D mammography imaging today and the radiologist said the calcification hasn't changed in 3 weeks so come back in 6 months for another mammogram.

I see the oncologist for a follow up in three weeks, and he lets me read the reports. I'll discuss this with him. I might consider paying for my own mammo in 3 months, depending on my discussion with onc.
Old 12-04-2019, 09:21 AM   #6
Mjo212

PTSD is real. For the first time in 13 years I did not have a clear mammogram, and I flashed back to 2005 and my diagnosis of cancer. It wasn't logical, but PTSD is not logical. For me, lack of information is worse than information overload. Learning that I had calcification on or near my lumpectomy scar frightened me, although the oncologist and radiologist seemed pretty casual and told me not to worry about it. Hah! The remedy was going to the hospital's medical records dept. and getting copies of my mammogram reports. I have three calcifications of a shape that is considered harmless, with a 0-2% chance of developing cancer. Now I can relax -- but not completely. Especially since I know the 1% person who developed bone mets from DCIS. (She is living comfortably after 10 years of mets, travelling and enjoying her grandchild.) This experience was a lesson to me. I still carry the trauma of cancer diagnosis and treatment. I got high anxiety when faced with my calcification diagnosis and alternated beer and xanax until I got enough information to satisfy me. It's my new normal. Bless us all.
Old 12-04-2019, 01:36 PM   #7
Donna H

I agree - I'd rather know more than be in the dark. This diagnosis, and all that follows, is the gift that keeps on giving it seems! But you sound like you have a great attitude and great spirit. Keep the faith (and the beer and Xanax if needed)!
Donna H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 03:37 PM   #8
CutiePie

I had micro-calcifications in my left breast 11 years before my BC was diagnosed (left breast). Wonder if it was an early warning of what was coming.
Keep the faith, sending prayers your way.
Chemo ACT, Rads, Herceptin for 10 months
Genetic testing 2008 BRACA 2 positive
Oopthectomy in 2008
Bilateral Mastectomy 2010, Reconstruction with expanders then silicone implants.
CutiePie is offline   Reply With Quote