HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2004, 12:24 PM   #1
jessica

Hi Eric~
Jessica here...I haven't been on the boards much lately,but I'm pleased to meet you.Are you referring to Keith Block in Chicago?If so, I have heard of him-wonderful things, in fact.I have not worked with him, but worked with a Traditional Chinese Medicine doc in San Fran that is in close contact with Keith Block and incorporated some of Dr.Block's tx approach in my regimen.Please feel free to email me directly @jmalucas4@aol.com if I can share any info about Michael Broffman (TCM doc)or what I know about Dr. Block.
A little about my hx...I was dx'd in May 02 w/Stage IV (liver mets)at primary dx.I underwent 3 diff tx combos, totalling 49 weeks.NED since 9/11/03 (I know, how ironic),continue on weekly Herceptin-actually I just switched to the q3week dose-and continue w/the complimentary supplement regimen that Michael developed for me.Hope I can be of some help.Until then, Keep the faith!
Prayers, faith & courage,
Jessica
Old 08-10-2009, 11:55 AM   #2

Smile Re: In Chicago?Block Center for Integrative Medicine

Hello Eric,

Just noticed the reply to you re: Dr. Block. I am one of his patients. I just had my initial visit - 5.5 hours. I am now on his diet, supplements and exericise programs. The center is very invigorating. I have his book "Life Over Cancer". It tells you all about his program. You can get it online at LifeOverCancer.com. His center's website is Blockmd.com. I am really interested in his use of "chronotherapy" as a way to administer chemo. It's supposed to create less side effects and a lot times no hair loss. Also, during the daytime chemo sessions the center holds cooking and exercise classes. THey want you off your butt and learning. The office is designed with a spa-like feel. Even though it is in Evanston, IL, many people come from out of town. I am going to come from Grand Rapids, MI.

Good Health to you,

Susan
Old 01-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #3
Unregistered

Re: In Chicago?Block Center for Integrative Medicine

Does Dr. Block have formal training in Oncology? Is he board certified in any area?