HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-01-2004, 12:16 AM   #1
Lyn

Hi ladies, I had an MRI done on my neck in February and I want to have another when I finish this round of 26 weeks but I want to include the head as well, I know it is a slow process but any input.

Love & Hugs Lyn
Old 10-01-2004, 12:54 AM   #2
pattyD

A brain MRI takes about an hour and usually involves in injection about half way through of contrast dye - You just have to make sure you lie very still and prepare for alot of noise !
Old 10-01-2004, 01:51 AM   #3
Christine Adams

Hi Lyn,

The MRI I had last spring only took about 40 minutes. Next week I have my first 'post-brain-surgery' MRI and I have been told the scan will be 75 minutes!

Cheers,

/Christine

Old 10-02-2004, 03:22 AM   #4
Steph N

Hi Lyn -Never had an MRI of both my head and neck at the same time. The two I have had for my head alone took about 40 minutes for the whole thing. While you are in the tube, you may be able to look out by way of a mirror that they position so you don't feel like you are inside a tube. I thought that was pretty nice as I did not have my eyes closed as much of the time being able to look out.
I do not let myself get nervous about the procedure as it does not hurt, is not invasive, and the "noise" has some syncopation that I could liken to some tribal music I have heard.
I got results the next day.