HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2018, 09:18 PM   #21
SoCalGal

Re: Cyberknife or Whole Brain?

Also, this is worth checking out:
Phase 2 Study of Tucatinib vs Placebo in Combination With Capecitabine & Trastuzumab in Patients With Advanced HER2+ Breast Cancer (HER2CLIMB)
‘03 latisimus dorsi flap to remove skin mets. CLEAN MARGINS. Continue single agent Herceptin thru 4/04. NED.
‘04 '05 & 06 tiny recurrences - scar line. surgery to cut out. NED each time.
1/2006 Rads again, to scar line. NED.

3/07 Heartbreaking news - mets! lungs.sternum. Try Tykerb/Xeloda. Tykerb/Carbo/Gemzar. Switch Oncs.
12/07 Herceptin.Tykerb. Markers go stable.
2/8/08 gamma knife 13mm stupid brain met.
3/08 Herceptin/tykerb/avastin/zometa.
3/09 brain NED. Lungs STABLE.
4/09 attack sternum (10 daysPHOTONS.5 days ELECTRONS)
9/09 MARKERS normal!
3/10 PET/CT=manubrium intensely metabolically active but stable. NEDhead.
Wash out 5/10 for tdm1 but 6/10 CT STABLE, PET improving. Markers normal. Brain NED. Resume just Herceptin plus ZOMETA
Dec 2010 Brain NED, lungs/sternum stable. markers normal.
MAR 2011 stop Herceptin/allergy! Go back on Tykerb and switch to Xgeva.
May-Aug 2011 Tykerb Herceptin Xgeva.
Sept 2011 Tykerb, Herceptin, Zometa, Avastin.
April 2012 sketchy drug trial in NYC. 6 weeks later I’m NED!
OCT 2012 PET/CT shows a bunch of freakin’ progression. Back to LA and Herceptin.avastin.zometa.
12/20/12 add in PERJETA!
March 2013 – 5 YEARS POST continue HAPZ
APRIL 2013 - 6 yrs stage 4. "FAILED" PETscan on 4/2/13
May 2013: rePetted - improvement in lungs, left adrenal stable, right 6th rib inactive, (must be PERJETA avastin) sternum and L1 fruckin'worsen. Drop zometa. ADD Xgeva. Doc says get rads consultant for L1 and possible biopsy of L1. I say, no thanks, doc. Lets see what xgeva brings to the table first. It's summer.
June-August 2013HAPX Herceptin Avastin Perjeta xgeva.
Sept - now - on chemo hold for calming tummy we hope. Markers stable for 2 months.
Nov 2013 - Herceptin-Perjeta-Avastin-Xgeva (collageneous colitis, which explains tummy probs, added Entocort)
December '13 BRAIN MRI ned in da head.
Jan 2014: CONTINUING on HAPX…
FEB 2014 PetCT clinical “impression”: 1. newbie nodule - SUV 1.5 right apical nodule, mildly hypermetabolic “suggestive” of worsening neoplastic lesion. 2. moderate worsening of the sternum – SUV 5.6 from 3.8
3. increasing sclerosis & decreasing activity of L1 met “suggests” mild healing. (SUV 9.4 v 12.1 in May ‘13)
4. scattered lung nodules, up to 5mm in size = stable, no increased activity
5. other small scattered sclerotic lesions, one in right iliac and one in thoracic vertebral body similar in appearance to L1 without PET activity and not clearly pathologic
APRIL 2014 - 6 YRS POST GAMMA ZAP, 7 YRS MBC & 18 YEARS FROM ORIGINAL DX!
October 2014: hold avastin, continue HPX
Feb 2015 Cancer you lost. NEDHEAD 7 years post gamma zap miracle, 8 years ST4, +19 yrs original diagnosis.
Continue HPX. Adding back Avastin
Nov 2015 pet/ct is mixed result. L1 SUV is worse. Continue Herceptin/avastin/xgeva. Might revisit Perjeta for L1. Meantime going for rads consult for L1
December 2015 - brain stable. Continue Herceptin, Perjeta, Avastin and xgeva.
Jan 2016: 5 days, 20 grays, Rads to L1 and continue on HAPX. I’m trying to "save" TDM1 for next line. Hope the rads work to quiet L1. Sciatic pain extraordinaire :((
Markers drop post rads.
2/24/16 HAP plus X - markers are down
SCIATIC PAIN DEAL BREAKER.
3/23/16 Laminectomy w/coflex implant L4/5. NO MORE SCIATIC PAIN!!! Healing.
APRIL 2016 - 9 YRS MBC
July 2016 - continue HAP plus Xgeva.
DEC 2016 - PETCT: mets to sternum, lungs, L1 still about the same in size and PET activity. Markers not bad. Not making changes if I don't need to. Herceptin/Perjeta/Avastin/Xgeva
APRIL 2017 10 YEARS MBC
December 2017 - Progression - gonna switch it up
FEB 2018 - Kadcyla 3 cycles ---->progression :(
MAY30th - bronchoscopy, w/foundation1 - her2 enriched
Aug 27, 2018 - start clinical trial ZW25
JAN 2019 - ZW25 seems to be keeping me stable
APRIL 2019 - ONE DOZEN YEARS LIVING METASTATIC
MAY 2019 - progression back on herceptin add xeloda
JUNE 2019 - "6 mos average survival" LMD & CNS new single brain met - one zap during 5 days true beam SBRT to cord met
10/30/19 - stable brain and cord. progression lungs and bones. washing out. applying for ds8201a w nivolumab. hope they take me.
12/27/19 - begin ds8401a w nivolumab. after 2nd cycle nodes melt away. after 3rd cycle chest scan shows Improvement, brain MRI shows improvement, resolved areas & nothing new. switch to plain ENHERTU. after 4th cycle, PETscan shows mostly resolved or improved results. Markers near normal. I'm stunned but grateful.
10/26/20 - June 2021 Tucatinib/xeloda/herceptin - stable ish.
SoCalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 07:52 AM   #22
KatherineM

Thanks, SoCalGirl. Sadly, I have 16 lesions, and am only treating the largest with cyberknife, so I'm not eligible. Good to know, though, that HER2+ brain mets are getting attention. Hurry, hurry, is what I say!
Started TCHP 4/25/14 - 6 rounds
Oncologist can no longer feel tumor, after 4th round
Chemo shrunk tumor to less than a mm
Lumpectomy and axillary node dissection 9/3/14
Radiation for 5 weeks, with boost
Herceptin until 4/3/15
CT Scan on 4/27 shows lung mets (lots of little ones on both sides, largest 1.6 cm) STAGE IV
Lung biopsy shows still HER2+++/ER-/PR-
Taxol with Herceptin and Perjeta May, June, July 2015
Lung mets reduced by 50%
Just H&P through Fall 2015
11/15 Progression
Back on Taxol with H&P January 2016
THP no longer working March 2016
Start Kadcyla 3/16 After first treatment, experienced low platelets, tongue turned black, had to have transfusion. Dry cough and shortness of breath for first week, improves over second and third.
4/16 Platelet transfusion after second treatment, blood blisters in mouth. Allergic reaction to platelets.
6/16 Kadcyla not working. Progression to liver, though lung mets smaller.
7/16 Start Xeloda and Tykerb.
11/16 Port infected. Taken out. Have to go off chemo.
1/17 Back on Xeloda and Tykerb
5/17 Tykerb and Herceptin
11/17 Navelbine and Herceptin
12/17 Progression in lungs, liver reevaluated, no progression
1/18 Haloven and Herceptin
2/18 Sloan Kettering consultation
3/18 Brain mets, 16 lesions, largest 16mm
3/18 Cyberknife to 16mm lesion
3/18 Haloven and Tykerb added
4/18 Scan shows all lesions significantly smaller! Some almost gone. Radiation oncologist says she's never seen anything like it
7/18 Brain scan shows progression, w/ with one new lesion. Don't want to do WBR. Will try for tucatinib.
8.15.18 Start Keytruda
KatherineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 09:27 AM   #23
SoCalGal

Katherine,
I think your approach is reasonable. While terrifying to think of anything being done to the brain, it really was one of the easiest treatments I've ever done. If they still use an aluminum "halo" affixed to your head, keep in mind these "screws" do not go in very far, and once they gave the little bits of lidocaine it's more of a pressure sensation and was not pain at all. I say it must be how it feels to have an arrow in your body, it's there and you know it's "wrong" but it far from kills you. Also made me think of the old Steve Martin bit where he came out with an arrow thru his head, signature look for years.

The other thing I wanted to mention on ANY clinical trial requirements; they can and do make exceptions all the time. I think going forward the her2climb is very promising, and hopefully they'll expand access if you need to switch protocols.

Okay, lastly, yes, this is all surreal, terrifying and for me, the next time I meet with my one (end of this month) my focus is going to be "what does it look like if I go off treatment". I have so many questions for her on this issue; will she still look after me if I need a palliative treatment for pain, will she expedite my right to die paperwork, and in her best estimation, how much good time might I have before the beast really roars. It's sad that after 10 years in her care, I am most anxious of her telling me I should find another doctor - I am afraid she won't respect or support my choices. BUT, I like to have an idea of plan A, B, C and maybe D. And know that for all my fact gathering, I won't really know until life unfolds.

Wishing you all the best on the 15th. I went in at 7:00 AM. Kept street clothes. My best friend and boyfriend came with me. We had a big room, not hospital setting. Took no drugs before hand. Asked my surgeon to stop the drill once, just for me to catch my breath. And then he finished installing the halo. I then sat for about 2 ½ hours while the physicists did more planning. Then they "snapped" me into place, which is the best way to keep my head perfectly still while they aim rads at tumor and zapped. I think that took about 10 minutes or less. I felt nothing other than relieved to get halo off. I wish you the easiest time.
xoxo
‘03 latisimus dorsi flap to remove skin mets. CLEAN MARGINS. Continue single agent Herceptin thru 4/04. NED.

3/07 Heartbreaking news - mets! lungs.sternum. Try Tykerb/Xeloda. Tykerb/Carbo/Gemzar. Switch Oncs.
9/09 MARKERS normal!
Wash out 5/10 for tdm1 but 6/10 CT STABLE, PET improving. Markers normal. Brain NED. Resume just Herceptin plus ZOMETA
OCT 2012 PET/CT shows a bunch of freakin’ progression. Back to LA and Herceptin.avastin.zometa.
12/20/12 add in PERJETA!
May 2013: rePetted - improvement in lungs, left adrenal stable, right 6th rib inactive, (must be PERJETA avastin) sternum and L1 fruckin'worsen. Drop zometa. ADD Xgeva. Doc says get rads consultant for L1 and possible biopsy of L1. I say, no thanks, doc. Lets see what xgeva brings to the table first. It's summer.
Sept - now - on chemo hold for calming tummy we hope. Markers stable for 2 months.
Nov 2013 - Herceptin-Perjeta-Avastin-Xgeva (collageneous colitis, which explains tummy probs, added Entocort)
FEB 2014 PetCT clinical “impression”: 1. newbie nodule - SUV 1.5 right apical nodule, mildly hypermetabolic “suggestive” of worsening neoplastic lesion. 2. moderate worsening of the sternum – SUV 5.6 from 3.8
3. increasing sclerosis & decreasing activity of L1 met “suggests” mild healing. (SUV 9.4 v 12.1 in May ‘13)
5. other small scattered sclerotic lesions, one in right iliac and one in thoracic vertebral body similar in appearance to L1 without PET activity and not clearly pathologic
Feb 2015 Cancer you lost. NEDHEAD 7 years post gamma zap miracle, 8 years ST4, +19 yrs original diagnosis.
Nov 2015 pet/ct is mixed result. L1 SUV is worse. Continue Herceptin/avastin/xgeva. Might revisit Perjeta for L1. Meantime going for rads consult for L1
Jan 2016: 5 days, 20 grays, Rads to L1 and continue on HAPX. I’m trying to "save" TDM1 for next line. Hope the rads work to quiet L1. Sciatic pain extraordinaire :((
Markers drop post rads.
APRIL 2016 - 9 YRS MBC
DEC 2016 - PETCT: mets to sternum, lungs, L1 still about the same in size and PET activity. Markers not bad. Not making changes if I don't need to. Herceptin/Perjeta/Avastin/Xgeva
APRIL 2017 10 YEARS MBC
JUNE 2019 - "6 mos average survival" LMD & CNS new single brain met - one zap during 5 days true beam SBRT to cord met
10/30/19 - stable brain and cord. progression lungs and bones. washing out. applying for ds8201a w nivolumab. hope they take me.
12/27/19 - begin ds8401a w nivolumab. after 2nd cycle nodes melt away. after 3rd cycle chest scan shows Improvement, brain MRI shows improvement, resolved areas & nothing new. switch to plain ENHERTU. after 4th cycle, PETscan shows mostly resolved or improved results. Markers near normal. I'm stunned but grateful.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:58 AM   #24
SoCalGal

Thinking of you today! Update when you can. Xoxo

9/09 MARKERS normal!
12/20/12 add in PERJETA!
Markers drop post rads.
APRIL 2016 - 9 YRS MBC
APRIL 2017 10 YEARS MBC
Old 03-15-2018, 11:00 AM   #25
KatherineM

So I broke the cyberknife. Had to reboot the computer with 15 minutes to go. Lovely. Took an ativan and came home to nap for a few hours. Feeling sleepy, but normal enough. Yesterday, I had some unsteadiness and shaking, and was worried, but it seems to have been nerves - I was very anxious and scared - and maybe not some accelerated worsening. Will get Halven and add Tykerb back tomorrow, my 59th birthday. Then another brain MRI in April to see what the little lesions are doing. Felt so surreal to get the cyberknife today - lying down with the mask on, as the robot wheeled around the room, squealing, beeping, and bopping, knowing that it was periodically zapping my brain with high doses of radiation. Unpleasant, but minimally invasive. No pain. No blood. No knife. Just the powerful invisible force of a substance used in military weaponry, for great destruction, or, in this case, for individual healing. Strangeness. But gratitude. I hope it works! Thanks, you guys, your support means more and more to me, as we share this journey. People say I'm brave, and maybe I am, but I wouldn't be if I hadn't had to have been. Will I make it to 60? Big deal in Korean culture. I hope so!
Herceptin until 4/3/15
CT Scan on 4/27 shows lung mets (lots of little ones on both sides, largest 1.6 cm) STAGE IV
Lung mets reduced by 50%
11/15 Progression
Start Kadcyla 3/16 After first treatment, experienced low platelets, tongue turned black, had to have transfusion. Dry cough and shortness of breath for first week, improves over second and third.
4/16 Platelet transfusion after second treatment, blood blisters in mouth. Allergic reaction to platelets.
4/18 Scan shows all lesions significantly smaller! Some almost gone. Radiation oncologist says she's never seen anything like it
7/18 Brain scan shows progression, w/ with one new lesion. Don't want to do WBR. Will try for tucatinib.
8.15.18 Start Keytruda
Old 03-15-2018, 12:16 PM   #26
Donna H

Glad you got thru today. Stay strong - keep fighting. I am wishing you the best of everything!! Hugs!!
Donna H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 01:14 PM   #27
MaineRottweilers

Katherine, I hope all is well for you today. Sending you plenty of strength.
5/1/13 IDC ER/PR- HER2/neu+++
5/14/13 Mastectomy and SN biopsy
5/20/13 IDC Stage IIb Grade 3 Nodes 1/4 also IDC and DCIS multi focal in remaining dissected tissue.
5/30/13 MUGA and CT thorax, abdomen & pelvis, establish baseline.
6/4/13 Installed my little purple power port.
6/14/13 Chemo started TCH
6/14/13 Informed of suspicious ares on scans scheduled PET.
7/1/13 PET Scan NED!
9/27/13 FINAL CHEMO taken! ----well, maybe not.
10/15/13 Three little tattoos.
10/24/13 Radiation begins and fourth tattoo placed.
11/27/13 Perfectly radiant! Radiation completed the day before Thanksgiving and so, so much to be thankful for this year and every day hereafter.
1/2/14 Happy New Year, you have a Goiter? Muga down to 59%.
1/17/14 Hashimoto's Dz Dx'd. Now maybe I'll feel BETTER!
5/2/14 Herceptin completed! New kitten!
8/19/14 Prophylactic mastectomy (right) and PORT OUT! I'm DONE and now I really am a SURVIVOR.
2/15 Started not feeling so swell. Memory lapses and GI issues with nausea and blurry vision.
4/30/15 U/S cystic gallbladder, cyst on right ovary and mass in my uterus. GYN consult scheduled---and cancelled. I'm not ready.
5/4/15 Brain MRI clear (big sigh of relief)
7/30/15 Back Pain
8/31/15 Radiograph: compression fracture L2
9/10/15 Bone Scan positive
9/21/15 CT scan conclusive for tumor
10/1/15 CT guided biopsy & Brain to Pelvis MRI reveal additional lesions on spine C6, T10, T11 and L2 is collapsing.
10/8/15 Abbreviated pathology: new tumor(s) poorly differentiated carcinoma consistent with known breast primary.
ER-/PR+ (40%)
HER2/neu+++ Ki-67 4% Pancytokeratin AE1/3 Strong Positivity in all malignant cells.
10/13/15 Abnormal Dexa: moderate risk of fracture to both femoral head/neck R&L. Significant risk to lumbar spine.
10/14/15 Radiation consult back to the cooker.
10/20/15 MUGA 50% down from 54% after a year off Herceptin (???)
10/21/15 Kyphoplasty L2
10/22/15 Re-start Chemo: Perjeta, Herceptin & Taxotere
10/26/15 PET Scan confirms C6, T10-11, L2, new lesion noted at L4 but no visceral involvement---Happy dance!!!
10//29/15 Xgeva
10/29/15 Radiation Simulation--three new tattoos to add to my collection. Just call me Dotty.
10/30/15 CA27-29 63 U/mol (<38 U/mol)
11/3/15 First Trip to see Dr. E. Mayer at DFCI
11/4/15 Surgical consult to re-install my little purple power port.
11/9/15 Radiation treatment one of five.
11/10/15 Installed my little purple power port and not a moment too soon, took them four tries to get an IV started today.
Yes, we really are going down this road again.
12/5/15 CT for suspected pulmonary embolism demonstrates increase in T10-11 mets.
12/8/15 Bone Scan uptake at T10-11 (not seen 9/17/15) & Right 8th Rib (not evident on PET 10/26/15)
12/10/15 Consult Re: PROGRESSION. Halt THP due today. Schedule PET and order TDM1 for next week. PLAN B.
12/14/15 PET scan: NO PROGRESSION! THP is working, metabolic activity minimal. Merry Christmas to me! Sticking with PLAN A, it's working.
1/7/16 Start Taxol weekly instead of Taxotere (has been too taxing and not rebounding between txs.) Zometa instead of Xgeva.
3/28/16 CT shows new sclerotic lesions on T12, L3, L5, L6, right ilium and head of right femur. No uptake on Bone Scan (progression????)
3/31/16 Discontinue Taxol start Arimidex, still getting H&P.
6/2/16 Discontinue Arimidex and start Exemestane.
6/18/16 PET is NEAD!!
7/1/16 Discontinue Exemestane and restart Armidex (SEs)
8/29/16 CT/Bone Scan Stable (still uptake at T10-11)
10/3/16 BSO pathology negative
10/10/16 MRI: Brain clear!
10/14/16 Switched care to Harold Alfond Center for Cancer Care
11/24/16 Xgeva, New MO preference to Zometa
12/12/16 CT/Bone scan Mostly stable significant uptake at L2 plan to PET
1/12/17 PET shows NEAD celebrate with a new puppy!
3/29/17 CT & BS = NEAD
7/31/17 Aetna denies access to H&P <gearing up for a fight>
8/4/17 CT& BS= STABLE
8/9/17 No treatment, Aetna still denying H&P
8/14/17 Aetna appeal approved H&P through February 2018!
2/5/18 CT & BS = STABLE

//
MaineRottweilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 03:23 PM   #28
KatherineM

I am four days out from cyberknife, and, though I am not experiencing any side effects so far - knock on wood - I have been sort of freaking out about the grim statistics surrounding brain metastases, which I couldn't help stumbling upon. Even though I've been stage 4 for three years, I still had hope that the lung mets could be stabilized, and that I had some years left to live a good quality of life, but now with the brain progression, I feel like my time line has shrunk suddenly, to where I'm wondering if I'll make it to my 60th, which is a year from Friday. This is terrifying, but the worst part is the not knowing. I teach university, and am trying to finish out the semester, but may have to take medical leave in the fall, and don't know if I'll ever go back. I'm not sure what to do about the fear and the uncertainty, which I'm sure you all share; it's one of the pervasive conditions of our illness and staging, but how do you handle it healthily? How do you not succumb to the fear and the dark thoughts? It's so hard, and you don't want to bring the people you love down, or to be treated with kid gloves, but it's also hard, sometimes, to pretend to be up or cheerful all the time. You know?
Herceptin until 4/3/15
Lung mets reduced by 50%
11/15 Progression
8.15.18 Start Keytruda
Old 03-19-2018, 03:34 PM   #29
SoCalGal

I wish I had answers for you. I am going through a similar space myself. Really, the only thing that we can do is bring it back in, get present. If that is all that is "doable" then thats okay for now. You cannot answer all the questions, including what the mets are doing or not doing. Try to focus on the individual part of the day. I do a lot of self-talk, like, "okay, now it's morning. I'm going to shower, eat and get dressed. And what I'm not going to do it get in to the chatter in my head". This disease takes so much, we have to take back what we can. Focus on your birthday plans for this year. Don't worry or grieve about next year, at least not this week. You've just been through an ordeal, so self care is critical. If you truly believe your days are shortly numbered, then my best advice is to make sure you are spending your time on what matters to you. For some it might be work, each of us is different. You don't have to make big declarations now, you can try one thing and decide no, and try another. There are no real rules, and certainly no map to living this way with so much fear. For me, the other day I realized I went a whole couple hours without once thinking the cancer word. I have said since day one, cancer is a mind game. Fear the enemy. We all have it. It's good to express it, here, or in a group, to a close friend, or family members, or clergy or whomever. But we also have to control the chatter. It's exhausting, and takes the joy out of everything. I am reaching out to a couple groups, have gone back to my old shrink, and am working on doing a little each day. Not super successful with attitudes of gratitude, more like spitting mad, but work in progress. It aint over till the fat lady sings...and let's not keep trying to write the ending. And miracles do happen every day!! "post quick reply. lol"
xoxo Flori

9/09 MARKERS normal!
12/20/12 add in PERJETA!
Markers drop post rads.
APRIL 2016 - 9 YRS MBC
APRIL 2017 10 YEARS MBC
Old 03-20-2018, 09:46 AM   #30
KatherineM

Thanks, Flori. I am grateful to you, and to everyone who has shared a bit of their journey here. It is a terrible camaraderie to share, but it does help to know that one is not alone. And, yes, stopping the chatter, stepping outside of the fear and the foreboding, being able to just luxuriate in the moment - here, alone in the house, on an unexpectedly sunny day, when the weather predicted rain, eating leftover Korean food, listening to the neighbor building his new house (ha!) - this is crucial and right and good. The disease has taught me to pay attention, to not discount the ordinary because it is not sublime, but to recognize the sublime in the ordinary, and some people are blind to that their whole lives, so I am grateful, though I wish it didn't come at so high a cost. Today I am better with it, though I did not sleep much last night. Thank you for keeping me company in a moment of panic, Flori, I am rooting for you!
Herceptin until 4/3/15
Lung mets reduced by 50%
11/15 Progression
8.15.18 Start Keytruda
Old 03-20-2018, 11:50 AM   #31
Laurel

Katherine,

Glad you are through the cyber-knife and I really loved your description of how surreal it all was. I think that with every scan or MRI. You captured the enormity of the experience so eloquently. Brave, brave lady!

I harken back to Flori's mother's words of wisdom, "do not write the ending" of your story. How you will respond to your treatment plan is your story. My feeling is that you are going to do very well and that 60th milestone is very much in your future. It is wonderful to have so many to share the journey with on this site. We have many long term survivors with brain mets here. You will be one more!

Smile On!
Laurel

Dx'd w/multifocal DCIS/IDS 3/08
7mm invasive component
Partial mast. 5/08
Stage 1b, ER 80%, PR 90%, HER-2 6.9 on FISH
0/5 nodes
4 AC, 4 TH finished 9/08
Herceptin every 3 weeks. Finished 7/09
Tamoxifen 10/08. Switched to Femara 8/09
Bilat SPM w/reconstruction 10/08
Clinical Trial w/Clondronate 12/08
Stopped Clondronate--too hard on my gizzard!
Switched back to Tamoxifen due to tendon pain from Femara

15 Years NED
I think I just might hang around awhile....

Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 08:28 PM   #32
LizzElliot

Sweet Katherine, I'm sorry I missed all of what has been going on this month for you. I will be thinking of you and praying for you for your April appointment. Expecting and praying that the lesions are zapped. Hugs, friend. Beth
LizzElliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 07:58 AM   #33
Joan M

You may want to check out Breast Cancer Trials (bctrials.org), which also has a a separate trial search engine. Perhaps a trial will work for you at some point.

I had only one brain met that was surgically removed, and then the tumor bed received targeted radiation.
Diagnosed stage 2b in July 2003 (2.3 cm, HER2+, ER-/PR-, 7+ nodes). Treated with mastectomy (with immediate DIEP flap reconstruction), AC + T/Herceptin (off label). Cancer advanced to lung in Jan. 2007 (1 cm nodule). Started Herceptin every 3 weeks. Lung wedge resection April 2007. Cancer recurred in lung April 2008. RFA of lung in August 2008. 2nd annual brain MRI in Oct. 2008 discovered 2.6 cm cystic tumor in left frontal lobe. Craniotomy Oct. 2008 (ER-/PR-/HER2-) followed by targeted radiation (IMRT). Coughing up blood Feb. 2009. Thoractomy July 2009 to cut out fungal ball of common soil fungus (aspergillus) that grew in the RFA cavity (most likely inhaled while gardening). No cancer, only fungus. Removal of tiny melanoma from upper left arm, plus sentinel lymph node biopsy in Feb. 2016. Guardant Health liquid biopsy in Feb. 2016 showed mutations in 4 subtypes of TP53. Repeat of Guardant Health biopsy in Jana. 2021 showed 3 TP53 mutations, BRCA1 mutation and CHEK2 mutation. Invitae genetic testing showed negative for all of these. Living with MBC since 2007. Stopped Herceptin Hylecta (injection) treatment in March 2020. Recent 2021 annual CT of chest, abdomen and pelvis and annual brain MRI showed NED. Praying for NED forever!!
Joan M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 06:15 PM   #34
SoCalGal

That's a great search engine, I used it the other day and came up with a lot of reading, and trials - all in a very readable format. KATHERINE, how are you doing? Sending good thoughts and hugs and all that! Flori

9/09 MARKERS normal!
12/20/12 add in PERJETA!
Markers drop post rads.
APRIL 2016 - 9 YRS MBC
APRIL 2017 10 YEARS MBC