HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-30-2004, 08:54 AM   #21
Anonymous

What does skin mets look like? I have a patch of skin behind my right backbone (a little lower)that's been there about 2 weeks, not bruised or anything. Also, under the arm where I had the mastectomy there is an irration of the skin. Also, not sure if I should check with my gp or oncologist...Not sure the internist would recognize mets. Thanks
Old 03-30-2004, 10:59 AM   #22
Sandy

Skin mets appear near the scar line. Type in skin mets and you will see some pictures. Its not a pretty site but they are not life threatening so the oncologist told me. The only way you will know if they are skin mets is a biopsy and I doubt you would get one unless it was near the scar of the mastectomy. I would be interested to see what you hear from others. Mine came up as 2 small red dots the size of a pencil eraser just above the scar. The oncologist kept saying he didn't think they were mets and I knew they were. When it started to spread then I knew and I had a biopsy that confirmed my worst fear. I would see my oncologist but then everyone is different and you may feel better seeing the other one. Don't wait too long. Good luck and let us know what you find out. Hugs, Sandy
Old 03-30-2004, 02:18 PM   #23
Lolly

I had mets to the skin which first manifested as a rash about the size of a pencil eraser, at the base of my neck on the same side as the original bc. It took a few weeks to get a biopsy scheduled and by then I had bumps along the scar line also, so a suspicious rash anywhere should be checked out, and I agree with you that your onc should look at it, and then get it biopsied asap.
Hugs, Lolly
Old 03-31-2004, 05:10 AM   #24
Sandy

Interesting! I learn something new all the time. Thanks for sharing. Hugs to you all. Sandy
Old 03-31-2004, 08:58 PM   #25
Anonymous

Where do you type in skin mets. I tried but got hundreds of references and no pictures?
Old 04-01-2004, 09:00 AM   #26
Sandy

May need to type in Inflammatory Breast Cancer under search. I thought I typed in skin mets. My chemo brain gets in the way. If this doesn't work let me know and I will check it out for you. Its been a while since I visited that site. May have been changed. I am in the process of doing the church newsletter at this point so need to finish it. I was quickly checking my messages. Hugs, Sandy
Old 04-08-2004, 11:16 AM   #27
Lyn

Hi there, the only problem notifying the media is it would probably have to be in book form, the things I have been through this past 6 years, is Murphy's Law, if it was going to happen it would happen to me. For instance, I checked the radiator of my car, something I have done since the age of 15 so I knew what I was doing, but this time it was different it had back pressure so a delayed reaction with the radiator, knocked me down the driveway, my husband neglected to tell me he had cooked the motor the day before, probably hoping he could blame it on me, I rushed inside jumped in the shower took off all of my jewellery, and I had a habit of wearing a lot because it was a pain taking it off, so here I am, I grabbed the burn cream out of the refrigerator I had got from the burns unit prior, another story, covered the right side of my face and arm, ran next door told my husband to get his own bottle of coke from the shop I was going to hospital and I drove myself, I didn't even give him time to respond so of course the nursing staff at the ER looked at me weird,I had my AC chemo the day before, it was even weirder when later they told me my husband was outside so he must have left right behind me, then of course I had to lay there for hours with cold dressings on me to monitor the burn, where I had taken my jewelly off there were blisters, the metals had heated up and burnt me, apparently I had done all the right things, and who should come down and visit me, my Onc, he asked me what I had been doing to myself so I told him I was eveninng up the sides, so from then I had to have daily bandage changes for a month, and what happened next, my next dose of chemo, no portacath then, so the male nurse had to unbandage my arm, find a spot he could insert the canuala and give me my chemo, and re bandage me, so to this day he doesn't let me live it down. I have now scarring whatsoever and I healed while on chemo, and that was all within the first months of treatment in 1998, so you can see what I mean. I think I must be some kind of freak. I told the chemo unit that when they find the cure for cancer the aliens will think we are smart enough to meet them and this is all a test.

Love & Hugs Lyn
Old 05-21-2004, 03:16 PM   #28
lindaw

Dear Annamarie

Just wondering how you are.

love
Lindaw
Old 05-21-2004, 03:17 PM   #29
lindaw

Dear Annamarie
Wondering how you are . Am thinking of you often.

love
lindaw
Old 05-21-2004, 11:03 PM   #30
Sandy

Oh, yes, I too have been thinking and praying for you Annamarie. If you can let us know how you are. Big hugs to you. Sandy
Old 05-25-2004, 09:00 AM   #31
Annamarie16

Thanks so much for your post and your conceern. I am hanging in there. I have had seven radiaion tretments to my stomach area. They are still trying to shrink the three inch tumor that is sitting on the aortic. Unfortunately I am still vomitting every day. I have hospice now and have been able to get a hospital bed so am more confortable sleeping. They really don't understand why I am vomitting every day. The radiologist said he dosn't think it is from the radiation since he is not hitting the stomach area much, just a little. I am really getting tired, however.
Old 05-25-2004, 11:53 AM   #32
Sandy

So glad to hear from you. Get plenty of rest. Your in my prayers. hugs, Sandy
Old 05-26-2004, 05:02 AM   #33
smith

I've not heard of that kind of testing, but that is very interesting. I did Navelbine and herceptin and worked great for me.
Old 05-28-2004, 10:58 AM   #34
lindaw

Dear Annamarie

Thanks so much for letting us know how you are. I hope the vomitting stops. I am thinking of you.

love
linda
Old 06-06-2004, 06:37 PM   #35
lindaw

Thanks Lolly - hope it is fast tracked in Australia. I wanted to go on the trial for this and xeloda but need measurable tumour and so far haven't any bits returned on scar. Suppose this is a good thing.

love
linda
Old 06-09-2004, 04:38 AM   #36
celina

Was wondering if anyone has ever experienced swelling of the face. My sister, who is currently receiving Taxol/Herceptin, is experiencing this symptom. She mentioned it to the visiting nurse, who said it could be that she is slowly coming off decadron...wouldn't that mean that she should NOT be coming of this medication? She will mention it to her doctor next week, but I was wondering if this is something that should be addressed immediately.
Old 06-09-2004, 05:09 AM   #37
Beth

My face became swollen/puffy after decreasing the Decadron while I was on Taxol/Herceptin combo. I was crashing bad when the Decadron wore off and
I also was very anxious so the doc decreased the
amount. I have been on Herceptin only (due to NED) without Taxol, Decadron, and Benedryl for 3 weeks now and the swelling in my face is gone.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:29 AM   #38
Cat;hy

I am on taxotere/herceptin/carboplatin and I have swelling in my face. Also get IV decadron and zofran. Unfortunately it's part of chemo.
Old 06-09-2004, 01:30 PM   #39
Steph N

Yes, some puffiness in the face is a normal "side effect" of chemo in general.
I had it and it took a while to finally all go away after getting off Taxol and Navelbine. It seems to be OK with the Herceptin alone.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:39 PM   #40
celina

Thanks for the reply...I relayed the info to my sister..it was a relief. Unfortunely, she is unable to get on this site as she can't read. She can see, but everything is quite blurry. We don't know if it's the tumors or the WBR that has caused this. Her vision was definetly effected by the tumors, but worsened after WBR..could be swelling but, needless to say, she is so very worried..we won't get head scan results for at least another 6 weeks. (very slow to get results here in Canada)
All this to say...she appreciates this site even though she is currently unable to read/ask things herself.