HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Profiles In Courage
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2005, 08:33 AM   #1
Jeanette

Talking My story

I am a 65 year old lady, who has always been very healthy and been the caregiver in the family. Husband has had openheart surgery 3 times. have a son type i diabetic and blind. So you can see I have been busy. Found what I thought was a cyst on my upper breast. Had a biopsy and of course it was Cancer. Not sure now how big it was , but it protruded and was very warm at times. I had a modified radical mascectomy in June. I am now on taxotere and hercepton. Hercepton is on a weekly basis right now. May get radation at some point. just wanted to let you all know I find this site very informative. I dont know all the terminology yet, but I am learning. Bless you all and keep well

Last edited by Jeanette; 10-14-2005 at 10:06 AM..
Jeanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 05:22 PM   #2
mamacze

Dear Jeanette,
Welcome angel, to this wonderful web site. You certainly have had your hands full being the care giver; what a shock for you to find yourself in the oh so foreign position of needing care. How old is your son? does he live with you? You and he must both be worried. It sounds like you are getting good treatment; thank God for Herceptin.
You have come to the right place with your questions; how nice to see your post.
Love Kim from CT
mamacze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 02:57 PM   #3
mary c

Smile

Welcome Jeanette!

I finished taxotere in April and get herceptin every 3 weeks - I am 34 years old, but you know, there is never a right time to get cancer.
Wishing you all the best.

Mary
mary c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 04:06 PM   #4
Jeanette

Smile

You are right Mary, there never is a good time to have cancer. I think once iI got over the initial shock I was able to handle it quite well. I take it one day at a time and count my blessings, We all live in the hope that they will find a cure for this nasty didease soon. Til then we will keep on fighting, Best wishes to you, jeanette
Jeanette is offline   Reply With Quote