HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-19-2004, 04:11 AM   #1
Shannon

Hi Lauren,

Everything you said in your message was told to me also by my onc. So, I hold onto that and run with it and keep the faith.

I do have a question for you....When you were given the arm without Herceptin and asked your doc to give it to you off trial, How did you get your doctor to give to you out of trial? And did your insurance pay for it. Because I don't think mine would out of trial since it is not FDA approved for early stage.

I was taken off the Herceptin arm in November due to two low EVF (Mugas) and was very dissappointed. I was to continue taking it until this May. But, I did have 5 doses of it (4 of which were with Taxotere).

I just wanted to know if there is ANYTHING I can do to get back on it. I am Stage 2b, 1 sentinel node pos. out of 10 nodes taken, grade 3, her2 +3,lumpectomy with 2.6 cm tumor. Started trial January 31, 2003 with A/C, started Herceptin/Taxotere in April.

Can you give me any insight as to how to obtain more Herceptin? I don't think I will qualify for any other trial since I have already taken Herceptin.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

oxox,
Shannon