HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

Old 04-18-2007, 09:15 PM   #1
Sherryg683

No tykerb in stock?

OK, my oncologist wrote me a prescription for Tykerb and I dropped it off yesterday at the pharmacy. After reading what you all have written, I figured I wouldn't be able to get it without having a letter written to GSK from my doctor and my insurance giving me trouble and all. Well, I called back today to check the status on it and was told that my insurance had approved the use of it and it would cost me $20.00, that they were still waiting to get it in. I was thrilled! Then about 30 minutes later, the pharmacist called and said that they were not able to get it from their supplier because GSK said there was none on hand, the demand was greater than the supply. The pharmacist was calling around to see if he could find anyone who had any in stock that he could get sent to him. What the heck is this about?? What should I do to get it? I don't think my doctor contacting them would make a difference would it? Should I just tell my pharmacist to put me on backorder for it. What have you all been told about the availablity of getting Tykerb because GSK doesn't have enough produced. Just confused and don't understand..sherryg683

Diagnosed: December , 2005 at age 44
13+ positive lymph nodes
Stage IV , Her2+, 2 small mets to lungsChemo Started: Jan, 2006
4 months Taxotere, Xeloda, Hercepin
NED since April 2006!!
36 Rads to follow with weekly Herceptin indefinately
8 years NED now
Scans every year

Life is not about avoiding the thunderstorms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:56 PM   #2
Joe
Webmaster

Sherry,

I've sent you an email with some helpful info.

Regards
Joe

Illegitimi non carborundum

My Album
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote