HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2012, 01:36 PM   #1
Nana2three

Herceptin as monotherapy - no chemo

I am starting a new thread and although I see some mention taking only herceptin, it is hard to tell if this is the first and only treatment you've had.

Dx. Jan. 2012 IDC .8cm tumor, Stage 1, Grade 3, ER, PR, and Her2 postive No lymph node involvment
Masectomy - right breast

I am 70 and have MS. MS is basically stable and mostly have balance, tingling, numbness, and invisible symptoms.

After seeing 3 oncologists they have agreed TCH would be best but the MS would be aggravated by the chemo. So the agreement was Herceptin alone and Arimidex for 5 years. I had my first treatment yesterday. The infusion was uneventful. 1 hr. later I started with 100 degree temp, chills, and felt like I had a bad case of flu. Took 2 tylenol and slept thru the night. Today I am fine except my walking is stiff and eyesight not as clear. The chills and fever lasted approximately 5 hrs.

I am scheduled for herceptin on a 21 day cycle. I'm feeling positive that this is the best plan for me. I really am interested in hearing info from others than did not do the chemo and did herceptin work for you. There is a clinical trial ongoing in Japan with just herceptin and women over 70. No data is in yet but it started in 2009 and will run until 2014.

Blessings to all of you and will offer support anyway I can. I feel this is the best decision for me and don't want to second guess myself but the questions still swirl around in my head.
Nana2three is offline   Reply With Quote