HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-29-2004, 01:28 AM   #61
Anonymous

a
Old 09-29-2004, 02:26 AM   #62
arati

to think i ddidn't know what wbr was last week.. discovered on sat i had multiple brain mets but tiny .. have been put on 12 days radiation wbr for a total of 30 grays which is diff from most other amounts and days i hv read on this site..does wbr kill the cancer cells forever or just slow thm down.. onc feels i can go to china after resting for a week ..what do u thinkeen .. ont
Old 09-29-2004, 06:20 AM   #63
Lolly

Arati, I'm not sure if it kills them forever, but judging by what others have posted it's sure possible. Probably won't know the full story until it's all completed and enough time has passed that scans can detect a difference in size, etc. So glad for you that they've been caught so early, that's very good. Sending good, healing thoughts your way.

Love,
Lolly
Old 10-08-2004, 09:06 AM   #64
lindaw

Dear All
Just a minor thing I know but just wondered. It is my 4th round of xeloda and I have past the peeling hands feet mostly only now my feet are incredibly itchy. I love to walk on carpet and the back verandah where the wood is raised and move my feet from side to side to relieve them Does this mean they will peel again?
Anyone have any experience with this - they keep me awake at night rubbing/itching etc.

love
linda
Old 10-08-2004, 03:58 PM   #65
Christine

Linda,
I have never had Xeloda, but Taxol did brutal things to my feet and ankels. There are many reasons for itchy skin on the feet, such as edema or swelling, healing process or becoming more allergy sensitive to the amount you are taking. Benedryl may help in that case, BUT ASK YOUR ONC What the condtion is knowing what I feel it could be; he should be able to tell you.
Old 10-09-2004, 08:44 AM   #66
lindaw

Dear Christine
Thanks - I will ask him.

love
lindaw
Old 10-12-2004, 11:16 AM   #67
Jackie

Not sure what's in store for me next. My onc wanted to discuss diff drugs with my cardiologist since they all include cardiac toxicity issues of some sort. I'm sure I will get called in later in the week to go over the options. And, I hate to admit this, but I did have mild heartburn back when on Adria and it continued after treatment ended, so I'm on Prevacid permanently. However, I haven't had any heartburn in the 4 yrs since no matter what I eat and didn't really remember what it felt like. I guess the location of the pain and reading about heartburn in the brochure made me mistakenly identify it as such. I know that all kinds of strange symptoms can actually be related to heart problems, and women can experience totally different symptoms than men...but I never thought it would happen to me! While I feel very very lucky, I also feel that I should known better. We live and learn, don't we? Are you NED now? (Hope so!)