HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2011, 03:35 PM   #1
TriciaK

rash after chemo-now over a month

I am still covered with a measles-like rash all over my body. It does not appear to be lessening after more than a month. I am going crazy with the terrible itchiness which nothing seems to relieve. Anyone have a similar reaction? Any suggestions? The rash appeared in late January after my second round of gemzar and herceptin.(No reaction to the first gemzar). It looked like it might be clearing up a little after several weeks, and my oncologist thought we might try half a dose of gemzar, which we did on February 28. Unfortunately the rash immediately worsened, and has not let up since. It covers my whole body except face, hands and feet! I have not had any chemo or herceptin since then, and the oncologist doesn't want to try any other chemo or the herceptin until the rash clears up. My ca 27-29 markers rose in January but have dropped again last week, so I don't know what is going on. My oncologist would like me to try tykerb and I think zoloda, both of which are large pills. I really want to stay with infusions since I have a power port and I just can't swallow large pills, especially not a dozen at a time! I am feeling quite confused about it all, and wonder if going without any chemo or herceptin is a good thing.I have tried to do some research about chemo treatments but feel I am getting more and more confused. I am also wondering if not doing any chemo is wise. Wouldn't herceptin alone be at least better than nothing, or does it need a chemo with it to be effective? Any experiences, suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much for those shared in my earlier posts. Hugs, Tricia
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote