HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-14-2006, 08:09 AM   #41
Kim in CA

My heart goes out to you Sandy. We just never know, any of us, what life has in store for us.

Thank you so much for the warning. It makes me realize how lucky I was when I had my liver resection and developed soreness around the IV in my good arm. I complained to the nurses, but it took them forever to get it removed. It was indeed infected, and looking back I can't believe how lax they were in dealing with it. the doctor ordered them to get hot compresses and keep them on my arm, as I actually had redness going up my arm. I had to constantly nag them to bring me the compresses.

It just reminds us that we truly have to stay informed and take charge of our own well being, and after that, it's up to God.

Take Care, Kim in CA
Kim in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 10:17 AM   #42
Lala

Dear Sandy,

Thank you for bravely sharing your loss with us. I thank you for thinking of others during this time of great sorrow. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Bless you.
Lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 05:46 PM   #43
Liz J.

Dear Sandy and family,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time. I know Our Lord will bring you strength. Please take care of yourself and your hubby. That is what your sister would want. May she rest in peace.

Sincerely,

Liz J.
Liz J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 07:29 PM   #44
julie pilgrim

Lyn's sister Dawn

Dear Sandy, I am so sorry for your loss, when you know a family member is very sick at least we can prepare ourselves a little bit but for it to happen so suddenly you don't realise how precious our time is. I know you will miss your sister as we do Lyn. Regards Dawn
julie pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 02:43 AM   #45
suzan w

Sandy, so sorry to hear about your sister. Thank you for making me aware of the severity of staph...I had an infection as a kid and still have a huge scar as a result. Nasty stuff
suzan w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 02:32 AM   #46
lisahammo

Sandy, I am so, so sorry for your loss. With everything that you go through, to then lose your sister, is just now fair. And in such awful circumstances. My thoughts are with you at this sad time.

Lots of love and hugs

Lisa
lisahammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 09:20 PM   #47
mamacze

Dear Sandy,
I am stunned to hear about the loss of one so young. You are right, knowledge is powerful and I am grateful that you have made us even more aware of how powerful these new "bugs" are. I have been under the mistaken impression that we are still young enough to fight them off in our fifties; but your sisters experience as well as very similar experiences of 3 of my acquaintances have heightened my awareness that we are all still so vulnerable. (one died in her 30s and the other two were hospitalized for 2 weeks with the infection).
This is a tsunami time for you and your family...how fortunate she was to have had you.
Love Kim from CT
mamacze is offline   Reply With Quote