HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2012, 06:24 AM   #1
Paula O

Wanna be part of a group get well card to the founder of this site?

Hey guys, let's send a group get-well card with messages of encouragement to Christine Druther, the founder of this Her2 support site. I had her on my mind this morning. She had a stroke several months ago. If folks write messages in this thread , I will copy and paste them and put them in a get well card in a week and mail it to her. I just sent a PM to her daughter Danielle asking her to give us a health update and a current address for her Mom. I don't know if Christine is still recovering in the nursing home facility or not.

If you'd like to participate in this group get well card, please add your message to this thread BEFORE next Wednesday, September 19th--after 9/18 please just send any messages you'd like to her address that'll be added to this thread. I'm heading out of town today:a trip to Value Voters Summit in DC with my 18 yr old son who loves politics--it's his long-awaited- for H.S. graduation gift and I'm so THANKFUL to be well and able to do these things that would not have been possible a year ago. After I get back from my trip I'll send out our group card to Christine. I'll start it off--feel free to join right in if you'd like--everyone is welcome.
----------------------------------
Dear Christine,
We don't know each other but I've sure heard lovely things about you and I wanted to extend a great big "Thank you" for all your effort and hard work of both you and your late husband in putting together the Her2 Support web site. It is such a blessing and resource to so many of us battling this disease. Thanks to you for putting together this wonderful gathering place and to all those who keep it humming along smoothly.

I heard you had a stroke: I'm sorry about that and am lifting you in prayer right now. I'm a retired RN and know from caring for stroke patients that there is a great deal of hard work involved in recovering from a stroke. Cancer too, huh? Don't we all well know on that one. Remember to take just a day at a time--a moment at a time is sometimes enough. Keep aiming for every bit of progress you can and it'll pay off. I know this has got to be really hard. You can do this. We are rooting for ya, Christine!

Paula