HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

Old 08-07-2007, 06:00 AM   #21
Daisypink

Thanks for the info on the magic mouth wash....

Ive just completed my 2nd cycle of xeloda/tykerb and i have had no mouth sores at all!! yippee!!! i hope i wont be needing to ask for this when i go on thursday for my 3rd prescription!!

I have had no side effects at all apart from being tired..

Just hope this stuff is working.... all will be revealed after the 14th august as i have my first CT scan.

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed!!!!!

Love jakki
xxxx

DX May 2005 grade 3 IDC - partial mastectomy/immediate LD Recon. 0 /20 lymph nodes affected
Er+PR+HER2-
E-CMF chemo July 05 - Feb 06, 33 x rads. Tamoxifen
June 06 - Regional Reccurrence - supraclavicular lymph nodes, HER2+. Taxotere chemo Aug 06 - Dec 06, 25 x rads, Arimidex, zoladex, Herceptin.
Feb 07 - further supraclavicular progression, re-staging tests.
April 07 - Lung mets DX, oncologist trying to get me on Tykerb & xeloda on LEAP trial.
June 07 - Lung mets doubled in size, 3 new tumours and one in my back - commenced Tykerb/Xeloda - Zoladex & Arimidex stopped.
September 07 - Tykerb/Xeloda failed.. lung mets still growing and more new ones
October 2007 - Commenced Vinorelbine and back on Herceptin again..
March 2008 - New Scans reveal lung mets still progressing, now have 3cm Liver Met and Bone Met to Sternum - looking for a new clinical trial...
Daisypink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:52 PM   #22
Daisypink

Update on me lil old me in England

hi there

i just thought i would give you an update on me over here in england..

Ive just completed cycle 3.. but have developed the rash!!!

Ive just spotted a thread about this so i am going to join in there..

I have been using the udderly smooth cream on my hands and feet and they appear to be ok.. i have been advised to use it on the areas now where i have a rash along with piriton.

I have been told that i wont be scanned until 12 weeks as they said 6 weeks is too soon so that will be mid september.. will keep you posted..

I got away with out any mouth ulcers on cycle two but they are back on cycle 3 and i'm finding i'm extremely tired..

hope you ladies are all fairing up well..

lots of love jakki
xx

DX May 2005 grade 3 IDC - partial mastectomy/immediate LD Recon. 0 /20 lymph nodes affected
Er+PR+HER2-
June 06 - Regional Reccurrence - supraclavicular lymph nodes, HER2+. Taxotere chemo Aug 06 - Dec 06, 25 x rads, Arimidex, zoladex, Herceptin.
April 07 - Lung mets DX, oncologist trying to get me on Tykerb & xeloda on LEAP trial.
June 07 - Lung mets doubled in size, 3 new tumours and one in my back - commenced Tykerb/Xeloda - Zoladex & Arimidex stopped.
March 2008 - New Scans reveal lung mets still progressing, now have 3cm Liver Met and Bone Met to Sternum - looking for a new clinical trial...
Old 08-29-2007, 10:01 AM   #23
Muldoonmom

Magic Mouthwash Formula

Hi Jakki,

Sorry I'm so late in getting the magic mouthwash formula to you.... I was away on vacation and am just getting organized again.

Here it is:

Nystatin Oral Suspension: 60 ml
Benadryl Elixir: 50 ml
Lidocaine: 10 ml

Swish and swallow 5 ml - 4 times daily

It works miracles for me!

Debbie
Lumpectomy, radiation, CMF x 9, Tamoxifen
6/99 - Stage IV - 1.2 cm tumor in left lung, HER2 NEU +
VATS thoracotomy, Herceptin and Arimidex
2000 - Bone mets to left scapula and right ribs
Herceptin; Taxol x 9, Zometa
2/2001- Rt. lung - 6 mm tumor
Mini-thoracotomy
2/2001 - 12/2006
Xeloda-10 months, Navelbine-10 months,
Gemzar, Abraxane, Taxol/Carboplatin x 10, Aromasin, Faslodex,
Zoladex, Tamoxifen
2001 - Radiation to left scapula for pain managenent
9/2004 CyberKnife to right rib
7/2006 - Pleural effusion - thoracentesis performed twice
1/2007 - Pleuradesis and Taxotere x 5
4/2007 - Stopped Herceptin after 8 years (weekly).
Started Tykerb with Taxotere but stopped after 10 days
5/2007 - Stopped Taxotere, restarted Tykerb and Herceptin
Currently on Tykerb, Herceptin, Zometa
Muldoonmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:19 AM   #24
TerriLynne

Hi Jakki

I'm new to this website and forum but saw your post regarding taking Tykerb through the UK trial. I am also in the UK and hoping to get approval for the trial having just been told I have brain mets again (had whole brain radio last year and surgery in March). Did you have to wait long before being told that you were in? Does everyone get Tykerb - I did the HERA trial and due to radomising not everyone actually got Herceptin to start with.

The results on Tykerb look good and if I don't get into the trial I would be prepared to pursue it privately especially as otherwise my options are limited. Does anyone know if it is possible to have it prescribed via an oncologist in the US?

I am lucky to have had private health care throughout although under the same oncologist as would have had under NHS. As Jakki says the treatment was probably pretty much the same but everything happenned faster and the hospital was nicer - I didn't have to wait for hours each time I went for chemo which was a big plus.

Hope you are coping with the side effects Jakki - perhaps we can compare notes if I am accepted.

Best wishes & take care

Terri.
TerriLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 02:54 AM   #25
Daisypink

Update on my treatment here in England...

I have had the results following my scans to see if the tykerb/xeloda is working for my lung mets.. its bad news.. it isnt..

The mets have grown and i have new ones.. i'm devastated..

My oncologist has had to stop the trial.. i dont know where he will go from here.. he says my cancer is proving to resistant to all of the combos ive already tried..

Can anyone suggest anything else to try? I'm so desparate to live.. i dont want to die.. i'm very scared.. any one have any hope for me or encouraging stories..

I currently feel well, hardly breathless just very tired.. am i likely to able to live like this without any treatment for some time? i know no one really knows the answers to my questions but i just need some stories that may help me and bring me out of that darkness that i'm in right now..

Take care

Love jakki
xxx

Er+PR+HER2-