HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Profiles In Courage
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2009, 05:57 PM   #1
djean

Unhappy Support for a dear friend...

A very dear friend of mine had a tumor removed from her right breast 5 years ago and radiation treatments followed. (To keep this short) Last Nov the cancer returned in the same breast. She choose to have a dbl mastectomy. About two months ago she had implants put in, only to have some problems with that right (breast) side again. Last Friday the Dr. took out that right implant. My friend has been in much pain and discomfort since the beginning of her ordeal, she had decided not have the implant put in at a later date. She is thankful that the cancer/breasts are removed, but she is very depressed. She said she can't stop crying, that she looks so ugly now (One implant that turned brownish in color, and her right side that has a huge indentation.)I don't know what to say to her. Her husband is wonderful and reassuring, she says. I know it is still fresh and she is still recovering, but what words can I say to help her other than we are all thankful that she is cancer free? Any thought would be greatly appreciated. We are always there for each other, I don't want to let her down now. Thank you.
djean is offline   Reply With Quote