HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-23-2007, 04:32 PM   #1
SusieQ

Side Effects Post Chemo or is it Herceptin ??

I finished 6 rounds-every 3 weeks of Taxotere and Carboplatin Chemo inconjunction with Herceptin weekly in early February 2007. I am now on Herceptin every 3 weeks. Here is what I am experiencing and I am hoping I can get some feedback from others that may have experienced these things:

Eyebrow and Eyelash and Arm Hair loss. This suddently just happened this last weekend, April 22nd. How strange, the eyelash, eyebrow and arm hair was the only hair I kept throughout chemo, surgery and etc.

I developed a large seroma in my breast (lumpectomy site) and a small pocket of fluid under my arm. I just had them drained so my Radiation Oncologist can begin to plan my radiation treatment. I am worried that they will keep returning and continue to cause discomfort. My ankles are also beginning to swell since the beginning of April.

I have developed an unusual rash that I have had for two weeks now. The spots are circular, raised and are showing up on my thighs, breast, and pelvic area. The Doctor's are unsure of what is causing this. It almost seems the rash is along the lymph node route. The rash does not itch.

Has anyone with swelling and seromas ever been seen my a therapist that specializes in draining the lymphatic system?

Thank you -- I am so grateful for all of the posts, research information and LOVE this support group offers!!!
~ER+ 45% Moderate ~ PR+ 62% Strong
~HER2/neu +++
~Sentinel Node Biopsy - Negative Four Nodes
~BRAC1/BRAC2 Negative
~Neo-adjuvant Chemo:6 rounds-every Three
Weeks of Taxotere & Carboplatin & Herceptin
Weekly Completed on 2/7/2007
~Lumpectomy (after chemo) 3/12/2007
~Switched to Every 3-week Herceptin 3/21/2007 for nine more months.
~Radiation May through June 2007 (35 rads total)
~Hormone therapy Lupron Injections + Arimidex
~Lymphedema Challenged!
SusieQ is offline   Reply With Quote