HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

Old 01-04-2008, 02:10 AM   #21
Roz

Smile

Hi, While I am on the T/X combo, I am pleased to announce NED scans today!! I am on 4 and a half Tykerb tabs and still have the rash on my arms. Adrien, I was interested that you are still photosensitive, i thought perhaps I was because I still have the rash. I was thinking of dropping back to 4 tabs of Tykerb, but perhaps not, as i will still probably experience the photosensitivity (and summer has just started!).
diagnosed June 03. Rt sided Inflammatory BC in rt lower quadrant. 7cm tumour. Also 3 DCIS. 3 rounds of EC, mastectomy with axillary clearance (12 nodes+ of 19). 1 more EC. 5 weeks of rads, with weekly booster to attack skin lymph involvement. 4 cycles of Taxol. Tamoxifen.Recurrence December 04, Herceptin started early Jan05,+ Arimidex.
NED 26 mths. Recurrence early Mar07. Taxol added to Herceptin. NED. Will have total of 6 cycles, then Aromisan and Herceptin. Early Oct 07, recurrence to the pesky right upper lobe, with some pleural thickening upper rt hemithorax. T/X now the treatment. May 2008, Taxatere and Herceptin for lung recurrence
Roz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:28 PM   #22
Becca

Roz, great news about your scans. Terrific way to start 2008!
Becca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 11:41 AM   #23
EstherO

tykerb iso herceptin

Hi ladies - brand new member.
Have been taking taxol with herceptin for the last 3 months. Now was told to continue with herceptin for a year - but I have been reading about tykerb - and thinking perhaps I should switch but my onc not recommending.
Heard Tykerb is easier on the heart - but hve been reading about side effects. While on taxol/herceptin for the last 3 months - hardly any reaction - except tingling on the toes only for the last 2 weeks. no stomach problems - slight heart palpitation and cough.
I am inquiring whether should continue with herceptin or change to Ty.
Any comments - thanks.
Esher
EstherO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 03:43 AM   #24
CurlyGirly

Hi
I'm possibly on Tykerb (TEACH trial) and was wondering if anyone on the drug has been getting an unusual number of cold sore like things on their lips and really nasty tongue sores?
Jan
CurlyGirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 06:08 AM   #25
Georgia girl

Tykerb only

I have been on Tykerb since May, and have also experienced the "runs" as a side effect. The issues everyone else has with acne, finger and toenails, etc. have also been a problem for me. I have never taken Xeloda - but was on herceptin for 3 years until I developed congestive heart failure.

My heart function has drastically improved on Tykerb, but I much preferred the herceptin because I had no side effects at all from it.

My onocologist is very up to date on the latest research, and I trust him completely, so I'll endure the problems to stay as healthy as I can.
Georgia girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:44 PM   #26
Melissa

how did you get tykerb?

Michka,

If you don't mind me asking... How did you get Tykerb after finishing Herceptin? Are you on some type of trail. I asked my onc for it and he said I couldn't receive it since I have had herceptin, unless I have some type of reoccurance. Thanks Melissa

04/06, (42), 2cm tumor, 7/13 nodes, one positive node under clavicle
mastectomy/reconstruction
grade 3, stage lllb, er-65+, pr-90+, her2+++(80%)
4/AC, 12wks TH then 6wks rads
40 wks herceptin, and tamoxifen.
onc test tamoxifen resistance = poor metabilizer
04/07 ooph & on arimidex
08/07 completed herceptin

04/2022 - 16 year survivor!
Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:43 PM   #27
turbo

I am on the tykerb/ avastin trial and have no fatigue,occasional rash(rare) a little nausea after the pills for a short time...rare diarhea,nail cracking and sore. Is tykerb approved to be used alone?
turbo is offline   Reply With Quote