HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-10-2006, 01:48 PM   #1
bonnie

Smile A woman making a difference

Barbara Jo Kirshbaum, who helped me, was nominated Woman of the Week for CBS2. Here's the video that aired Friday. Thought you might be interested in seeing it. It's amazing people like this who are helping the breast cancer cause progress.

Bonnie

http://www.cbs2.com/video/?id=19983@kcbs.dayport.com

Her web site is: http://bjkcounselor.com/
bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 02:05 PM   #2
LovingDaughter

How wonderful! What a beautiful video!
Old 06-10-2006, 02:23 PM   #3
bonnie

From my Oncologist

I sent this link to my Oncologist and here is her reply and I wanted to share the information.

"Bonnie: THANKS so much for sharing this. I got a message it would be on but have been swamped coming back from ASCO and trying to disseminate all I learned and did and catch up with patients. I will share this at the office. We have supported Barb’s walks and am so grateful for all she’d done. Hope all is well with you, too. Great new news about Lapatinab for women who have had adriamycin and a taxane and Herceptin who later relapse. The new lapatinab (Glaxo smith Klein) oral pill with Xeloda ( and likely other chemo) exends survival very significantly. We are hoping they will have compassionate use available within 2 weeks and have all the paper work ready for our patients. It will take until at least next March-June to get FDA approval and be on the market so patients can get it free in the interval if they follow standard approaches. MANY new things at ASCO and in the pipeline for targeting specific cancer mutations and making more targeted therapies available for breast and other cancers. Research is critical to improving all our future.

Hugs, Linda B" (Bosserman)
bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 05:56 PM   #4
Susan Rankin

Smile A Woman Making A difference

Hi,

Thank you for the video. She is an inspiration to all.

Susan
Susan Rankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 04:31 PM   #5
Chelee

Thanks so much for sharing that video with us. I just watched it. That Barbara is a amazing lady. Can't say enough about her.

I don't quite understand what your doctor is saying about the use of Lapatinab? In order to use this drug later on down the road....would a person HAD to of had "AC" first? I am curious because I never got to use AC. I have had a taxane & herceptin....so would that mean IF I ever needed the Lapatinab...I could have it? Sorry...but some of this is over my head since I am so new to all this. (Then you add chemo brain to the mix...and then I am lost at times. ) lol

You certainly have a awesome oncologist!!! I CAN'T even imagine either of the two I have had taking the time to write me back like yours did. Mine might thank me when I went in for my appointment...but to email me...no way. I want your oncologist.

Thanks for sharing that information. Much appreciated.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote