HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-12-2004, 08:05 AM   #1
anonymous

I was just wondering how many ladies take coQ10 and what some of the benefits are.
Thanks for your input
Old 02-12-2004, 01:10 PM   #2
Mary - Tierrasanta in San Diego

I started taking it after reading positive posts. My Muga scans were borderline and I was afraid that I would be taken off Herceptin. Since starting CoQ10 my scans have improved. Now even better than initial test before first Herceptin.
Old 02-12-2004, 02:33 PM   #3
Anonymous

Been taking a supplement that also contains the CoQ for years and sometimes take it alone and my heart has improved some after all the chemo I have had. I also am in fear of being taken off herceptin as have been NED for 19 months.
Exercise also helps with my stamina and breathing.
My husband has blood pressure issues and this also seems better since he started being better about taking his CoQ10.
Old 02-13-2004, 09:35 AM   #4
SueF2

How much do you take? I had a very bad reaction to Herceptin (a 911 call and ER visit). Had an echo during my week's hospital stay and will get one in another month. Have taken coQ10 off and on but figure I should take it regularly.

Thanx.

Sue
Old 02-19-2004, 07:03 AM   #5
Shannon

I took COq10 while on chemo and herceptin, but it didn't seem to work for me. I had two very low mugas and they took me off Herceptin as a result. It is suppose to be effective in keeping your heart healthy while on chemo/herceptin. I have to admit I'd miss taking it a day or two sometimes, so maybe that did it. I would take 300mg, but I heard 200 is enough.

I heard a lot of great things about it. So, it's worth a try.

shannon