HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Keeping Your Mind Off of BC
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Keeping Your Mind Off of BC Fun things and posts that do not apply to BC

Old 10-04-2007, 01:37 PM   #61
Sheila

Andi
I posted a link to her music....it was on page2...here it is.
Just wondering
What kind of swim suit will tip be wearing in Florida...I'm thinking she may need a thong with the tail issue she has.
I wish she could have come with me and my nurse friend to Key West last time we went....on second thought, maybe best she didn't....don't want to expose her to the wild side of breast cancer patients.

www.webhamster.com

Hugs & Blessings
Sheila
Diagnosed at age 49.99999 2/21/2002 via Mammography (Calcifications)
Core Biopsy 2/22/02
L. Mastectomy 2/25/2002
Stage 1, 0.7cm IDC, Node Neg from 19 nodes Her2+++ ER PR Neg
6/2003 Reconstruction W/ Tissue Expander, Silicone Implant
9/2003 Stage IV with Mets to Supraclavicular nodes
9/2003 Began Herceptin every 3 weeks
3/2006 Xeloda 2500mg/Herceptin for recurrence to neck nodes
3/2007 Added back the Xeloda with Herceptin for continued mets to nodes
5/2007 Taken Off Xeloda, no longer working
6/14/07 Taxol/Herceptin/Avastin
3/26 - 5/28/08 Taxol Holiday Whopeeeeeeeee
5/29 2008 Back on Taxol w Herceptin q 2 weeks
4/2009 Progression on Taxol & Paralyzed L Vocal Cord from Nodes Pressing on Nerve
5/2009 Begin Rx with Navelbine/Herceptin
11/09 Progression on Navelbine
Fought for and started Tykerb/Herceptin...nodes are melting!!!!!
2/2010 Back to Avastin/Herceptin
5/2010 Switched to Metronomic Chemo with Herceptin...Cytoxan and Methotrexate
Pericardial Window Surgery to Drain Pericardial Effusion
7/2010 Back to walking a mile a day...YEAH!!!!
9/2010 Nodes are back with a vengence in neck
Qualified for TDM-1 EAP
10/6/10 Begin my miracle drug, TDM-1
Mixed response, shrinking internal nodes, progression skin mets after 3 treatments
12/6/10 Started Halaven (Eribulen) /Herceptin excellent results in 2 treatments
2/2011 I CELEBRATE my 9 YEAR MARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/5/11 begin Gemzar /Herceptin for node progression
2/8/2012 Gemzar stopped, Continue Herceptin
2/20/2012 Begin Tomo Radiation to Neck Nodes
2/21/2012 I CELEBRATE 10 YEARS
5/12/2012 BeganTaxotere/ Herceptin is my next miracle for new node progression
6/28/12 Stopped Taxotere due to pregression, Started Perjeta/Herceptin
Sheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:22 PM   #62
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Cool Oh That Song...

Oh Sheila, That music is too funny. Makes me want to jump in the air and click my heels (even though I can't imagine I am physically capable of doing so). That song is sooo *spirited*! I will have to return to it throughout my day when feeling a lull in my energy center. THANKS for that.

I think TipToe will go topless (w/sunscreen of course). A free Spirit, after all... And I have a private pool, so...

Still can't get over the treat of FULL FRONTAL Pinkie! What a happy face. So glad for the pic, Pink One. And for all the other pics you attached. How clever you are. How'd you do that anyway??

Was in chemo rm today wishing I had Tip w/me. All the staff were wearing PINK! (BC Awareness mnth, ya know...) Guess we're all *aware* every month, I'm just sayin...

BTW, I'm aware in a GOOD way. There just always seems to be a moment where I free associate to the conversation and mention my situation. I am obviously (I'm told) full of joy and serenity, so when I speak of my experience, others feel inspired, and I don't mean just bc others. Met a divorced single mom yesterday, stressed out and overwhelmed. She sat mute getting manicured; couldn't even respond when asked what color polish she wanted. She just smiled. So we chatted over our nail-drying machines. You know, I can't keep my mouth shut. I write long posts... You can imagine what having an actual one on one conversation is like. Oh dear...

Others are immediately drawn in to the bc tale of horror told w/o any sign of the struggle evident. You look fabulous/great, they say. I think -- what, for an almost dead person? They look at me w/admiration and a sudden epiphany that their cares and woes could be so much worse. Their perspective expands and they start to brush the sky (which has seemingly fallen on their shoulders) off. They often part happy and saying things like, God bless you, You're beautiful inside and out, I love you... And my day is made! I bounce off feeling ONE WITH THE UNIVERSE, and *on purpose*! Just thought I'd share. Being aware of having or having had (as I see it) bc isn't always a burden, you know what I mean??

And TipToe will surely brighten my days, till I pass her on with loving energy from me and Pinkie to Marie (our chief BELIEVER). And then she will carry on w/the good vibes of three or four or so and on and on... What an awesome joyful venture we have undertaken. Can't wait to see the journal.

BIG HUGS,
Andi

'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 03:01 PM   #63
PinkGirl

Smile the hamster music

Andi, the music is in Sheila's post

www.webhamster.com

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
4 FAC, 4 Taxol, no radiation
1 year of Herceptin
Tamoxifen for approx. 4 months,
Arimidex for 5 years
Prophylactic mastectomy June 22/09

" I yam what I yam." - Popeye

My Photo Album
PinkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 03:04 PM   #64
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Cool Thanks Pink Girl

See my post above, please...

Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Old 10-04-2007, 05:57 PM   #65
PinkGirl

Cool another picture of me

Name:  10-04-2007%2009%3B20%3B22AM.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  14.0 KBThis is Tip's favourite picture taken at my house

From L to R

Bob, Tiptoe, PinkGirl

Attachment 118

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
1 year of Herceptin
Arimidex for 5 years

My Photo Album

Last edited by PinkGirl; 03-30-2008 at 10:52 AM..
Old 10-06-2007, 02:38 PM   #66
Andrea Barnett Budin

Cool Hello...

OKAY, AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO SEES BOB'S FEET, TIPTOE AND PINKIE'S FEET?? Am I doing something wrong...? Andi

Old 10-06-2007, 02:48 PM   #67
chrisy

ABB,
Surely you know that TIPTOE likes to be the center of attention! So there are only toes in the picture!
10/04-3/05 Weekly Taxol/Carboplatin/Herceptin , complete response!
04/05 - 4/07 Herception every 3 wks, Continue NED
04/07 - recurrence to liver - 2 spots, starting tykerb/avastin trial
06/07 8/07 10/07 Scans show stable, continue on Tykerb/Avastin
01/08 Progression in liver
02/08 Begin (TDM1) trial
08/08 NED! It's Working! Continue on TDM1
02/09 Continue NED
02/10 Continue NED. 5/10 9/10 Scans NED 10/10 Scans NED
12/10 Scans not clear....4/11 Scans suggest progression 6/11 progression confirmed in liver
07/11 - 11/11 Herceptin/Xeloda -not working:(
12/11 Begin MM302 Phase I trial - bust:(
03/12 3rd times the charm? AKT trial

5/12 Scan shows reduction! 7/12 More reduction!!!!
8/12 Whoops...progression...trying for Perjeta/Herceptin (plus some more nasty chemo!)
9/12 Start Perjeta/Herceptin, chemo on hold due to infection/wound in leg, added on cycle 2 &3
11/12 Poops! progression in liver, Stop Perjeta/Taxo/Herc
11/12 Navelbine/Herce[ptin - try for a 3 cycles, no go.
2/13 Gemzar/Carbo/Herceptin - no go.
3/13 TACE procedure
chrisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 06:28 AM   #68
PinkGirl

Wink The three of us.....

We lined up in the living room for a picture and that's how it turned out.
She's not very tall!!!

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
1 year of Herceptin
Arimidex for 5 years

My Photo Album
Old 10-07-2007, 11:32 AM   #69
Andrea Barnett Budin

Wink Her ovaries must be the size of a chocolate chip...

I SPENT 15 MIN, on 3 separate occasions, trying to figure out how to EDIT the pic. Funny. The world from Tiptoe's standpoint. So cute.

I am often on the floor w/Chase and Scamp, as they too are rather small. We will have fun when she gets here. I'll tell y'all all about it. Promise.
Andi

When I read your post Pinkie, wishing every one in Canada a happy thanksgiving, I thought I'd fallen down the rabbit hole at first. Living in Fla and not having kids in school, I forget what season it is. Did we have Halloween yet, I thought??? What a minute, what month is it? I was a bit disoriented, till I focused on the word Canada. HAPPY THANKSGIVING. Turkey, stuffing and all the good stuff! Thank goodness. I don't have to cook yet...

Old 10-07-2007, 12:11 PM   #70
DonnaD

Andi,
Let us know as soon as Tip arrives. The trip could have been a long one for her. Knowing her reputation she may be tipsy. If so, give her plenty of coffee so she can enjoy the pool. Hope you don't have any peeping Tom's when she is sunbathing in the nude!
Donna
Lumpectomy 8/30/06
Stage llA, grade 3, ER/PR-, Her2++
1.7 cm tumor, 1+ lymph node out of 9
Completed 4 A/C, & 4 Taxol with Herceptin
36 rads completed 5/16/07
Mammograms, 7/07 clear
fractured ribs in radiated area 10/07
Finished Herceptin 12/27/07
Mammogram,CT,tumor markers 1/08 - small lung nodules in radiated area, repeated tests 3/08 stable
Mammogram,CT ,tumor markers 6/08 stable
NED 2 years!!
3 years !!!
4years!!!!
4 years, 10 months and 8 day NED, calling it 5 years!!!
Official 5 years 8/30/2011
8/31/ 2012 - 6 years!!!!!!
DonnaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 12:39 PM   #71
Andrea Barnett Budin

Cool Assume She'll Come By U.s. Mail Vs Ups...

Promise to let y'all know the minute Tipsy (I mean Tiptoe) arrives!

Pinkie -- is she *boxed* or in a padded envelope. Poor dear. I will smother her with kisses and hugs, little weary traveler. Will arrange to have sunshine to greet her (in between major thunder storms lately). Mid 80s and beautiful mostly... Have tinted shades for her to wear (free from Shiseido).

Andi

Old 10-07-2007, 01:07 PM   #72
PinkGirl

Wink sorry Andi

I didn't mean to confuse you with the world according to Tiptoe photo or the early Thanksgiving. I think it's early here because of the climate. I once lived in a northern town that had it's fall fair in August!

Tiptoe is boxed. I tried a padded envelope but I couldn't fit everything in.
I wanted to make her a little straw nest to burrow into and along with her journal, pen, passport, a few personal items, I put in a little lunch for the trip(really). You might smell the package before you see it. I sent her via Canada Post Air Mail - nothing but the best for our hamster!!!

I have heard of parcels sitting at the border for awhile, so I don't know how long it will take her to get to you. I think it has been a week now. She could get stopped at customs if her lunch starts to rot and the package stinks. I was hoping she would eat it first. Oh well, she can rest up for all the activities everyone has planned.

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
1 year of Herceptin
Arimidex for 5 years

My Photo Album
Old 10-07-2007, 02:02 PM   #73
Andrea Barnett Budin

Cool Will Advise All Upon Tiptoe's Arrival!

Here's hoping Tipsy's lunch doesn't rot. I have this image of the custom's guy stiffing the box and pondering...

You do make me laugh, Pink One...Andi

Old 10-07-2007, 03:19 PM   #74
Lani

if you look at the video I highly recommended with an interview with an18yearsurvivor

of lymphoma treated with essentially the first monoclonal antibody, she made earrings and other jewelry depicting the mice (used at that time, now I think they also use Chinese hamster ovaries) used to make her medication (Rituximab). They are quite lively and attention-diverting and might give someone the idea to immortalize Tiptoe and her merry hamster elves.

Have a great weekend.
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 05:17 PM   #75
StillHere

Can't see link to video

Lani
Am I missing something? I can't find any link or attachment to your last post about a mouse video.
05/05 Cytoxan & Adriamycin every 3wk x4
08/05 Taxol every 2wk x 4, Herceptin every wk x1yr
10/05 Bilat Mast - my Choice
10/05 3/19 lymph nodes Pos, Stage IIIa
11/05 Rad x 37 Rx, R Brst & Axcilla
02/06 Herceptin stopped (L vent HF 40)
03/06 Started & Stoped Arimidex after 2 mos.-QOL side effects
05/06 Started Tamoxafin
06/06 Bilat Free Flap Reconstruction
12/06 Cardiomyopathy reversed-HF normal
01/07 Bilat Saline Implants
07/07 CA 27-29 steadily rising from 28 in 12/06 to 46 in 7/07
07/07 PET Scan NED, but inflamation at prev surg site.
09/07 Started Femara
10/07 CA 27-29 down to 39
06/08 CA 27-29 down to 32
09/08 Lg joint pain & QOL side effects from Femara, will live w/ to keep CA markers within normal range.
StillHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 11:30 PM   #76
Catherine

Midnight humor

Well, I should be in bed since it is almost midnight. But, I had to check in first and get the updated chapter on Tiptoe. Tiptoe does photograph well. Thank you Pinkie for the great photos. And thank you for packing Tiptoe so carefully. I am just hoping that after sunbathing topless she will be even willing to leave Florida. She probably will want to spend the winter there. I am thinking that if Tiptoe could call me collect from Andi's, that I could hop on a plane and join them at the pool. In the meantime, I will keep my unreconstructed chest covered and stay under my rain umbrella. Go Tiptoe!!! Life is an adventure and you are living it. And so are WE!!!!

Catherine

Found my own lump in the shower
April 2006 at the age of 58
Stage IIB, ER- PR- HER2+++ multi focal tumors, largest 2.3cm
Chemo first: AC/Taxol over 16 weeks
Bilateral mastectomy Sep 06
33 rads after the surgery
1 year of Herceptin completed Dec 07
15 years and no recurrence as of April 2021
Catherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 12:08 AM   #77
hutchibk

Ahhh, the life of Tipsy the hamster. What a ham! Around the world in 80 days (unless held up at the border...) I wonder if she has her passport with her, or do you think she left it on the bar? Andi - be sure and slather her with sunscreen! You don't need a drunken, sunburned rodent ruining your reputation in the neighborhood! I bet she is a funny, happy, cocktail drinking hamster, though! And I am guessing that she will want to go to the beach, too! Warn her about getting sand in her bikini - especially uncomfortable in a thong...

NOV 2012 - 9 yr anniversary
JULY 2012 - 7 yr anniversary stage IV (of 50...)

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Rt side mastectomy, Her2+, ER/PR+, 10 nodes out, one node positive
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~
micro mets chest nodes, & bone spot @ C3 neck, Added Taxol to Herceptin
Feb'07~ Genetic testing, BRCA 1&2 neg

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
Started Tykerb/Xeloda, no WBR for now
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
MRI - brain mets shrunk half, NO NEW BRAIN METS!!, TMs stable @ 9.2
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
new 3-4mm left cerrebellar spot zapped with IMRT targeted rads
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Feb'11~ Enrolled in T-DM1 EAP in Denver, first treatment March 25, 2011.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

"I would rather be anecdotally alive than statistically dead."
hutchibk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 04:28 AM   #78
Lani

Still here--I did not think a link was necessary as it had not been

that long since I posted the link to the video I recommended, but as it happens we have been a very busy website with lots of new threads posted since I started that thread and it was a page or so back so here it is:

http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=30290
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:03 AM   #79
PinkGirl

Wink Tiptoe?

You guys might have to really work on Tip to get her to come out of her shell. She was very quiet when she was with me. Other than the drinking episode, she pretty much behaved herself. And, she is a very quiet "drunk" as you could see from the picture of her passed out. I couldn't get her into the water here, but it was cold. She walked on the beach and stood on some driftwood once, climbed up a tree once and looked like she was going to take a dive, but she never touched water. Hopefully, a warm, private pool will be more to her liking.

Any sign of her yet Andi? I feel like she's still my responsibility until she gets to you - then I can relax. I know she will be in good hands. Have you decided which supplements you're going to give her? I know you will feed her well - her regular diet is high in the omega 3's so don't bother supplementing that. But I think she could use some work with the mind/body connection. Maybe she'll come back to me as one with the hamster universe!!!
I miss her already. I keep looking in my big basket of wool and expect to see her little nose nestled into some angora.

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
1 year of Herceptin
Arimidex for 5 years

My Photo Album
Old 10-09-2007, 10:37 AM   #80
Andrea Barnett Budin

Cool Looking Out For Tiptoe...

Still no Tiptoe. I am anxiously awaiting... I feel like you've thrown the ball to me, Pinkie, and I'm waiting to catch it, or her I should say. Always looking for a good drinking partner. Stocked up on wine in anticipation. I won't give her a balloon glass like the one I drink from. She could probably fit right into one of my 24-ouncers. Did you give her a saucer for such occasions? Is she a guzzler?

If she has no ovaries, I'm assuming she won't be hot flashing, so no need for those supplements. Do you think she'll want an immune booster of mushroom blend w/Cat's paw bark?

I didn't know Tipsy was shy. I can relate. I like her personality already. I was shy as a child/young adolescent. Make that into my 20s... Then I decided to work on that characteristic, and have burst forth w/lots of opinions and much to say. And share.
I now approach strangers and start conversations. I chat w/the salespeople taking my phone order. They tell me really neat stuff, revealing their life experience.

Just read an interview w/Elizabeth Edwards. She struck up a conversation w/a young man/recent college grad who had a seat near hers (for the University of South Carolina games). They got to know each other and he has taken her son Jack under his wing. He spent the summer with a friend and Jack making paths in the Edwards' woods, as Elizabeth had wanted to do. She is quoted as saying, "You get these moments of incredible generosity. But the truth is you have to be the person who talks to the guy sitting next to you. You have a part in this. It doesn't just happen to you." She speaks of needing to reach out and then you get this great gift! (I'll have a good talk with Tiptoe when she gets here. Spiritually expand her sphere of awareness...)

I am going to look around the house for a basket for her to nestle in. Hadn't thought that out. Maybe I can use one of Chase and Scamp's sheepskin rugs. They are good about sharing.
Andi