HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Profiles In Courage
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2004, 12:40 PM   #1
jessica

Today May 17 " 2004 marks 2 years since my diagnosis...I don't like to call it an ""anniversary""...it's a little too weird.
Two years ago" life as I knew it changed-dramatically & chaotically.And now two years later I know that it has also changed somehow for the better.
1 year into this journey 1 failed treatment combo 6 mos on a clinical trial and only 3 weeks off treatment " when it was discovered that my ""stable"" disease had roared its ugly head.
In my story" " it is true that ""The darkest hour is just before the dawn"". 12 weeks back on treatment number 3 and I found NED!
I can remember May 17" 2002 like it was yesterday...yet somehow it seems a lifetime ago.I certainly much prefer May 17 of 2004...8 mos NED hair on my head & a wealth of friendships that I could not survive without.
Thank you to all of you here...may I contribute to you as much as you have all generously shared with me.We are the changing faces of breast cancer survival!
Prayers faith & courage!